Can Gun Nuts Please Stop Saying You Need Guns to Protect Yourself From A Potential Tyrannical Government!!!

True.

The Red Dawn fantasy is just that – a fantasy.

Moreover, there’s nothing in the history, text, or case law of the Second Amendment that authorizes insurrectionist dogma.

And Ukrainian soldiers have complained that the last thing they need are small arms, which are useless fighting against the invading Russians; they need rockets, missiles, and heavy artillery.

Right, I mean the Taliban was totally crushed in minutes.

Oh wait.

Fucking Saul, dumb as a post...

I, for one, have never stated why I may or may not own guns, or any weapons, traps, body armour, razor wire.
I never will
Then He said to them, “But now, he who has a money bag, let him take it, and likewise a knapsack; and he who has no sword, let him sell his garment and buy one. For I say to you that this which is written must still be accomplished in Me: ‘And He was numbered with the transgressors.’ For the things concerning Me have an end.” So they said, “Lord, look, here are two swords.” And He said to them, “It is enough.”

— Gospel of Luke 22:36-38, NKJV

True.

The Red Dawn fantasy is just that – a fantasy.

Moreover, there’s nothing in the history, text, or case law of the Second Amendment that authorizes insurrectionist dogma.

And Ukrainian soldiers have complained that the last thing they need are small arms, which are useless fighting against the invading Russians; they need rockets, missiles, and heavy artillery.
Did you miss 7-4-1776 somehow? It’s not about government permission you moron.

It makes you sound mentally challenged.

Having guns is not going to protect you from the police or military. With normal police equipment, SWAT teams, police tactics and fire power etc, they can easily neutralize any armed threat or movement. They wouldn't even break a sweat. Not to mention, police surveillance tactics will make it impossible for an anti-government group to organize a big enough threat to the regime. You don't have a chance. And that is only the police. Your little AR-15 isn't going to do anything to a drone, tank, apache helicopter, fighter jet or combat unit (much less special forces). There is a reason you have not seen a people's uprising to over-throw a government even in Africa in decade. And really only Sudan has been overthrown by a military coup.

No, the only reason you want certain guns (such as a AR-15) is because you like to have them.

It is true the vast majority of gun owners are responsible and good people, including AR-15 owners. But that 1% or 0.05% that are not responsible can cause havoc, as we just saw in Highland park (an event I was on my way to attend and an event to which I know many people that were directly effected).

If you want to hunt, then a single shot hunting rifle will suffice. If it is about home defense, then handguns and shotguns (which as both short-range) would be sufficient.

There are many things that can be done, such as arm teachers, have cops in schools, secure soft targets, better mental health facilities, red flag rules and immunity for snitching, involuntary institutionalization, high standards for gun ownership, higher and minimum sentences for illegal gun possession, Federal no buy lists, vicarious liability for guns for the gun owner etc., but stop with the argument that you need guns for tyrannical governments! Because it is foolish.

There should be a ban on all guns other then single shot hunting rifles, handguns and shotguns.

Now I know handguns are by far the weapon of choice in the vast number of homicides, but so called "assault rifles" (yes I know that is a term the liberals made up) it by far a more sufficient weapon to commit mass murder then a handgun, even if they are semi-automatic (vs full).

Keep sticking to these stances that turn off the moderates (e.g. ban on abortion and do nothing on guns) and then cry about how Demorats can win with gas over $5-6, out of control inflation, major blunders in foreign policy and everyone hating woke politics. If the Demorats keep the House and pick up senate seats you are going to see the most radical changes to this country that we haver ever seen.
You put a whole lot of thought words into that pointless post.

Last edited:
$450.00 OTD.....It was unfired.....A couple weeks ago I passed on a lightly used Beretta 92FS they had there....Glad I did. ;)

I already have a surplus Beretta 92S that I got off a guy that worked for Beretta in MD and had it refinished there. It's a joy to shoot despite the mag release location. Next to my Eastern Block era CZ-75 it's my favorite full sized 9mm. Smooth as silk.

View attachment 667893
Wait, you're the second person I've seen here talking about "unfired" guns being more valuable -----------------------

Is this like unopened First Editions? Or more for the 21th Century, action figures or video games still in the package? More resale value if never used?

Hmmmmmmmm, I generally suppose things are for using. The idea of keeping wine around 200 years without opening it ---- something is wrong there.

Yeah, your probably right. I have 280 acres and there is just no way to inventory everything that might be or isn't out there.
Boy, that's the truth. The stuff out there on the land ---- you just don't want to know. The Night of the Bear was the one that went over the top.

It makes you sound mentally challenged.

Having guns is not going to protect you from the police or military. With normal police equipment, SWAT teams, police tactics and fire power etc, they can easily neutralize any armed threat or movement. They wouldn't even break a sweat. Not to mention, police surveillance tactics will make it impossible for an anti-government group to organize a big enough threat to the regime. You don't have a chance. And that is only the police. Your little AR-15 isn't going to do anything to a drone, tank, apache helicopter, fighter jet or combat unit (much less special forces). There is a reason you have not seen a people's uprising to over-throw a government even in Africa in decade. And really only Sudan has been overthrown by a military coup.

No, the only reason you want certain guns (such as a AR-15) is because you like to have them.

It is true the vast majority of gun owners are responsible and good people, including AR-15 owners. But that 1% or 0.05% that are not responsible can cause havoc, as we just saw in Highland park (an event I was on my way to attend and an event to which I know many people that were directly effected).

If you want to hunt, then a single shot hunting rifle will suffice. If it is about home defense, then handguns and shotguns (which as both short-range) would be sufficient.

There are many things that can be done, such as arm teachers, have cops in schools, secure soft targets, better mental health facilities, red flag rules and immunity for snitching, involuntary institutionalization, high standards for gun ownership, higher and minimum sentences for illegal gun possession, Federal no buy lists, vicarious liability for guns for the gun owner etc., but stop with the argument that you need guns for tyrannical governments! Because it is foolish.

There should be a ban on all guns other then single shot hunting rifles, handguns and shotguns.

Now I know handguns are by far the weapon of choice in the vast number of homicides, but so called "assault rifles" (yes I know that is a term the liberals made up) it by far a more sufficient weapon to commit mass murder then a handgun, even if they are semi-automatic (vs full).

Keep sticking to these stances that turn off the moderates (e.g. ban on abortion and do nothing on guns) and then cry about how Demorats can win with gas over $5-6, out of control inflation, major blunders in foreign policy and everyone hating woke politics. If the Demorats keep the House and pick up senate seats you are going to see the most radical changes to this country that we haver ever seen.
In all these other countries where the populace isn’t allowed to own guns the government does what they want. You as a Jew should understand the importance of gun rights related to governments.

These people are terrified. They've always been paranoid about the government, but now they're also afraid that the Chinese tanks will be rolling down Main Street any moment. They think we live in tyranny. This is what their media has done to them.

Imagine going through life like that.
Meanwhile you dark half-breeds always think Father Government has your best interest in mind….ask all your dark ancestors in dark nations how that worked out for them?

Oh, I could never be as smart and accurately-informed as you.

Stop being a putz.

Freedom means vigilance.

I don't worry (much) about "our" government, until lately. This business of having mayors allow leftist terrorists to burn and loot will not stand.

My weapons are for defense. Which right now means screaming lefties with a stick up their butt.

However if our government ends up supporting and promoting that kind of thing, then I will surely stand against it. And them. In every way that matters.

Meanwhile you dark half-breeds always think Father Government has your best interest in mind….ask all your dark ancestors in dark nations how that worked out for them?
It's actually us white folks who are getting most of the bailout money. We get government-backed loans, contracts, facilities, tax cuts..etc. So what are you talking about? We exploit and enslave people to serve our lusts and fill our stomachs. Those black folks worked hard in those plantations. It was the sweat and blood of slaves that built America. Even the white house was built by blacks. Go get an education, Bubba.

Right, I mean the Taliban was totally crushed in minutes.

Oh wait.

Fucking Saul, dumb as a post...
The problem is that conservatives make the mistake of believing that they must somehow ‘justify’ possessing an AR 15 to stave-off calls that the weapon be ‘banned’ – which is ridiculous.

Consequently, conservatives lie about ‘needing’ AR 15s for ‘self-defense’ or opposing ‘government tyranny.’

Citizens aren’t required to ‘justify’ exercising a fundamental right as a ‘prerequisite’ to indeed do so.

Rightists need to stop with the stupid lies and simply state that they want an AR 15 for no other reason than they want one.

The problem is that conservatives make the mistake of believing that they must somehow ‘justify’ possessing an AR 15 to stave-off calls that the weapon be ‘banned’ – which is ridiculous.

Consequently, conservatives lie about ‘needing’ AR 15s for ‘self-defense’ or opposing ‘government tyranny.’

Citizens aren’t required to ‘justify’ exercising a fundamental right as a ‘prerequisite’ to indeed do so.

Rightists need to stop with the stupid lies and simply state that they want an AR 15 for no other reason than they want one.

Many Americans want firearms to defend themselves against street thugs, violent criminals, and yes, government tyranny as well.

Forum List

Back