Canada to legalize recreational marijuana in 2018

TheOldSchool

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
last stop for sanity before reaching the south
This is excellent news. It will be a MASSIVE blow to the Mexican cartels and should go a ways towards forcing more U.S. States to consider the issue. The tyranny and the bullshit has gone on long enough. Legalize it already!

Canadians should be able to smoke marijuana legally by July 1, 2018, a senior government official said Monday.

Canada would be the largest developed country to end a nationwide prohibition of recreational marijuana. In the U.S., voters in California, Massachusetts, Maine and Nevada voted last year to approve the use of recreational marijuana, joining Colorado, Washington, Oregon and Alaska. Uruguay in South America is the only nation to legalize recreational pot.

Justice Minister Jody Wilson-Raybould declined to confirm the dates provided by the official, but said in a statement the government is committed to introducing legislation this spring that would “legalize, strictly regulate, and restrict access to cannabis.”

“This will be done in a careful way to keep it out of the hands of children and youth, and to stop criminals from profiting,” the statement said. “In order to meet our commitment to legalize, the legislation will need to pass through the parliamentary process in a timely fashion.”

Canada to legalize recreational marijuana in 2018, official says

Trudeau's secret cash stash? Revenue from legal pot could reach $5B a year, CIBC says

The for profit prison industry will continue to lobby and fight tooth and nail against less, and for more criminalized behaviors, longer sentences, higher recidivism, and higher crime rates in amerian society.

The for profit prison industry will continue to lobby and fight tooth and nail against less, and for more criminalized behaviors, longer sentences, higher recidivism, and higher crime rates in amerian society.
They will, but the people are winning. Slowly, but surely. And increasingly faster.

So far.
Sessions won't do anything. States' rights and all. And if he does that just empowers the people on the right side of history to fight back harder. Sessions will only be around 4 years max anyways.

That's 4,000 miles of open border for high-grade marijuana to flood into the U.S. The cartels are going to lose countless billions of dollars. And states are going to smell the potential tax revenue and the end of the tyranny will be put on a fast track.

They should put tie-downs on all police cars and vans.

When a person possessing marijuana is caught. Bind them to the vehicle, and give them a few stout whacks with a stiff cane. They will drop the habit and obey the law after a caning or two on the public street. .... :thup: .. :cool:

Surprised they haven't already. Libs run the place, what's took them so long? Probably unmotivated lazy dope smokers.
It's hard to undo irrational fear from past generations that didn't have access to information.

Pot gets you high, and gives you an artificial reality. Thats really all the info you need.
It's other things too. Like treating pain while being far safer than deadly prescription painkillers, being a far safer alternative to alcohol, and being a cashcow for the worst criminal organizations in the world as long as it remains illegal.

Surprised they haven't already. Libs run the place, what's took them so long? Probably unmotivated lazy dope smokers.
It's hard to undo irrational fear from past generations that didn't have access to information.

Pot gets you high, and gives you an artificial reality. Thats really all the info you need.
if i do it in the privacy of my place what the hell do you care?.....if im stupid enough to drive high and i get caught....then do like Sunni wants....cane my ass.....if i get into a wreck then sue my ass....if i kill someone throw me in prison and cane my ass daily....

Forum List

Back