Can Republicans win on "Cut Taxes for the rich and Subsidize corporations"?

I haven't a clue to how the election will turn out.

I do have a clue to what most Americans want:

Predictability on taxes and income.
Lower taxes OR paying down of debt.
No new spending.
Homeland security in more than a cabinet position.
Cut waste in government, people have already done at home.

Americans want increased taxes on the rich...and I can provide polls to support my statement.

People are generally in favor of increased taxes on someone else other than themselves. The fact remains that raising taxes on anyone in a weak economy is bad Keynesian economic theory so this whole "tax the rich" thing is nothing more than an election year ploy to tap into a populist message to get Barry reelected. Take a "poll" on that, Wytch.

No new spending.

Americans want increased taxes on the rich...and I can provide polls to support my statement.

how wonderful, they should be asked to have taxes increased on themselves, then see the answer..
dear gawd

Conservatives are going to run on fiscal responsibility...ie getting our financial house in order. Cutting government waste. Making sure our entitlement programs don't bankrupt the country. Getting rid of government regulations that are just plain stupid and do nothing but make our businesses uncompetitive.

Liberals like yourselves will try to paint that as "destroying" America. You'll do so because all of the above are such common sense principles that you don't have an argument against them unless you resort to demogogery. You'll play the race card. You'll play the class card. You'll accuse them of being religious nuts. But you know what? At the end of the day...the American people WANT common sense returned to govenment and they know they aren't going to get that as long as Barack, Harry and Nancy are running the show.

Don't you understand that cutting education, letting our infrastructure fail and gutting the EPA so we end us with a filthy country MAKES us noncompetitive? Why are right wingers whining that "foreign engineers" are taking their jobs. Those were never THEIR jobs because they are uneducated and fucking stupid.

No new spending.

how wonderful, they should be asked to have taxes increased on themselves, then see the answer..
dear gawd

I just want them to pay the SAME rate of taxes that I do. What's wrong with that?

Besides, I LIKE good roads and nice schools and a good sewer system and clean water. Don't you? You do like those things, right? Or are you saying you prefer filth?

Pretty much everything you said is naught but a false characterization of how ignorant liberals claim conservatives act and believe, not how conservatives actually do act and believe.
Congratulations on yet another flame baiting thread based upon mischaracterization.

Then please feel free to point out, with links, what he posted was wrong?

Doesn't the GOP want us to stay in Afghanistan, end the EPA, cut education, further deregulate Wall Street and restore the status quo on Health Care?

I'm pretty sure I watched the same GOP debates that you did and I heard all of those things.

Why should we, he didn't post links to back his fantasy claims.

Fuck you pisshead. Which one is a FANTASY damn it? I'm tired of you agreeing with people that have this agenda and when it's spelled out, you deny that's the agenda. WELL PUT UP OR SHUT THE FUCK UP BITCH!

Every once in awhile, it's fun to just sit back and watch these "leftist gang-bangs".

Congratulations to all of the leftists who have posted on this topic..............you've earned your "Master Baiter" badge!

Carry on. :clap2:

Yep.

On examination, I find that the OP is one of the 99.99% of rdean's posts that contain absolutely nothing of substance.

Conservatives are going to run on fiscal responsibility...ie getting our financial house in order. Cutting government waste. Making sure our entitlement programs don't bankrupt the country. Getting rid of government regulations that are just plain stupid and do nothing but make our businesses uncompetitive.

Liberals like yourselves will try to paint that as "destroying" America. You'll do so because all of the above are such common sense principles that you don't have an argument against them unless you resort to demogogery. You'll play the race card. You'll play the class card. You'll accuse them of being religious nuts. But you know what? At the end of the day...the American people WANT common sense returned to govenment and they know they aren't going to get that as long as Barack, Harry and Nancy are running the show.

Don't you understand that cutting education, letting our infrastructure fail and gutting the EPA so we end us with a filthy country MAKES us noncompetitive? Why are right wingers whining that "foreign engineers" are taking their jobs. Those were never THEIR jobs because they are uneducated and fucking stupid.

Education costs are out of control and they need to be addressed. Yet every time someone reins in spending on education they are accused of trying to "gut" our education system. It gets a little old after awhile. Infrastructure? Didn't we just spend billions on infrastructure in the Obama Stimulus? You know...the one with all the "shovel ready jobs" that turned out to not exist? How about we actually FIX SOME STUFF THIS TIME!!!! EPA regulations on green house gasses aren't going to make us more competitive...they are going to be another nail in the coffin of American businesses doing their very best TO compete.

And Deanie? Please don't call me uneducated and stupid when you come here and post some of the most uneducated and idiotic stuff going out over the internet. The truth is...you are incapable of original thought. You troll liberal web sites...cut and paste whatever rant they're pushing on that particular day...and then scurry over here to post it under your name. I hate to break this to you but you ARE NOT one of the great "thinkers" of our time.

No new spending.

People are generally in favor of increased taxes on someone else other than themselves. The fact remains that raising taxes on anyone in a weak economy is bad Keynesian economic theory so this whole "tax the rich" thing is nothing more than an election year ploy to tap into a populist message to get Barry reelected. Take a "poll" on that, Wytch.

So the 50s and the 90s never happened? What about that 90% tax rate that helped dig us out of a depression?

Oh, and a majority of the wealthy say "tax the wealthy"...

For those earning $1 million or more annually, 65 percent of respondents said they would support income tax increases.

No new spending.

dear gawd

There was a poll, m'dear...

Majority Of Wealthy Support Tax Increases On Millionaires: Poll

Oopsie...

Every once in awhile, it's fun to just sit back and watch these "leftist gang-bangs".

Congratulations to all of the leftists who have posted on this topic..............you've earned your "Master Baiter" badge!

Carry on. :clap2:

Yep.

On examination, I find that the OP is one of the 99.99% of rdean's posts that contain absolutely nothing of substance.

And yet no one has been able to dispute it so far...funny that.

Well, the first Congressional election of 2012 turned out to be a strong defeat for the GOP. And Walker now faces a recall election in Wisconsin, Daniels has some major problems with guy on the elections board committing voter fraud, and the OWS people have put the income disparity of the last thirty years on the front burner. Seems the tide may be running against the GOP numbnuts running the standard tax breaks for the rich campaign.

Well, the first Congressional election of 2012 turned out to be a strong defeat for the GOP

What was that date dufus?

Education costs are out of control and they need to be addressed. Yet every time someone reins in spending on education they are accused of trying to "gut" our education system. It gets a little old after awhile. Infrastructure? Didn't we just spend billions on infrastructure in the Obama Stimulus? You know...the one with all the "shovel ready jobs" that turned out to not exist? How about we actually FIX SOME STUFF THIS TIME!!!! EPA regulations on green house gasses aren't going to make us more competitive...they are going to be another nail in the coffin of American businesses doing their very best TO compete.

And Deanie? Please don't call me uneducated and stupid when you come here and post some of the most uneducated and idiotic stuff going out over the internet. The truth is...you are incapable of original thought. You troll liberal web sites...cut and paste whatever rant they're pushing on that particular day...and then scurry over here to post it under your name. I hate to break this to you but you ARE NOT one of the great "thinkers" of our time.

Yea, "Liberal Web Sites"

Research and Development

Design Engineering

USA Today

PEW Research

yes, and even, on occasion "FOX News".

I'm not calling you stupid. Merely making an observation based on your posts. Like this last one.

And look at the memorized talking points you wrote. Not a single idea. JUST TALKING POINTS.

This one's my favorite, "Getting rid of government regulations that are just plain stupid". And Republicans, who don't believe in science know which regulations are "stupid"? Seriously? Am I the only one here who sees the humor in that one statement?

So the 50s and the 90s never happened? What about that 90% tax rate that helped dig us out of a depression?

For those earning $1 million or more annually, 65 percent of respondents said they would support income tax increases.

You're going to give me a HuffPo article to prove your point, Wytch? Really?

The 50's and the 90's have very little to do with the current economy that we're in. As I said earlier, it's a Keynesian economic principle to only raise taxes in a strong economy. We had strong economies in the 50's and the 90's. We don't now. So go ahead and raise the top tax rate to 90% if you like but don't expect the same result when the circumstances we're in are TOTALLY different. There is a REASON why Christina Romer (who is about as liberal an economist as there is) cautions against raising taxes on anyone right now. She's a Keynesian and she understands full well that it would be terrible fiscal policy. The call to raise taxes by Obama isn't about fiscal policy...it's about reelection strategy.

Yea, "Liberal Web Sites"

Research and Development

Design Engineering

USA Today

PEW Research

I'm not calling you stupid. Merely making an observation based on your posts. Like this last one.

And look at the memorized talking points you wrote. Not a single idea. JUST TALKING POINTS.

This one's my favorite, "Getting rid of government regulations that are just plain stupid". And Republicans, who don't believe in science know which regulations are "stupid"? Seriously? Am I the only one here who sees the humor in that one statement?

Memorized talking points? I don't need to memorize anything. Most of what I write about here is simple common sense.

You accuse me of not believng in science? Why pray tell? Because I'm a conservative and therefore a religous nut? I'm an agnostic. Do you realize how stupid you come across as when you try and paint everyone with the same broad brush?

Yes, getting rid of regulations that are stupid. Are you so incredibly blind that you don't realize that our system is chock full of stupid regulations that don't do what they were intended to do and in many cases made the problems they were intended to fix...even worse?

Yea, "Liberal Web Sites"

Research and Development

Design Engineering

USA Today

PEW Research

Memorized talking points? I don't need to memorize anything (and yet you did). Most of what I write about here is simple common sense.

You accuse me of not believng in science? Why pray tell? Because I'm a conservative and therefore a religous nut? I'm an agnostic. Do you realize how stupid you come across as when you try and paint everyone with the same broad brush?

Yes, getting rid of regulations that are stupid. Are you so incredibly blind that you don't realize that our system is chock full of stupid regulations that don't do what they were intended to do and in many cases made the problems they were intended to fix...even worse?

Well, at least you got the "simple" part right.

Now, name a few "stupid" regulations. :popcorn:

The 50's and the 90's have very little to do with the current economy that we're in. As I said earlier, it's a Keynesian economic principle to only raise taxes in a strong economy. We had strong economies in the 50's and the 90's. We don't now. So go ahead and raise the top tax rate to 90% if you like but don't expect the same result when the circumstances we're in are TOTALLY different. There is a REASON why Christina Romer (who is about as liberal an economist as there is) cautions against raising taxes on anyone right now. She's a Keynesian and she understands full well that it would be terrible fiscal policy. The call to raise taxes by Obama isn't about fiscal policy...it's about reelection strategy.

Huffington Post is NOT the Heritage Foundation or Fox News (who sued for the right to lie). They aren't constantly scrubbing their site from bullshit lies. In fact, if you look at one of their articles, they link to everything. Right wingers assume that since their "sources" of information is all bullshit, it must be the same on the left.

I'm surprised right wingers spend so much time writing their BS. Don't they have an oil company to apologize to?

It's a Reuters article, not Huffpo. They do that...use Reuters and AP.

Please show me where Christina Romer came out against a tax increase on those making over $1 million.

The Rock and the Hard Place on the Deficit
by Cristina D Romer
The economic evidence doesn’t support the anti-tax view. Both tax increases and spending cuts will tend to slow the recovery in the near term, but spending cuts will likely slow it more. Over the longer term, sensible tax increases will probably do less damage to economic growth and productivity than cuts in government investment.

Tax increases and spending cuts hurt the economy in the short run by reducing demand. Increase taxes, and Americans would have less money to spend. Reduce spending, and less government money would be pumped into the economy.

Professional forecasters estimate that a tax increase equivalent to 1 percent of the nation’s economic output usually reduces gross domestic product by about 1 percent after 18 months. A spending cut of that size, by contrast, reduces G.D.P. by about 1.5 percent — substantially more.[...]

But if federal policy makers do decide to reduce the deficit immediately, reducing spending alone would probably be the most damaging to the recovery. Raising taxes for the wealthy would be least likely to reduce overall demand and raise unemployment.

It's a Reuters article, not Huffpo. They do that...use Reuters and AP.

Please show me where Christina Romer came out against a tax increase on those making over $1 million.

The Rock and the Hard Place on the Deficit
by Cristina D Romer
The economic evidence doesn’t support the anti-tax view. Both tax increases and spending cuts will tend to slow the recovery in the near term, but spending cuts will likely slow it more. Over the longer term, sensible tax increases will probably do less damage to economic growth and productivity than cuts in government investment.

Tax increases and spending cuts hurt the economy in the short run by reducing demand. Increase taxes, and Americans would have less money to spend. Reduce spending, and less government money would be pumped into the economy.

Professional forecasters estimate that a tax increase equivalent to 1 percent of the nation’s economic output usually reduces gross domestic product by about 1 percent after 18 months. A spending cut of that size, by contrast, reduces G.D.P. by about 1.5 percent — substantially more.[...]

But if federal policy makers do decide to reduce the deficit immediately, reducing spending alone would probably be the most damaging to the recovery. Raising taxes for the wealthy would be least likely to reduce overall demand and raise unemployment.

Damn, you just burst a delusion. How dare you!

Balloon-burst.jpg

They don't WIN on those things althought that is the platform.

What they win with is the SPITE VOTE.

In the minds of far too many working class people, a vote for the GOP is a vote against the KIND of people they disapprove of.

I seriously doubt if more than 25% of the voters actually vote FOR a candidate.

Most of us (myself included) tend to vote against the other guy

They don't WIN on those things althought that is the platform.

What they win with is the SPITE VOTE.

In the minds of far too many working class people, a vote for the GOP is a vote against the KIND of people they disapprove of.

I seriously doubt if more than 25% of the voters actually vote FOR a candidate.

Most of us (myself included) tend to vote against the other guy

cut off your nose to spite your face?

nosegrind.jpg

Forum List

Back