Can one be both Pro-Islam and Pro-Choice???

THE LIGHT

Silver Member
Is it possible for one to say that they are for a woman having the choice to murder a baby if she doesn't want it, yet at the same time say that you support Islam which states that a man can have sex with a woman whenever he wants to and she cannot object?

“Your wives are as a tithe [a field to be ploughed] unto you, so approach your tithe when or how ye will”. (Surah 2:223)

"The men are made responsible for the women, ** and GOD has endowed them with certain qualities, and made them the bread earners. The righteous women will cheerfully accept this arrangement, since it is GOD's commandment, and honor their husbands during their absence. If you experience rebellion from the women, you shall first talk to them, then desert them in bed, then you may beat them. If they obey you, you are not permitted to transgress against them. GOD is Most High, Supreme." (Surah 4:34)

[2:228] The divorced women shall wait three menstruations (before marrying another man). It is not lawful for them to conceal what GOD creates in their wombs, if they believe in GOD and the Last Day. (In case of pregnancy,) the husband's wishes shall supersede the wife's wishes, if he wants to remarry her. The women have rights, as well as obligations, equitably. Thus, the man's wishes prevail (in case of pregnancy). GOD is Almighty, Most Wise.

http://www.submission.org/suras/sura2.html

Last edited:
As long as a person being muslim doesnt infringe upon the rights of another person, :thup: .

I mean can you be pro-christian and still respect americas tradition and culture of religious freedom? That damn first commandment or american values!

I'm assuming you really mean to type "Muslims" instead of "pro Islam". What the fuck is "pro Islam"?

No wait. Let me guess. It's a passive-aggressive broadside at liberals, thinking you've got 'em in a conundrum with your crafty troll bait. :doubt:

I'm assuming you really mean to type "Muslims" instead of "pro Islam". What the fuck is "pro Islam"?

No wait. Let me guess. It's a passive-aggressive broadside at liberals, thinking you've got 'em in a conundrum with your crafty troll bait. :doubt:

Islam is the religion while Muslims are the people who follow the religion in case you didn't know.

So to say someone is pro-Muslim means absolutely nothing. That would be like saying, are you pro-Native American.

Islam is the religion while Muslims are the people who follow the religion in case you didn't know.

So to say someone is pro-Muslim means absolutely nothing. That would be like saying, are you pro-Native American.

You're not getting it, at all. Someone who is pro-Islam would be someone in favor of Islam, so it follows that they would be a believer in Islam: a Muslim. Don't make me start using multi-color fonts for this.

Back to square one. What do you mean by "pro Islam"?

As long as a person being muslim doesnt infringe upon the rights of another person, :thup: .

I mean can you be pro-christian and still respect americas tradition and culture of religious freedom? That damn first commandment or american values!

So your answer is no?

I think a person can be a muslim if they choose and a woman can have an abortion if she decides thats what she wants.

Youre just being purposefully asinine(like my example). Can one be pro-christianity and pro-choice? Shit, if youre pre-christianity you cant even be pro-masturbation.

Last edited:

You're not getting it, at all. Someone who is pro-Islam would be someone in favor of Islam, so it follows that they would be a believer in Islam: a Muslim. Don't make me start using multi-color fonts for this.

You may use whatever crayons you want out of your play set.

Pro Abortion doesn't mean that you have had an abortion now does it? Does a man need to have an abortion to be Pro Choice?

So your answer is no?

I think a person can be a muslim if they choose and a woman can have an abortion if she decides thats what she wants.

Youre just being purposefully asinine(like my example). Can one be pro-christianity and pro-choice? Shit, if youre pre-christianity you cant even be pro-masturbation.

Pre Christian?:lol::lol::lol:

What happens when the Muslim tells his muslim wife she cannot have an abortion?

Pro Abortion doesn't mean that you have had an abortion now does it? Does a man need to have an abortion to be Pro Choice?

I'm asking for a straight answer not a pair of rhetorical questions, that way I know if I'm in the target audience for your bait. This shouldn't be hard for you to define. What do you mean by pro-Islam?

I support freedom of religion as is protected under the First, for all recognized religions. That hardly makes me pro-Islam, or pro-Christianity.

So your answer is no?

1. Typo but you know what I meant.
2. Not his choice however. He can tell her that an abortion is not what he wants but its her choice.

One can choose what they are. If they are Muslim, they can be Pro Choice, if they want to be.

I'm asking for a straight answer not a pair of rhetorical questions, that way I know if I'm in the target audience for your bait. This shouldn't be hard for you to define. What do you mean by pro-Islam?

I support freedom of religion as is protected under the First, for all recognized religions. That hardly makes me pro-Islam, or pro-Christianity.

It sounds like you answered your own question. Yes, Pro-Islam would mean being in favor of Islam being practiced.

Of course, you could have figured that out by reading my OP if you wanted to.

Last edited:

1. Typo but you know what I meant.
2. Not his choice however. He can tell her that an abortion is not what he wants but its her choice.

So you are anti-Islam then.

One can choose what they are. If they are Muslim, they can be Pro Choice, if they want to be.

That wasn't the question.

The question was can you be in support of the practice of Islam which forbids the choice of women while supporting the choice of women?

I think someone needs to read a little about Islam.
For one the Quran says woman are equal to men. Only conservative Muslims believe women have limited rights.

That wasn't the question.

The question was can you be in support of the practice of Islam which forbids the choice of women while supporting the choice of women?

I think someone needs to read a little about Islam.
For one the Quran says woman are equal to men. Only conservative Muslims believe women have limited rights.

No, you educate yourself. I just posted two scriptures from the Koran that show this is not the case.

Here, educate yourself.;)

[2:228] The divorced women shall wait three menstruations (before marrying another man). It is not lawful for them to conceal what GOD creates in their wombs, if they believe in GOD and the Last Day. (In case of pregnancy,) the husband's wishes shall supersede the wife's wishes, if he wants to remarry her. The women have rights, as well as obligations, equitably. Thus, the man's wishes prevail (in case of pregnancy). GOD is Almighty, Most Wise.

http://www.submission.org/suras/sura2.html

Last edited:
The Qur'an states: "Men are the maintainers and protectors of women, because Allah hath made the one of them to excel the other, and because they spend of their property (for the support of women)." The Qur’an also states, men and women are equal in creation and in the afterlife. Surah an-Nisa' 4:1 states that men and women are created from a single soul (nafs wahidah). One person does not come before the other, one is not superior to the other, and one is not the derivative of the other. A woman is not created for the purpose of a man. Rather, they are both created for the mutual benefit of each other.[Qur'an 4:34]
Women in Islam - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You are lumping all Muslims into one group. You have no clue what you are talking about.

And if what you say is true, why has there been women rulers and Prime Ministers in Muslim countries?
You need to learn that not all Muslims think a like, and many have different beliefs.

Forum List

Back