Candidate Romney's (R) Mexican heritage

I don't worry so much about what Mitt's Great Grandfather has done as what he's done.

When you have 22% of voters saying they'd never vote for a Mormon, including 18% of REPUBLICAN voters, do you really want to take a risk on this guy?
He should get Donny Osmond as VP and Marie can take Hitlery's job !

I'd vote for a Mexican as I'm a libral. The question is would the Repub base/wing-nuts vote for him? :eusa_whistle:

Wonder when Perry's Big Gov't, mandatory vaccination order is going to come up? Oh, thats right, he hasn't announced yet. :razz:

I don't worry so much about what Mitt's Great Grandfather has done as what he's done.

When you have 22% of voters saying they'd never vote for a Mormon, including 18% of REPUBLICAN voters, do you really want to take a risk on this guy?

Why is his Mormonism an issue?

It's an issue with other Republicans.

Focus.

Huckabee denigrated his religion.

That's what Conservatives always do..and always will do.

Don't forget Al Sharpton,-

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZpNATkBYjU]‪Al Sharpton uses Bigoted Comments against Mitt Romney‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

Focus.

He didn't "denigrate" his religion. He asked a question about their theology that was quite correct.

He asked, "Don't Mormons believe Jesus and Satan were brothers?"

Now, to me, that's like asking if Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny are brothers or not.

But Mormons actually do believe that. It's in their holy writings. They believe God had a choice of sending one of his two sons down from the Planet Kolob to be the messiah, and he picked Jesus over his brother Satan.

Actually, I thought the far more devastating thing Huckabee said about Romney was, "I look like the guy you work with. He looks like the guy who lays you off."

And exactly what the fuck does that have to do with his ability to lead the country?

Focus.

He didn't "denigrate" his religion. He asked a question about their theology that was quite correct.

Now, to me, that's like asking if Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny are brothers or not.

But Mormons actually do believe that. It's in their holy writings. They believe God had a choice of sending one of his two sons down from the Planet Kolob to be the messiah, and he picked Jesus over his brother Satan.

Actually, I thought the far more devastating thing Huckabee said about Romney was, "I look like the guy you work with. He looks like the guy who lays you off."

And exactly what the fuck does that have to do with his ability to lead the country?

It does say something about his ability to get votes from the Evangelical conservatives. (electability). However, the right is so consumed w/ hate over the current admin that they'd vote in any conservative (white ;-) :eusa_whistle: person.

Last edited:

It does say something about his ability to get votes from the Evangelical conservatives. (electability). However, the right is so consumed w/ hate over the current admin that they'd vote in any conservative (white ;-) :eusa_whistle: person.

These are the kind of snake-handlers the President is up against:

bagley.jpg

Forum List

Back