Can Obama run on his record?

article-2041836-0E15734700000578-533_634x443.jpg

President Obama seen RUNNING FROM HIS RECORD.

George W. Bush inherited a strong economy, a budget surplus, and a nation at peace.

Eight years later, he left Obama with a shattered economy, a trillion dollar deficit, and two useless wars.

Obama saved the country from another Great Depression, rebuilt GM, reformed healthcare, reformed Wall Street, doubled the stock market, created 8 straight quarters of GDP growth, created 22 straight months of private sector job growth, got Bin Laden, got Gaddafi, and got us out of Iraq.

And now with the automatic spending cuts and the expiration of the Bush tax cuts in 2012, Obama has solved the deficit problem as well.

Obama has done a very good job.

Why do dems keep pimping Obama's alleged deficit record? He's running the highest deficits in the history of the nation (by far).

Obama saved us from a Great Depression? We all know that's a lie. We were not heading for a Great Depression. And it's the Dems corruption that led to the foreclosure crisis. You think I want Obama walking lock-step with those same people?

The stock market did not double under Obama. Where do you get this stuff?

8 quarters of GDP growth? Does that account for inflation? I somehow doubt it. GDP growth is an expectation, not an accomplishment.

22 straight months of private sector growth? Unemployment stayed high and government grew the most easily.

Got Bin Laden? B/C of Bush's policies and then he tried to politicize it. And he also gave him a religious burial. And he refused to show the American people his dead body. That's politics!

Gaddafi? You mean he allowed for mob justice? You mean he made no case on why we should get him other than so-called human rights violations? However, he is unwilling to apply the same standard against other dictators. And what about Egypt? We handed the country over to islamo facists who now want to war with Israel and prosecute human rights groups.

Got us out of Iraq? Yea way to give away valuable bases so that eventually when we war with Iran, we'll not have that great ability.

Increasing taxes? That's a solution? The govt. is bloated. They created this chaos by their gross spending and unaccountability and you want to say hey, government have more of my hard earned money.

Reformed health care? He fucked it up worse than ever. I now pay way more to go to a doctor.

Also, real unemployment is at its highest that it's ever been in my lifetime. That's fucking progress? Fuck that shit. Obama needs to go.

I'm hearing these Romney attacks. It seems to me that libs are desperate b/c Obama can't run on his record.

Libs, why should we vote for Obama? Tell me what he has done that is so great?

Obama's Record

Record Debt
Record Deficits
Record unemployment
Record foreclosures
Record poverty
Record food stamps
Record high gas prices
First ever downgrade

The Obama budget deficits originated during the Bush presidency...

1. Tax cuts 2001-2002 (4 trillion over 10 years)
2. Prescription drug benefits (1 trillion over 10 years)
3. Economic meltdown of 2008 ( 3 trillion and rising)
4. Wars in Iraq and Afghanistan (2 trillion and winding down)

Obama has added 3.9 million jobs since 2009.

Here’s what Bush left us with.....

Aug 2008 - 334,000 net JOBS LOST
Sep 2008 - 458,000 net JOBS LOST
Oct 2008 - 554,000 net JOBS LOST
Nov 2008 - 728,000 net JOBS LOST
Dec 2008 - 673,000 net JOBS LOST
Jan 2009 - 779,000 net JOBS LOST

The Dow just reached a 4 year high. The Nasdaq just reached an 11 year high.

Obama is the Democrats Reagan.

I'm hearing these Romney attacks. It seems to me that libs are desperate b/c Obama can't run on his record.

Obama's Record

Record Debt
Record Deficits
Record unemployment
Record foreclosures
Record poverty
Record food stamps
Record high gas prices
First ever downgrade

I think it's safer to say that Obama's record will run over him.

I can't wait for the GOP to turn it's guns on Mr. Failure....and if Romney has a decent VP candidate....Biden will seal the deal...for the GOP.

You might add, record for most times ignoring the constitution along with proposing to cut medicare.

Obama's Record

Record Debt
Record Deficits
Record unemployment
Record foreclosures
Record poverty
Record food stamps
Record high gas prices
First ever downgrade

I think it's safer to say that Obama's record will run over him.

I can't wait for the GOP to turn it's guns on Mr. Failure....and if Romney has a decent VP candidate....Biden will seal the deal...for the GOP.

You might add, record for most times ignoring the constitution along with proposing to cut medicare.

I think it's laughable after trying to dismantle Medicare for 50 years, the GOP is now trying to paint themselves as its defenders.

It's like Jeff Dahmner tauting the benefits of vegan diets.

Obama saved us from a Great Depression? We all know that's a lie. We were not heading for a Great Depression. And it's the Dems corruption that led to the foreclosure crisis. You think I want Obama walking lock-step with those same people?

8 quarters of GDP growth? Does that account for inflation? I somehow doubt it. GDP growth is an expectation, not an accomplishment.

22 straight months of private sector growth? Unemployment stayed high and government grew the most easily.

Ugh.

As a financial advisor, a partner in a multi-state firm, and someone who is neck deep in matters of the economy and the market, I think I'll try to help a little here.

We were not heading for a Great Depression.

Probably significantly worse. While the Great Depression did have effects in Europe, for example, the meltdown of 2008 had far broader and deeper impact on the entire world economy. As far as our country is concerned, we were on the precipice of something never seen before. Our financial system was not just damaged, it was literally falling apart; money markets were not functioning. I remember the precise moment, even where I was standing, when I heard that money market funds had actually dipped below their customary $1.00 level - that's when I was, for the first time, truly scared. Most people don't know about that moment.

Well yes, the market did roughly double under Obama. One good benchmark I like to use is VFINX, which is Vanguard's flagship S&P 500 index fund. On March 2, 2009, this fund closed at $63.26. As of this morning, it is at $129.78. Does that help?

Does that account for inflation? It doesn't have to, nor is GDP growth vs. inflation a metric that is used with any regularity. Well, other than for political spin. But most importantly, this economy was in a shambles on January 1, 2009, the day Obama took office, and that fact can never, ever be spun away.

This is closer to being correct; but anyone who understands the depth, breadth and nature of this meltdown understands why this recovery is taking so long. While I very much dislike seeing government jobs growing like that, it was better than no growth at all, and I know that this growth has already been reversed.

Pretending that this economic meltdown was just another recession has to be intellectually dishonest, because there is far too much information and proof out there for someone who is paying attention not to know about it. People who are pretending this was just another blip know better, and it's abundantly clear they're just playing politics.

And we're not out of the woods yet. Not even close.

And by the way, off my main topic, had Bush been the one to kill bin Laden (and he wasn't), the GOP would STILL be crowing from the mountaintops about it. And I think everyone knows that.

Last edited:
3.9M private sector jobs in the past three years, economic growth since four months after he took office, ending the war in Iraq on schedule, removing troops from Afghanistan as scheduled, passing the most sweeping health care reform since LBJ, ending DADT, passing sweeping financial-sector reform etc....

Yes, he can and will run on his record- and on the two-faced record of his opponent, who supported abortion, a mandate etc...before he opposed them.

He also should point out..that Romney was a corporate raider that put people out of work. And made millions doing it.

You're in the 1/3rd of the voters who aren't about to vote for Obama no matter what you're told. You can't be reasoned with, why bother?

Your vote, btw, is canceled out by the 1/3rd of the voters who will vote for Obama no matter they're told.

In short, you're irrelevant.

3.9M private sector jobs in the past three years, economic growth since four months after he took office, ending the war in Iraq on schedule, removing troops from Afghanistan as scheduled, passing the most sweeping health care reform since LBJ, ending DADT, passing sweeping financial-sector reform etc....

Yes, he can and will run on his record- and on the two-faced record of his opponent, who supported abortion, a mandate etc...before he opposed them.

He also should point out..that Romney was a corporate raider that put people out of work. And made millions doing it.

Don't even kid yourself, he will. :)

Problem is Romney also created a lot of jobs and saved a lot of companies from going completely under, but the left will try to ignore or water that down. Unfortunately for the left those that work for the companies Romney saved know different.

Ugh.

As a financial advisor, a partner in a multi-state firm, and someone who is neck deep in matters of the economy and the market, I think I'll try to help a little here.

We were not heading for a Great Depression.

Probably significantly worse. While the Great Depression did have effects in Europe, for example, the meltdown of 2008 had far broader and deeper impact on the entire world economy. As far as our country is concerned, we were on the precipice of something never seen before. Our financial system was not just damaged, it was literally falling apart; money markets were not functioning. I remember the precise moment, even where I was standing, when I heard that money market funds had actually dipped below their customary $1.00 level - that's when I was, for the first time, truly scared. Most people don't know about that moment.

Well yes, the market did roughly double under Obama. One good benchmark I like to use is VFINX, which is Vanguard's flagship S&P 500 index fund. On March 2, 2009, this fund closed at $63.26. As of this morning, it is at $129.78. Does that help?

Does that account for inflation? It doesn't have to, nor is GDP growth vs. inflation a metric that is used with any regularity. Well, other than for political spin. But most importantly, this economy was in a shambles on January 1, 2009, the day Obama took office, and that fact can never, ever be spun away.

This is closer to being correct; but anyone who understands the depth, breadth and nature of this meltdown understands why this recovery is taking so long. While I very much dislike seeing government jobs growing like that, it was better than no growth at all, and I know that this growth has already been reversed.

Pretending that this economic meltdown was just another recession has to be intellectually dishonest, because there is far too much information and proof out there for someone who is paying attention not to know about it. People who are pretending this was just another blip know better, and it's abundantly clear they're just playing politics.

And we're not out of the woods yet. Not even close.

And by the way, off my main topic, had Bush been the one to kill bin Laden (and he wasn't), the GOP would STILL be crowing from the mountaintops about it. And I think everyone knows that.

Well said. The ironic thing about the Great Recession is that Bush bit the bullet and did the massively unpopular TARP, which probably saved the economy. And Obama had the intelligence not to screw with it. And pretty much the great GOP Heresy is supporting TARP, to the point where Romney wouldn't want to be caught having a drink with it.

(Seriously, TARP, RomneyCare, Gay Marriage. Romney has a lot of skeletons in his closet.)

Problem is Romney also created a lot of jobs and saved a lot of companies from going completely under, but the left will try to ignore or water that down. Unfortunately for the left those that work for the companies Romney saved know different.

HOrseshit.

Frankly, Romney replaced good paying union jobs at AmPad and DDi with crappy McJobs at Staples and Dominos. Pretty much everything that is WRONG with our economy in the last 20 years.

Not only is it NOT good for the country or the economy, but it creates EXACTLY the kind of government dependency that Republicans say they are against.

if you have that crappy job at staples, which pays maybe $12.00 an hour in a good market, you are going to need food stamps to put food on the table, Section 8 to put a roof over your head, and MedicAid to see a doctor... Which means you are going to want More Government, not less.

And what companies would those be?

He will -- without question -- and with just a couple of exceptions -- run the fuck away from his record.

Yup. I think your 100% right on that one.

I'm sure, however, that whoever gets the nom for the GOP will be reminding all the voters out there all about Barry's record.

Loads of ammunition and I'm thinkin it will get used big time.

Forum List

Back