Can good overcome evil?

Our natural state is selfish.
We are born that way.

Even when we are good, it's because it makes us feel good ultimately.

We remember the BAD more than the GOOD, why is that?
We take good service for granted, but always remember the BAD service.

To me, that show BAD/EVIL to have a stronger hold on our minds.

Our natural state is selfish.
We are born that way.

Even when we are good, it's because it makes us feel good ultimately.

We remember the BAD more than the GOOD, why is that?
We take good service for granted, but always remember the BAD service.

To me, that show BAD/EVIL to have a stronger hold on our minds.
I disagree that we are born selfish.

There is a reason we remember bad more than good. It's basic fight or flight brain chemistry. We can instill positive emotions as well but we have to take more time with it.

When a baby is born it is selfish.
It is TAUGHT to have concern for others, that is not natural.
Even in some mothers maternal instinct is not natural.

I think we DESIRE to be good, and to have others be good to us.
We all have a "hole" in us that needs to be filled, and we are constantly seeking it.

What do you think that is?

In the end, the END end, Good will win.

It is not winning now.

In the end, the END end, Good will win.

It is not winning now.
I think it's winning now, but we don't pay attention to it. Our news for example. All bad all the time.

I think we DESIRE to be good, and to have others be good to us.
We all have a "hole" in us that needs to be filled, and we are constantly seeking it.

What do you think that is?
I'm not sure I'd agree that we all have a hole in us that needs to be filled. I think adults who as children were not cared for properly may have such a hole, or well of need. Those who have that cover it up in many ways.

Some with "self-sufficiency". They don't think they "need" anyone because they can't accept neediness in themselves.

the goal is purity, the apex of knowledge can not be accomplished without it and without accomplishing both remission to the Everlasting is not possible.

Good versus evil is mostly a false dichotomy. Matters are rarely so black and white.

the goal is purity, the apex of knowledge can not be accomplished without it and without accomplishing both remission to the Everlasting is not possible.

Purity is essence nature itself.

IMG_4353.JPG

Good versus evil is mostly a false dichotomy. Matters are rarely so black and white.

Not to mention that many people call that which is evil good and that which is good evil.
True. The death penalty is an example. Calling state sponsored murder good, but non state sponsored murder bad.

Agreed, and to make matters worse, in scripture which is the basis for our legalistic understanding of the subject of murder, life and death is not about biological life or biological death and neither is the command to not murder about killing the body.

When Jesus said that Satan was a murderer from the beginning he was referring to the talking serpent who deceived Adam and Eve to defy the command of God, which caused their death and condemned them to live out the rest of their physical lives in confusion and fruitless labor, making the purpose for life in this world, enlightenment, impossible to be fulfilled in them.

I think the second world war was an example of good conquering evil. But the sacrifice was great. It seems the divine plan is not concerned that we suffer, because playing us off against one another in things like wars, is the way we evolve. It forces growth of character, and courage.
The same thing is happening in nature as predators pursue pray. The struggle forces both of them to evolve.
Individuals die but the species grows stronger.

This world is a meeting ground for the spiritually evolved and the unevolved to meet and interact. In the spirit world we are separated into different realms that suit our development.
Another word for evil is ignorant. If you take the longer view suffering and death do not matter, not if our soul is an eternal traveller through countless lives.

The spirits teach that all souls will ultimately be redeemed through karma and reincarnation. So good will finally triumph over the illusion of evil.

Forum List

Back