Can war crimes trials brought against Russia succeed?

Donald H

Platinum Member
Nov 26, 2020
Can past precedence of war crimes going left unnoticed and unpunished, beginning at the end of WW2 be completely ignored in the interest of demonizing Russia?

And will the questions be raised by other countries be raised on the incendiary bombing of entire villages in Vietnam?

First you need a leader in the USA with some guts....
Biden Losing GIFs | Tenor

As for 'Nam, those villages were NVA held.
Precisely.

And Russia will just claim that the cities and villages that the west claims "war crimes," were committed in, were held by far right Ukrainian forces.

The world can't hold double standards, if it is even going to try to attempt any prosecution.

Considering the bureaucracy that goes on in thse cases, probably not.

As for 'Nam, those villages were NVA held.
It's legitimate to make the comparison, as I've suggested. The US made no effort to spare the civilian population and so the war crimes must be considered to be as cruel and egregious as any other example in history. The war crimes by America in Vietnam can be said to be on the same scale as the firebombing of Dresden. A purposeful slaughter of civilians for no possible military gain.

And now fwiw, the supposed bombing of the mall next to the store of military assets, has been dropped as the great war crime it was supposed to be. Perhaps 14 dead, as a comparison to Dresden and Vietnamese villages?

Will it be revisited again as a possible scene of war crimes? That's the ultimate test of progaganda gone sour.

Precisely.

And Russia will just claim that the cities and villages that the west claims "war crimes," were committed in, were held by far right Ukrainian forces.

The world can't hold double standards, if it is even going to try to attempt any prosecution.

Is it a double standard? Because the U.S. isn't a terrorist nation, nor is it a nation led by dictators.

It's legitimate to make the comparison, as I've suggested. The US made no effort to spare the civilian population and so the war crimes must be considered to be as cruel and egregious as any other example in history. The war crimes by America in Vietnam can be said to be on the same scale as the firebombing of Dresden. A purposeful slaughter of civilians for no possible military gain.

And now fwiw, the supposed bombing of the mall next to the store of military assets, has been dropped as the great war crime it was supposed to be. Perhaps 14 dead, as a comparison to Dresden and Vietnamese villages?

Will it be revisited again as a possible scene of war crimes? That's the ultimate test of progaganda gone sour.

Coming from someone who was never there, and never had to go, of course you hold this opinion.

Coming from someone who was never there, and never had to go, of course you hold this opinion.
The final point is, no American had to go and many ran away to other countries to avoid fighting a war that tried their conscience.

Those that did go to war would be faced with having to reconcile their choice for the rest of their lives. Most assuredly the majority did and the minority chose suicide.

On the other hand, there is honour in choosing to not be a part of it. That goes doubly true for the Iraq war that is even less held up as being legitimate and for some imagined righteous purpose.

Can you accuse Russia of war crimes when just comparisons can't be avoided?

iu

You are so naive.
iu

6l70dx.jpg

6l70ij.jpg

I love how you respond in memes, an indication of your intelligence.

Also amazing how someone who claims to love America is the first to vilify it.

American interventions and Russian "interventions" are different because Americans leave the nations when we are done with them (except for bases) and Russia does not. America has intentions for good, Russia has territorial intentions. America is a nation of freedom, Russia is a nation of corruption.

Get your head out of your ass, and don't support Russia just because Biden says Russia is in the wrong.

We’re spreading Democracy?
You have no idea the forces that control the intelligence services in Ukraine. Just as our own intelligence services have become a politicized, "deep state," you cannot truly have a representative democratic republic, if the clandestine services are, in actuality, representing, a small, select stake holder group.

It is only a facsimile of "democracy."

It has even been publicly acknowledged that Ukraine has nationalized their TEE VEE, and banned certain political parties.

You have no idea the forces that control the intelligence services in Ukraine. Just as our own intelligence services have become a politicized, "deep state," you cannot truly have a representative democratic republic, if the clandestine services are, in actuality, representing, a small, select stake holder group.

It is only a facsimile of "democracy."

It has even been publicly acknowledged that Ukraine has nationalized their TEE VEE, and banned certain political parties.
Do I have to do the damn disclaimer nonsense to say “ the remark was intended for sarcasm “?

I love how you respond in memes, an indication of your intelligence.
How so? One does not follow the other. In fact, just the reverse is true. It is axiomatic, an image is worth a thousands words.
Also amazing how someone who claims to love America is the first to vilify it.
I am not, "vilifying," America, I am sorry if your feelings are hurt by facts. I am only attempting to hold those in power to the standards that our founders held those who oppressed us, to the principles in our founding documents. That is not "vilifying," it is holding up a mirror, to our own corrupt systems of power, to make sure we live by our own standards of behavior. The Russians would have never had international legal standard to invade in the first place, if Israel and America, had not given them one. It was, however, Israel, in the '67 war, and American, in the second Iraq war, that wrote the modern doctrine of preemptive invasion for self-defense, which Russia used for this invasion. IT IS OUR FAULT!

If Ukraine had not had that build up of 150,000 troops next to Crimea and the Donbas in late Dec. of 2021? Russia, in all likelihood, would have never had an excuse for invasion. END OF STORY. How do you think Biden knew Russia was going to invade? Why do you think Russia built up its forces on the border in the first place? :dunno:

American interventions and Russian "interventions" are different because Americans leave the nations when we are done with them (except for bases) and Russia does not. America has intentions for good, Russia has territorial intentions. America is a nation of freedom, Russia is a nation of corruption.
When you leave behind military bases, military forces, international companies and foundation peopled with spooks, and intelligence assets & large diplomatic attaches in a nation that have have conquered and occupied? That nation becomes your vassal and/or client state. When it does eventually have some semblance of independence, it's trade and culture ties are so embedded with yours, the people of that nation's lifestyle are so dependent on yours, they have no will to detach. It works the same with Russia or China, the government "type," makes very little difference.

Get your head out of your ass, and don't support Russia just because Biden says Russia is in the wrong.

I clearly am NOT supporting Russia. I am in support of the American people. I understand economics, and am more fully aware of how unlimited support of American adventurism in Europe, only benefits the ruling classes in America, but, economically, contributes to supply shortages, energy shortages, and hyperinflation in America, hurting the lower and middle classes.

If you don't get this? You are clueless about how war affects everyday Americans, and have no idea about how the Vietnam war devastated this nation, causing stagflation of the late seventies.

There is nothing to be gained in this war for the vast majority of Americans, it is only good for the global oligarchs who wish to create a NEW GLOBAL WORLD ORDER.

It was, however, Israel, in the '67 war, and American, in the second Iraq war, that wrote the modern doctrine of preemptive invasion for self-defense, which Russia used for this invasion. IT IS OUR FAULT!

Russia had no reason for "preemptive defense" since Ukraine just wanted Russia to leave it alone.
If Ukraine had not had that build up of 150,000 troops next to Crimea and the Donbas in late Dec. of 2021?

Russia was building up troops long before Dec. 2021 along the Ukrainian border. That seems like a legit reason to move soldiers to the border when a nation that is clearly hostile to you, starts building an invasion force along your border.

I clearly am NOT supporting Russia. I am in support of the American people.

Then you should realize that American supremacy rests on the fact that we are a military and world superpower. If we show our belly to the enemy, we will be walked on all over.

If you don't get this? You are clueless about how war affects everyday Americans, and have no idea about how the Vietnam war devastated this nation, causing stagflation of the late seventies.

Stagflation was caused by a clueless democrat named Jimmy Carter.

Forum List

Back