Can someone explain this to me?

Welcome Annie to the board. I think the poster who advised you to "chill" is exactly right. Give him a chance. He inherited a total mess and its going to take some extraordinary steps for the US to see the light again.

I don't know why so many on this board are saying he is "failing miserably." Some of what he has done is being critisized by the right while some is being critisized by the left. That sounds like balance to me. If he were only pleasing the left, I would be worried.

So, love your sister and leave politics out of your conversations for a while. I disagree with some of my close family members about politics, but we are going fishing, even today. When Obama is hacked in my presence, I smile. Politics is just too trivial a matter to cause a riff with loved ones. Leave the riff for message boards like this one. We are all pretty thick skinned ny now.
Yes, I'm not going to let this get to me so much anymore, and I will be back here to vent if I need to instead of fueding with my sister. I love her very much and it's just not worth it. We have been through too much together to let this come between us.
I thank everyone on the board for their input.
Annie

Thank you sir. So you are finally starting to wake up to the fact that you and all the other Obamphiles were lied to and you are beginning to feel just a teensy bit screwed. That, sir, is a good sign. A healthy sign for this country.

Now all you hae to do is figure out that the coporations aren't running this administration their are being run over by this administration. We have an auto czar as if the rules and regs laid down by congress over the last fifty years aren't proof enough that no one in congress knows diddily about anything automotive and the czar whose never run anything before in his life that had anything whatever to do with anything automotive is going to tell people doing the best they can under the rules they have to operate under what they should build and where to sell it at and what constitutes a successful auto delaership. And you think the corporatists are in charge of this debacle?

Sir? :eusa_eh:

Czar? :eusa_eh:

Obamaphile? :wtf:

:lol:

You may have just been stirred from a coma, so let me re-cap:

typical right wing fringe loony garbage....and you saw the rest of my comment about the corporatists... you just chose to ignore it. *yawn*

Obama got significant support from the UAW both in the primaries and in the General Election. He thought that he might do something nice for them in return for them so he gathered up a bunch of our children's money and bought them General Motors.

Were you whining about your "children's money" when Bush cut taxes for the wealthiest 1% while running his little war of choice. Didn't think so... In fact, I'm betting that you don't even HAVE kids.

What our "kids" will be paying for is the fact that for 30 years, you idiots ignored the environment and the fact that we're reliant on foreign oil

You whining about the bail out money for rich bankers that YOUR president asked for?

Again... didn't think so, so time for you to be quiet and stop whining now.

Hey, genius, better that they should ALL have been out of business? Do you have the slightest understanding of anything.

Blah blah blah blah blah... as for health care benefits being taxed, I'd oppose that. And perhaps if you idiots actually stood for anything, you'd offer COGENT and REALISTIC alternatives that cover the uninsured. But nah... you'd rather be the wingnut party of "no" that represents NO ONE.

I'm sorry. That is a mis statement. I said ALL. What I meant to say was only the health care costs of NON-UNION workers will be taxed. Obviously, another pay-back to the UAW. These money grubbing parasites ruined the Big Three auto makers and now they're going after the whole damn country.

That doesn't even make sense other than in your fevered paranoia.

Due to this unholy marriage of the Union Bosses and the Democrat sycophants, I will NEVER buy another American car and I have never owned a Non-American car in my life. I'll be buying a Japanese whatever in the Fall.

This is beyond the reach of my mind and heart to accept. It's a wholesale diversion of our country to something detestable and nobody seems to care.

Folks, this getting very, very scary.

You're scary... thank heaven your boy screwed it up so bad you have no relevance. But please, go ask Rushbo what your opinions should be.

Jillian,

Get off the Bush Bash Sour Mash and stop looking over your shoulder at the past. MY GOD!!! If you spent half as much time being honest with yourself about Obama as you do trying to push your hatred for anything and everything non-democrat, you'd probably start to make sense on here. I hope that our new poster, Annie, will begin to see just how screwed up some of the Obamabots are...apparently she already has a pretty good glimpse of it from her sister. Sounds like you and Annie's sister would be great chat room friends. Why don't you go find out what chat room Annies sister hangs out in and you can both bash bush together and keep burying your pathetic heads in the sand until it's too late.

You want a good solution to covering the uninsured??? BUY INSURANCE!!! It's what I do! And it works GREAT!!!

Government Healthcare??? PLEASE!!!! Have you ever heard anyone refer to "government cheese" in a positive tone??? NO...because it is CRAP!!!! Free healthcare does NOTHING to help the masses!!! It only brings the quality and availability down! Go hang out in a hospital in Europe and see what I mean. I have. It's VERY enlightening.

I get it... you HATE George W. Bush with a passion. Fine...Great...BIG FUGGIN HARRY DEAL!!! Get over it!! He's gone...never to be back in the Whitehouse again. So do as your comrades are doing... MOVE ON! Focus on what's coming instead of what's behind you that you can't change. JESUS!!! Is the future so scarey that you'd rather look behind you? The best evidence of "LOONEY GARBAGE" comes from you.

Thanks guys,
You answered my question and gave me some good advice to use when I "try to talk to my sister". Your right, it's not worth fighting with her over politics. One of these days she is going to see what he has done to our country, but sadly it will be too late. :(
Annie

Too late, Annie? That's nuts! You make it sound like 4 years under Obama and living in this country will be like living in N. Korea!

I'll bet you two things - first, I'll bet you we actually have Obama for the full 8. He was a fly in the ointment for a summer but he appears to be on the payroll now.

Second, I'll bet that things are pretty much the same as they have been for the past 20 years, kind of fucked for most of us, but not so bad that we have time or inclination to do anything about it. The money that has been calling the shots around here since WWII is still firmly in control.

-Joe

Welcome Annie to the board. I think the poster who advised you to "chill" is exactly right. Give him a chance. He inherited a total mess and its going to take some extraordinary steps for the US to see the light again.

I don't know why so many on this board are saying he is "failing miserably." Some of what he has done is being critisized by the right while some is being critisized by the left. That sounds like balance to me. If he were only pleasing the left, I would be worried.

So, love your sister and leave politics out of your conversations for a while. I disagree with some of my close family members about politics, but we are going fishing, even today. When Obama is hacked in my presence, I smile. Politics is just too trivial a matter to cause a riff with loved ones. Leave the riff for message boards like this one. We are all pretty thick skinned ny now.
Yes, I'm not going to let this get to me so much anymore, and I will be back here to vent if I need to instead of fueding with my sister. I love her very much and it's just not worth it. We have been through too much together to let this come between us.
I thank everyone on the board for their input.
Annie

Annie,

the good news is that you have a family and you love each other. Some people have no one to love. We can all disagree and still love. You're right, it's not worth all the fighting. You've done what you can do and her choices are hers and hers alone. All we can do is hope for the best.

Come back and visit our little gripe fest anytime. We may not always say nice things to each other...but we're always here and you'll always find something to talk about or someone to talk to...

Good luck

Thanks guys,
You answered my question and gave me some good advice to use when I "try to talk to my sister". Your right, it's not worth fighting with her over politics. One of these days she is going to see what he has done to our country, but sadly it will be too late. :(
Annie

Too late, Annie? That's nuts! You make it sound like 4 years under Obama and living in this country will be like living in N. Korea!

I'll bet you two things - first, I'll bet you we actually have Obama for the full 8. He was a fly in the ointment for a summer but he appears to be on the payroll now.

Second, I'll bet that things are pretty much the same as they have been for the past 20 years, kind of fucked for most of us, but not so bad that we have time or inclination to do anything about it. The money that has been calling the shots around here since WWII is still firmly in control.

-Joe

Joe,

You're either a writer of Disney Fairtales or you're so fuckin rich that you don't care what happens over the next 4 years.

If we have Obama for a full 8, it will only be because he succeeds in overturning term limits or transfers us into a dictatorship. To your second point, things ARE so bad... Ask the General Motors employees who no longer have jobs. Ask the Chrysler dealers who were basically given a FUCK YOU letter and 3 weeks to clear their lots with ZERO buy back of stock...Things are the SAME as they have been for 20 years??? I hope not. Otherwise Barack Obama is a damn liar. He promised change...How many CEO were fired by the government in the past 20 years? How many banks squandered BILLIONS of tax payers dollars that was simply given to them in the past 20 years? You can blame Bush all you want, but it has been a democratically controlled house for over 2 years now....Bush couldn't get ANYTHING passed without their support. But beside all that, Bush wasn't the one who pushed this horrific stimulus package through so fast. All that BS about transparency??? Come on!!!

Annie's out there looking for real answers to real problems and you're blowing sunshine up her skirt to make YOU feel better about electing this jack ass.

Annie- My advice to you is not to talk politics with your sister. Maybe when you see something go down that affects her or her husband directly maybe you could broach the subject then when it's of interest to her. Other than that never get into a fight with a loved one over Obama. Odds are they just haven't seen their way through their Bush bashing, hating ways into what is happening today and not in the past 8 years. For some, living in the past is easier than opening your eyes and seeing what is in front of you today and moving forward. I don't have that much passion for Obama (whether love or hate) to allow him or politics to interfere with a great family relationship.

Let me tell you the secret that I live by. Never tell anyone the truth. They don't want to hear it. Most people only want to hear what they want to hear and are not looking for the truth. They want you to only agree with them and tell them what makes them feel good. Usually when I'm in a group situation I follow 3 topics of conversations that guarantee no fights..... I talk about the weather or I talk about t.v shows, music anything in the entertainment industry third food and recipes. I haven't had a fight or heated discussion with anyone in years since I put this into practice. Sucks for me because I love a heated passionate debate but it turns out most people don't and think that you are only fighting with them or you are to depressing. Save politics for the message boards, it saves real life relationships that way. Welcome to the Board!

Last edited:
Thanks guys,
Annie

-Joe

Joe,

You're either a writer of Disney Fairtales or you're so fuckin rich that you don't care what happens over the next 4 years.

If we have Obama for a full 8, it will only be because he succeeds in overturning term limits or transfers us into a dictatorship. To your second point, things ARE so bad... Ask the General Motors employees who no longer have jobs. Ask the Chrysler dealers who were basically given a FUCK YOU letter and 3 weeks to clear their lots with ZERO buy back of stock...Things are the SAME as they have been for 20 years??? I hope not. Otherwise Barack Obama is a damn liar. He promised change...How many CEO were fired by the government in the past 20 years? How many banks squandered BILLIONS of tax payers dollars that was simply given to them in the past 20 years? You can blame Bush all you want, but it has been a democratically controlled house for over 2 years now....Bush couldn't get ANYTHING passed without their support. But beside all that, Bush wasn't the one who pushed this horrific stimulus package through so fast. All that BS about transparency??? Come on!!!

Annie's out there looking for real answers to real problems and you're blowing sunshine up her skirt to make YOU feel better about electing this jack ass.

Look BEVO, I didn't say things would be sunshine and roses, I said Obama appears to have been assimilated into the DC grinder and it appears he is NOT going to fight for us as promised, making him an asset to the money behind the lobbyists on 'K' street and they no longer need to spend the money required to replace him in 2012.

The money behind the scenes experimented with an extreme economy and it blew up on them. They are cleaning it up in a manner of their choosing ala Timothy Geithner, with the primary mission to protect their power base of resource control. That's why the banks got propped up and that's why it looks like the government doesn't give a damn about the people in the hot spots like GM. The money behind the scenes sees it as a disposable asset that they are willing to negotiate with the politicians over because the politicians need it for votes, and the money understands that.

-Joe

This is my first post and I'm not sure if I'm posting in the right section but I have a question that I'm hoping someone can answer for me.

Oh I assure you we can answer all your questions

My sister is a die hard obama fan.

"Die hard fan" meaning what exactly?

I think he's the worst thing that ever happened to our country.

I try to tell her stuff and she always has an answer ..

That's called debate, honey

and we just end up in a big fight so we just try not to talk about politics.

Smart

I'm just wondering why she can't see what that jerk is doing to the country.

Perhaps because

"she always has an answer"​

Here is my question.
Her hubby works for the railroad and of course they are union. I know that you have all heard how the unions are getting "special treatment". I don't know but I'm wondering if that is one of the reasons she acts like obama is so wonderful.

You expect us to understand the motives of your sister?

It just makes me sick.

I'm beginning to think you don't need your sister's help for that.

Will they be effected by all the crap that he is wanting to do? I don't want anything bad to happen to them, I just want her to see what kind of nut he is. I didn't word this very well, but I know you can see what I'm trying to ask.
Thanks for any info.
Annie

You're trying to ask us why your sister who is marshalling facts about why she supports Obama disagrees with you?

I suspect it's because your sister can marshall FACTS for why she supports Obama, but all you've been able to tell her is what you THINK.

Just a guess of course.

She might support Obama because she's been replaced by a pod-person.

Last edited:
Hi Jim and Annie:

Welcome Annie to the board. I think the poster who advised you to "chill" is exactly right. Give him a chance. He inherited a total mess and its going to take some extraordinary steps for the US to see the light again . . .

BS!!!! Senor Obama picked up the New World Order baton from Senor Bushie and is driving the USA over the cliff going 500 miles per hour and everyone high on the Bushie/Obama Kool-aid is just as happy as they can be . . .

Let's review (Chilling Similarities):

1. Bush offered Bailout/Stimulus and Obama is doing the very same thing (story).
2. Bush allowed 20-30 Million Illegal Aliens to run around loose EVERYWHERE stealing identities and JOBS from We The People 'and' Senor Obama is doing the very same thing (story).
3. Bush pushed Illegal Alien/Employer Amnesty 'and' Obama is pushing Illegal Alien/Employer Amnesty (story) that is destroying this once-great nation.
4. Bush Outsourced U.S. JOBS overseas and Obama is doing the very same thing (story).
5. Bush and now Obama wage assaut on the Middle Class (story).
6. Bush started the fake War On Terror 'and' Obama is doing the very same thing (story).
7. Senor Bushie and Senor Obama are bringing in their New World Order Facist State of CanAmeriMexico (story with links).

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A99vgYCaUOA"]Obama The New George Bush[/ame]

8. Bush legislated from the White House and Obama (ObamaCare, ObamaEnergy, ObamaStimulus, Etc.) is doing the very same thing.

Here is a list of 20 things that these New World Order Puppets have in common (link). Senor Obama is taking the USA down the same road to Facisim, but only faster . . .

Listen to Ron Paul (link).

GL,

Terral

Last edited:
Bush couldn't accomplish any of these things without the written consent and vote of approval by a democratically controlled congress.

-Joe

Joe,

Look BEVO, I didn't say things would be sunshine and roses, I said Obama appears to have been assimilated into the DC grinder and it appears he is NOT going to fight for us as promised, making him an asset to the money behind the lobbyists on 'K' street and they no longer need to spend the money required to replace him in 2012.

The money behind the scenes experimented with an extreme economy and it blew up on them. They are cleaning it up in a manner of their choosing ala Timothy Geithner, with the primary mission to protect their power base of resource control. That's why the banks got propped up and that's why it looks like the government doesn't give a damn about the people in the hot spots like GM. The money behind the scenes sees it as a disposable asset that they are willing to negotiate with the politicians over because the politicians need it for votes, and the money understands that.

-Joe

Thanks for the compliement...I've never been called BEVO before. That's pretty cool. He's all business, just like me.

As for your love affair with the power of money, I can't totally disagree with you, but I think you give the $ too much credit. Some really really REALLY bad decisions are being made. Yes, they cost money, but most of it is coming from my pocket and yours. There's no secret money society in Washington sitting around a Monopoly board smoking cigars and cussing each other out over just bought the healthcare system.

Joe,

-Joe

Thanks for the compliement...I've never been called BEVO before. That's pretty cool. He's all business, just like me.

As for your love affair with the power of money, I can't totally disagree with you, but I think you give the $ too much credit. Some really really REALLY bad decisions are being made. Yes, they cost money, but most of it is coming from my pocket and yours. There's no secret money society in Washington sitting around a Monopoly board smoking cigars and cussing each other out over just bought the healthcare system.

I figured you'd be complimented and not offended by the BEVO :D

I hope you're right.... About the smoke filled back rooms where decisions are being made without regard to the middle class - but your words: Yes, they cost money, but most of it is coming from my pocket and yours. When you want the truth, follow the money. Ours is a complicated system so simply following the cash is not enough any more. You also have to track Capital Assets. Who is selling them at a loss it and who is picking them up at bargain-basement prices.

I don't know about you, but between tax liability, savings, investments and real estate value, the capital assets of this average Joe are about half what they were 4 years ago. When that happens to one guy, it's a bummer for him. When it happens to most of us, someone is laughing all the way to the bailed out bank.

-Joe

First off welcome to the board annie, I do understand a little of what you may be going through ,however mine is from a very different direction. My daughter is quite the Obama supporter, and after the several experiences of disagreements, I resolved myself long ago that even though from a political standpoint she disagree with her old man, she is involved in her nation and has passion for it. That by itself makes me proud to call her my daughter. There is nothing on this earth as important as family annie, not even the fact there is a new President in the White House. When you both can come to the conclusion that you each have your own views and that those views may be different , celebrate in the end that you both have a passion for your country and love one another. .....

Regards

Navy

Forum List

Back