Can Minorities Survive Liberal Help?

Clementine

Platinum Member
Dec 18, 2011
Fair question considering the real problems began when the liberals in government started "helping" them. Aside from breaking up minority families and turning them into government dependents, the rhetoric from the left keeps people angry and divided.

Sheriff Clarke: Black Americans Are Being 'Hoodwinked' by Democrats

Milwaukee County Sheriff David Clarke joined Judge Jeanine Pirro on "Justice" last night to share his thoughts on how progressive policies have helped fuel inner-city violence.

"Milwaukee is under control by these progressive, liberal Democrats," Sheriff Clarke said. "Their failed urban policies have wrecked the city of Milwaukee, the city that I grew up in, the city that I was raised in and have been a part [of] my whole life."

He pointed to a loss of jobs, a failing education system and an increase in the number of dysfunctional families, all of which he said have been "exacerbated under this progressive idea of how to run cities.

Sheriff Clarke said it's not just Milwaukee either. St. Louis, Baltimore, Chicago and many other urban cities are "on the brink."

"Black people are resilient. We've overcome slavery, we've overcome Jim Crow. We have not been able to overcome modern liberalism and the progressive, liberal movement," Sheriff Clarke said. "That's been a stifling thing for us. We have not figured that out."

He said that will come when African Americans are made to stand up on their own and figure things out without relying on the government for help.

"They are being hoodwinked by the Democrat Party."

http://insider.foxnews.com/2016/08/21/sheriff-clarke-judge-jeanine-lack-americans-are-being-hoodwinked-democrats

Fair question considering the real problems began when the liberals in government started "helping" them. Aside from breaking up minority families and turning them into government dependents, the rhetoric from the left keeps people angry and divided.

Milwaukee County Sheriff David Clarke joined Judge Jeanine Pirro on "Justice" last night to share his thoughts on how progressive policies have helped fuel inner-city violence.

"Milwaukee is under control by these progressive, liberal Democrats," Sheriff Clarke said. "Their failed urban policies have wrecked the city of Milwaukee, the city that I grew up in, the city that I was raised in and have been a part [of] my whole life."

He pointed to a loss of jobs, a failing education system and an increase in the number of dysfunctional families, all of which he said have been "exacerbated under this progressive idea of how to run cities.

Sheriff Clarke said it's not just Milwaukee either. St. Louis, Baltimore, Chicago and many other urban cities are "on the brink."

"Black people are resilient. We've overcome slavery, we've overcome Jim Crow. We have not been able to overcome modern liberalism and the progressive, liberal movement," Sheriff Clarke said. "That's been a stifling thing for us. We have not figured that out."

He said that will come when African Americans are made to stand up on their own and figure things out without relying on the government for help.

http://insider.foxnews.com/2016/08/21/sheriff-clarke-judge-jeanine-lack-americans-are-being-hoodwinked-democrats

Sheriff Clarke is awesome.......

Minorities can survive under democrats...they just can't live real lives under democrats......they will be raised for votes, and then forgotten about till the next election.......

If we took Medicaid away from all black families currently using the program,

how soon would their lives get better?

Give us a timeline, and details as to how the improvement would occur.

You can't go cold turkey.....too much pain...but you can change the system to something that actually works and doesn't create serfs for the democrat racists....

You can't go cold turkey.....too much pain...but you can change the system to something that actually works and doesn't create serfs for the democrat racists....

Really? You can magically make healthcare affordable to the poor and low income Americans WITHOUT some sort of government run redistribution of wealth?

Show us how.

Seems the sheriff didn't let being black or having welfare available stop him from being more than a democratic party hoodwinked person..
So is it really the fault of welfare or just plain old lazy people not wanting to be responsible for themselves?

Be sure to let the sheriff know that there is no such thing as the democrat party..

Last edited:
Last I checked it was Democrats who bailed out the auto industry. Last I checked a high percentage of autoworkers are black.

Wingnuts today still rant that they should have gone bankrupt.

I admit

Welfare by itself suck.

Where is the job training or work that should accompany it? Don't think you have done enough by putting a check in their hands. Push them back into the workforce before they fall deeper into depression and give up.

I admit

Welfare by itself suck.

Where is the job training or work that should accompany it? Don't think you have done enough by putting a check in their hands. Push them back into the workforce before they fall deeper into depression and give up.

Welfare is most often a bridge to help individuals or families survive financial crisis. It's something every developed country has.

I admit

Welfare by itself suck.

Welfare is most often a bridge to help individuals or families survive financial crisis. It's something every developed country has.

Yes. It is a safety net.

Now, where is the ladder so people can climb out?
Look, I am not in agreement with the rw when they claim it is destroying families. In fact, I think families would dissolve faster if there were no assistance.

Think about it. What would happen to a family if they had no assistance. Not only will the parents break up, but they will have to give up the kids because there is no way to feed them. A new problem, displaced children, would become a national issue.

But rw think families will come back together if their financial situation worsen. That makes no sense!

Last I checked it was Democrats who bailed out the auto industry. Last I checked a high percentage of autoworkers are black.

So now you support the government bailing out millionaires?

I admit

Welfare by itself suck.

Yes. It is a safety net.

Now, where is the ladder so people can climb out?
Look, I am not in agreement with the rw when they claim it is destroying families. In fact, I think families would dissolve faster if there were no assistance.

Think about it. What would happen to a family if they had no assistance. Not only will the parents break up, but they will have to give up the kids because there is no way to feed them. A new problem, displaced children, would become a national issue.

But rw think families will come back together if their financial situation worsen. That makes no sense!

I agree, in some circumstances job training, affordable education and other measures are beneficial. I don't know any liberals who would be against such a thing. I just don't believe that is always the case.

I think in some cases, job training isn't going to help, it's just literally not going to lead anywhere. I'd like to see employers who pay their employees so little who use welfare actually pay for it themselves. Why should I have to subsidize Walmart or McDonalds? Raise the minimum wage to a livable wage. And yes, provide job training when it's conceivable and ultimately matched to that person's skillset and benefits our country. Train those laid off in manufacturing industries to build solar panels and other green energy. And yes, create demand through the federal government spending billions to reinvest and rebuild our energy grid to be more efficient and utilize renewable energy sources.

It's not that I'm concerned about millionaires, the auto bailout kept middle class jobs in this country. Goal met.

It's not that I'm concerned about millionaires, the auto bailout kept middle class jobs in this country. Goal met.

As did the bank bail outs

Funny, I didn't mention the bank bailouts, why did you?

I'm curious if you are supportive of them as you are the auto bail outs

I'm curious if you are supportive of them as you are the auto bail outs

OK, because the reason I ask is that I brought up the auto bailout due to the topic of this thread, in reply to the title "Can Minorities Survive Liberal Help?". The auto bailout was a direct help to many minorities. Just want to get that out of the way.

To answer your side-bar off topic question. Yes, I was for the bank bailout because the alternative was not acceptable and at the time we needed to just right the ship. I'm not in favor of penalizing or aiding millionaires just for the sake of it.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back