Can you go one day without spending retail dollars?

I am finding it more and more difficult. Maybe it is self-discipine, or maybe just the new world.

Excluding using lights and such in your home or the gas already in your car. Can you go one day without opening your wallet?

Understandably it is almost formal summer and so daily purchases of fruits and vegetables become more the norm - but outside of that - am I the only one?

It's esay not to spend daily, but not to avoid the use of things purchased previously.

Not me. If either me or my wife is not a Wal-mart before 10:00 am they send someone to the house to make sure we are well.

It's so easy not to spend retail dollars. The first thing you have to do is let the Republican party take charge. Then the partenship of the Republican party and corporate America combined with the big moral lie, (the one that says it is the poor that is responsible for all the higher costs. Because as we all know it is the poor who set the profit margins), and fooling the voting public into believeing they actually make enough money to be a Republicans. All the while they are in charge the divide between the rich and poor grows and grows. Thats how you don't spend retail dollars. Let the Republicans take away all your opportunities to advance yourself, i.e. education cuts. Let them take away all you ever worked for, i.e. taxing retirement pensions. Let them pass legislation to benefit large corporations while they cut back unemployment benefits, i.e. big oil subsidies. Let them stand idlely by while profits rise and rise right along with the cost of living for all Americans, until you don't have any retail dollars to spend at all.

Can you go one day without spending retail dollars?

I am finding it more and more difficult. Maybe it is self-discipine, or maybe just the new world.

Excluding using lights and such in your home or the gas already in your car. Can you go one day without opening your wallet?

Understandably it is almost formal summer and so daily purchases of fruits and vegetables become more the norm - but outside of that - am I the only one?
Ok, I'm a little behind the power curve here. What do you mean by "retail dollars"? :confused:

Do mean just generally spending less? Using coupons more or buying online? I do that most of the time. In fact, of the last 5 things I purchased, 4 of them I bought online the other one was gasoline.

anything taxed. a bottle of water. a coffee.

Yes. Quite easily. I make my daily coffee and home and bring my lunch to work (have done these ever since grad school). We do grocery shopping once a week, and periodic Costco runs to stock up on nonperishable and household stuff.

It also helps to not be a "recreational shopper". I mean, really, trawling through a mall is not my idea of a good time.

Hey, is Costco worth the yearly fee it charges? Do you save that back plus a substantial amount more? They're building one 5 minutes from me and I was wondering if it's worth joining. Thx.

We make us of our Costco membership. I put my friend on the account, she has her own card and we split the annual fee of $30.00 where I live. We watch for specials, but our purchases there are pretty concistent; razors, deodorant, vitamins, frozen chicken, hamburgers and condiments.

Forum List

Back