Can someone explain this to me?

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by annie52, Jun 26, 2009.

1. annie52

annie52 Rookie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8
    This is my first post and I'm not sure if I'm posting in the right section but I have a question that I'm hoping someone can answer for me.
    My sister is a die hard obama fan. I think he's the worst thing that ever happened to our country. I try to tell her stuff and she always has an answer and we just end up in a big fight so we just try not to talk about politics. I'm just wondering why she can't see what that jerk is doing to the country. Here is my question.
    Her hubby works for the railroad and of course they are union. I know that you have all heard how the unions are getting "special treatment". I don't know but I'm wondering if that is one of the reasons she acts like obama is so wonderful. It just makes me sick. Will they be effected by all the crap that he is wanting to do? I don't want anything bad to happen to them, I just want her to see what kind of nut he is. I didn't word this very well, but I know you can see what I'm trying to ask.
    Thanks for any info.
    Annie

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. xotoxi

xotoxi Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,492
    Thanks for writing, and welcome.

Let me just say that I think you should chill.

Just chill.

Hopefully that helps. :)

3. cowboytom

cowboytom Rookie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Patience may help but know that Obama with his cap and trade will affect the train industry greatly. A great deal of coal is transported by train. Taxation on coal will cause severe cutbacks by consumers and that will put a large burden on train companies. Obama himself is failing miserably and the recent fall in his poll numbers reflect that folks are beginning to figure him out. Smoke and mirrors will only fool people for a short time.His time for pushing legislation is drawing to an end.Cap and trade will probably not pass the senate but you might explain to youre sister what that would mean for her husbands future.

4. AVG-JOE

AVG-JOE American Mutt Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,017
    Welcome to the board. I dare say she is still caught up in the changes to our lobby-dollar driven government that were promised during the election and touched on during Obamas first speech back in January. First political speech I ever heard where 'bullshit' was called on the corporate bullshitters.

Too bad Washington DC assimilated the poor bastard so quickly... apparently resistance was futile... :eusa_think: I wonder what the lobbyists have on him? Sorry, subject of another thread, perhaps...

Anyhoo, unless he gets religion regarding the change the voters wanted, your sister will come around soon enough. Don't let it ruin your relationship with her.

-Joe

5. garyd

garyd Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +401
    Obamaphiles are in a class by themselves when it comes to hanging on to their delusions. Annie 52. You can't talk to them you can't reason with them. All you can do is hope that the reality therapy of standing in the uneployment line with 15% of the population or more will finally be enough of a cathartic shock that they wake up and come to their senses.

Joe exactly which one of your geese did Obama step on?

6. eots

eots no fly list

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,606
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAaQNACwaLw]YouTube - The Obama Deception HQ Full length version[/ame]

7. strollingbones

strollingbones Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +31,971
    i am a liberal i voted for obama...esp after his selection of palin...(go nuts here dc.....) i am very dismayed by obama and his actions...even more dismayed by the house just rubber stamping bills...i have this sillie concept that the more we know now....the lets pain later...or so one would hope...

8. jillian

jillian Princess Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,433
    well, if you talk to her in the tone of that post, I can see where you two would fight.
    You might start by getting a grip on reality. Take a deep breath and remind yourself that WE feel that we tolerated the worst president in history for eight years when you voted for GWB twice.

As for unions getting "special treatment", I'm afraid I don't know what you're talking about. Do you mean that the corporatists have less power?

cool...

Last edited: Jun 27, 2009
  9. Midnight Marauder

Midnight Marauder BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,876
  10. code1211

code1211 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +845
    As it happens, I am one who was willing to give the snake oil salesman a chance. He got it. He blew it. He's like Hillary on steroids. The MOST Liberal President we have ever had. He makes Jimmy Carter look like Barry Goldwater.

Apparently, I'm not alone. Rasmusson runs a poll that compares the strongly approve component to the strongly disapprove component. Subtract one from the other. BO was at about +27% Strongly approve upon taking office. He's at +2% effective yesterday. It's a daily tracking poll.

This is an impressive drop. Mandrake gestures hynotically. Nothing happens. It's bad and it's getting worse. I wonder if the press corp will ever "get it"? This guy is not the genuine article. He's a con man. A political partisan hack who can read and emote.

He hates America. He hates our history. He hates our ideals and hates everything relating to American achievement, American power and American wealth. He is working to dismantle our heritage, our economy and our traditions.

Anyway, here's the link to the poll:

Rasmussen Reports™: The Most Comprehensive Public Opinion Data Anywhere

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2009