Candidate's political ads

Someone one the campaign trail. 2016 whatever it is, say what you will, because you will, but this guy is going to move the needle to the blue like no one else.

[ame=http://youtu.be/mLBXzAa9Tl0]Clinton Backs Grimes in Kentucky Senate Race - YouTube[/ame]

I know its off topic but take a look at this website if you are a fan of political ads.

The Living Room Candidate - Commercials - 2000 - Successful Leader

I was kind of thinking 2014, not 1952. :) These are great. Thanks for the post.

he he he...

It's amazing that if you click on 1952, there are something like 6 ads. If you click on 2012, there are like 20 per candidate. Looking at Obama's 2012 ad, you realize how little he's been able to accomplish in this term.

I probably should e-mail his ad to him and ask what has happened.

I know its off topic but take a look at this website if you are a fan of political ads.

The Living Room Candidate - Commercials - 2000 - Successful Leader

he he he...

It's amazing that if you click on 1952, there are something like 6 ads. If you click on 2012, there are like 20 per candidate. Looking at Obama's 2012 ad, you realize how little he's been able to accomplish in this term.

He would probably come over to your house and cry on your shoulder for a couple of hours.

he he he...

He would probably come over to your house and cry on your shoulder for a couple of hours.

I'm sympathetic to his not being able to get them passed. I'm at a loss why he isn't striking the notes that he brought up though. You can't control what gets passed. You can control what you say.

I've droaned on and on about it but hell, he mentioned education and training for the youth...did I just miss his push on that or was that solved?

I favor a system by which the government pays for 60 hours of post-high school training. Let's say up to $20,000 which is about $10,000 per year. Then during the work career (usually 20-30 years) that amount is paid back through payroll deductions just like social security is done. So that would be $1,000 per year or so divided by 52 weeks, that is what $20-$40 per week. The nation gets a home-grown better trained workforce and the workers get training they may not otherwise be able to afford.

Sorry...didn't mean to hijack your thread.

Always remember, candidates can promise anything and everything to win votes, but once in office there's no laws holding them to those promises. So voting because of promises is unwise. Look at their actual voting record if available, and vote based solely on that.

he he he...

I'm sympathetic to his not being able to get them passed. I'm at a loss why he isn't striking the notes that he brought up though. You can't control what gets passed. You can control what you say.

I've droaned on and on about it but hell, he mentioned education and training for the youth...did I just miss his push on that or was that solved?

I favor a system by which the government pays for 60 hours of post-high school training. Let's say up to $20,000 which is about $10,000 per year. Then during the work career (usually 20-30 years) that amount is paid back through payroll deductions just like social security is done. So that would be $1,000 per year or so divided by 52 weeks, that is what $20-$40 per week. The nation gets a home-grown better trained workforce and the workers get training they may not otherwise be able to afford.

Sorry...didn't mean to hijack your thread.

Interrupting my thread with something intelligent is alway welcome. :D

My apologies but I have read only a few of your posts. I see you are quite the Hillary fan. I haven't been but there is a time and place for everything, or not. The world will be a very different place in two years whichever way the next 8 months go.

In keeping with the thread ;) I will reply to your post in the way many debaters reply to a question, "I am glad you brought up missile defense. Missile defense is extremely important to this country which is why I am going to spend the rest of my time taking about my plans for agriculture." First of all I could never see Hillary giving a great speech, a moving and inspiring speech, which if she runs, is going to be why she will be on her heels the whole time. Her husband on the other hand, that guy is one of the greatest. In the video I posted he is off by an octave however. Not in how he is saying it, he is always pitch perfect there, but he is misreading the room a bit, they know the rehashed when they hear it, they want the original. Now that is the right octave. Obama is in a completely different arena. Obama's struggle is not that he does not have enough power, it is that he has too much power. When MLK Jr. stated, "I have a dream." He had a dream. He had a dream for a people who would change the nation. If Obama does have a dream he has a dream for a country that will change the world.

I hope the OP doesn't neg rep me for being off topic ;) but I found the Tea party theme song and just had to share. (This is the main reason I said that when Jolly won Florida's 13th district by only 2 points Republicans have a serious problem on their hands.)

[ame=http://youtu.be/esa43OY6Lr8]The MBTP Meeting With Congressman Tom Rice and Ken Moran - YouTube[/ame]

I wish there were Truth In Advertizing laws that covered political ads.:(

It's one thing to make promises, no one can say whether or not the candidate means to or will be able to keep them. It's something else entirely when a candidate, or a corporate superpac, makes up a phony story to smear his/her opponent.

This one is quite pecular. The source might explain it some.

60 Plus Association
The president of 60 Plus is Amy Noone Frederick, a former lobbyist and consultant, and the group’s national spokesman is 1950s pop star Pat Boone, who wrote that “liberalism” is like a cancer-causing virus. Martin and Boone have appeared at tea party rallies.
As a 501(c)(4) tax-exempt organization, 60 Plus is not required to disclose the sources of its funding, and it does not. The Center for Responsive Politics, however, has identified major sources of funding for 60 Plus by reviewing the IRS filings of its contributors.

Between 2009 and 2012, 60 Plus received nearly $16. 7 million from the Center to Protect Patient Rights (now called American Encore), a conservative group with ties to Republican mega-donors Charles and David Koch. In 2012, the group received more than $15.6 million from Freedom Partners Chamber of Commerce, a conservative group that spent $238 million during that year’s elections. And it also received nearly $4.6 million from the American Future Fund in 2012 and $4.1 million from the now defunct TC4 Trust in 2011. American Future Fund and TC4 Trust have been linked to the billionaire Koch brothers, as well.
[ame=http://youtu.be/HiSKmeXLwBQ]Obamacare for the Mortgage Industry (Hagan) - YouTube[/ame]

And Crapo
[ame=http://youtu.be/qCuNXmY9TRY]Obamacare for the Mortgage Industry (Crapo & Risch) - YouTube[/ame]

And Heller
[ame=http://youtu.be/P6IgyhSVq_o]Obamacare for the Mortgage Industry (Heller) - YouTube[/ame]

And I expect several others but you get the idea.

Americans for Prosperity came right out and admitted they funded this one. I did not think that was their style.
[ame=http://youtu.be/i4T3Kc4zvyA]Kay Hagan: Having trouble telling time - YouTube[/ame]

A few ads from the North Carolina Senate race, 2 from Tillis and 1 from Brannon.

Interesting that both Tillis ads had nothing but Obamacare attacks while the TEA Party candidate named several topics which were important to him.

Obamacare will be months old by November, and most voters won't have a huge problem with it. It's a mistake for politicians to use it in attack ads.

You know, a long time ago we had two laws affecting broadcast political advertising: the Truth In Advertising law, pretty much self-explanatory, and the Equal Time law, which forced all individual broadcasters to give equal advertising time to each candidate in a particular race. (You'd still have hours of political commercials every day, but at least 90% of them wouldn't be for the Koch brothers' puppets.)

I wish they'd bring those laws back.

A few ads from the North Carolina Senate race, 2 from Tillis and 1 from Brannon.

Interesting that both Tillis ads had nothing but Obamacare attacks while the TEA Party candidate named several topics which were important to him.

Obamacare will be months old by November, and most voters won't have a huge problem with it. It's a mistake for politicians to use it in attack ads.

You know, a long time ago we had two laws affecting broadcast political advertising: the Truth In Advertising law, pretty much self-explanatory, and the Equal Time law, which forced all individual broadcasters to give equal advertising time to each candidate in a particular race. (You'd still have hours of political commercials every day, but at least 90% of them wouldn't be for the Koch brothers' puppets.)

I wish they'd bring those laws back.

Obamacare was in the anti-Hagan ad. That video was uploaded March 31st. The use of 'save the mortgage industry' after 2008 seems like a backfire of gigantic proportions just waiting to happen. They must be absolutely desperate for message.

Those laws for truth in advertising and equal time seem to be so completely abused that I don't thinks it makes any difference they are gone. Actually is probably helps the Democrats immensely. The Democrats would come on and give some facts and then the Republicans would be given equal time to lie their ass off and the broadcasters were powerless to give time to truth.

Forum List

Back