Can anyone really argue Gary Johnson is not the best candidate on the ballot?

Lots. Smaller government, more Liberty, more power to local governments and less to the federal government, balanced budget, cuts in spending, adherence to the Constitution, and more. I know that Johnson himself has waffled on some of this but he's more conservative than either of the two mainstream candidates.

Neither Johnson nor Mr Weld believe in those things. Look at their records. DEEDS speak far louder than words, Sir.

As I said, they waffled on some of this to get votes, which is why they lost my vote, but you are wrong, Johnson's record shows that he used to believe in those things.

He still does.

Not entirely, according to what he is now saying and supports.

Such as?

Anarchy does not make much sense and is really not very realistic if you delve below the surface into the consequences.

The consequences are in your head. Most likely put there through popularized and prevalent misconceptions.

The consequences of the state are verifiable and evident. Destructive wars, human degradation, environmental damage, and civil chaos.

And the same except worse would happen if there was NO government and we had to rely on the "goodness" of others. Don't be silly.

Lots. Smaller government, more Liberty, more power to local governments and less to the federal government, balanced budget, cuts in spending, adherence to the Constitution, and more. I know that Johnson himself has waffled on some of this but he's more conservative than either of the two mainstream candidates.

Neither Johnson nor Mr Weld believe in those things. Look at their records. DEEDS speak far louder than words, Sir.

As I said, they waffled on some of this to get votes, which is why they lost my vote, but you are wrong, Johnson's record shows that he used to believe in those things.

He still does.

Not entirely, according to what he is now saying and supports.

Such as?

Support of the TPP, open borders/ amnesty, opposition to the 2nd Amendment just off the top of my head. How do you not already know this stuff?

And the same except worse would happen if there was NO government and we had to rely on the "goodness" of others. Don't be silly.
Because relying on the goodness of politicians and bureaucrats has such a sparkling track record.

I cannot even really believe that people would consider anarchy a valid . . . anything!
Anarchists cannot really believe that people still support systems that have been responsible for so much human misery.

I imagine Stockholm syndrome is about as logical a reason that can be come up with.

Take a look at Somalia for goodness sake.

Somalia is the byproduct of three statist wars, two civil wars between statist factions, various Islamic statist groups, and an abusive and corrupt government.

In other words, an anocracy.

I do not rely on the goodness of others.

Most of anarchist philosophy is just supporting self reliance and self sufficiency.

Those who abuse an honest society need to be buried.

I cannot even really believe that people would consider anarchy a valid . . . anything!
Anarchists cannot really believe that people still support systems that have been responsible for so much human misery.

I imagine Stockholm syndrome is about as logical a reason that can be come up with.

Spot on.

I cannot believe we are forced to debate something so goddamn simple minded.

an·ar·chy
ˈanərkē/
noun
  1. a state of disorder due to absence or nonrecognition of authority.
    "he must ensure public order in a country threatened with anarchy"
    synonyms: lawlessness, nihilism, mobocracy, revolution, insurrection, disorder, chaos, mayhem,tumult, turmoil
    "conditions are dangerously ripe for anarchy"
    • absence of government and absolute freedom of the individual, regarded as a political ideal.

Spot on.

I cannot believe we are forced to debate something so goddamn simple minded.

Human beings are social creatures. Inevitably, when people gather in numbers, some sort of social structure forms. Government of some sort is probably an unavoidable by-product of enough people living in close distance of each other, without even taking into account things like greed, desire for power over others, or a need to impose order on the world.

Forum List

Back