Can a orthodox or catholic be a born again Christian?

I think they can if they have a personal relationship with christ and are born out of water and spirit. I have friends who are in free church and they told me a Catholic can be a christian if he has a personal relationship with christ. But not all catholics are christians. And we talked about the Pope and my friend said he is not sure if he is a christian I mean the Pope but that a Catholic can be christian.

Morti, there are several similarities between Islam and Catholicism. They are both tribalistic and violent. The Catholics persecuted people for not being Catholic for centuries. Islam does the same thing. The Catholics have a history of rounded up people and butchered them alive, burning people alive and the mass hanging of people for not being Catholic. ISIS does the same sort of ultra violent crimes against humanity. The European Catholics are obsessed with hating Jews. In America the Catholics are obsessed with hating the Evangelicals.(tribalism) During WWII the Catholics rounded up the Orthodox Christians and mass murdered them. The Nazi Party's genocidal hatred of Jews came right out of the Catholic Church's centuries of anti-Semitic teachings. The Mexican Catholics persecuted Texans for not being Catholic and that was what caused the Texas revolution. Thankfully today's Catholics are no long violent bigots, but they are still very tribalistic. They want the whole world to be Catholic in the similar way that the Muslims want the whole world to be Muslim. BTW, I am not a Christian.

Aren't the evangelicals "tribalistic"? They want the whole country and the whole world to be evangelicals. They are playing the same game.

Re all the alleged 'violence', I always have to ask 'Compared to who and what?' Anybody who thinks pagans were peaceful and nonviolent id truly ignorant; they were far more violent. Christians were relatively peaceful, and Blaming 'Christianity' for the political violence of pagan feudal lords is dishonest, even re Catholics, many of whose Popes were secular feudal lords themselves, see the Medici and Borgia's family clan wars and Popes, while many of the sects were not in the least violent or murdering anybody. A lot of the 'Church history' is a load of bullshit, old ridiculous Protestant propaganda from the Reformation, and vice versa. The so called 'Religious wars', like the 30 Years War, weren't 'religious' at all, just the Hapsburgs Versus Everybody Else, else why would we find Catholic France and Cardinal Richelieu on the side of the Protestants against both Spain and Austria, for instance?

I think they can if they have a personal relationship with christ and are born out of water and spirit. I have friends who are in free church and they told me a Catholic can be a christian if he has a personal relationship with christ. But not all catholics are christians. And we talked about the Pope and my friend said he is not sure if he is a christian I mean the Pope but that a Catholic can be christian.

Morti, there are several similarities between Islam and Catholicism. They are both tribalistic and violent. The Catholics persecuted people for not being Catholic for centuries. Islam does the same thing. The Catholics have a history of rounded up people and butchered them alive, burning people alive and the mass hanging of people for not being Catholic. ISIS does the same sort of ultra violent crimes against humanity. The European Catholics are obsessed with hating Jews. In America the Catholics are obsessed with hating the Evangelicals.(tribalism) During WWII the Catholics rounded up the Orthodox Christians and mass murdered them. The Nazi Party's genocidal hatred of Jews came right out of the Catholic Church's centuries of anti-Semitic teachings. The Mexican Catholics persecuted Texans for not being Catholic and that was what caused the Texas revolution. Thankfully today's Catholics are no long violent bigots, but they are still very tribalistic. They want the whole world to be Catholic in the similar way that the Muslims want the whole world to be Muslim. BTW, I am not a Christian.

Aren't the evangelicals "tribalistic"? They want the whole country and the whole world to be evangelicals. They are playing the same game.

Yes, that's why every Wednesday and Sunday churches services are always followed by mass murders and mob violence. You really nailed it here.

Yes, that's why every Wednesday and Sunday churches services are always followed by mass murders and mob violence. You really nailed it here.

Which means what? we've seen bimbos like graham and robertson and swaggart and focus on the family strutting around.

Morti, there are several similarities between Islam and Catholicism. They are both tribalistic and violent. The Catholics persecuted people for not being Catholic for centuries. Islam does the same thing. The Catholics have a history of rounded up people and butchered them alive, burning people alive and the mass hanging of people for not being Catholic. ISIS does the same sort of ultra violent crimes against humanity. The European Catholics are obsessed with hating Jews. In America the Catholics are obsessed with hating the Evangelicals.(tribalism) During WWII the Catholics rounded up the Orthodox Christians and mass murdered them. The Nazi Party's genocidal hatred of Jews came right out of the Catholic Church's centuries of anti-Semitic teachings. The Mexican Catholics persecuted Texans for not being Catholic and that was what caused the Texas revolution. Thankfully today's Catholics are no longer violent bigots, but they are still very tribalistic. They want the whole world to be Catholic in the similar way that the Muslims want the whole world to be Muslim. BTW, I am not a Christian.

What is tragic is when people look at that horrible history of the Catholic Church and conflate it with actual Christianity, which is basically the exact opposite. Love your neighbor, love even your enemies. Be at peace with others. Blessed are the meek, the merciful and pure of heart... Do unto others as you would have them do unto you. etc. etc.

Thankfully, wise people understand the difference between mere religion and God/truth, but unfortunately many people don’t (and often those people end up becoming bitter atheists.)

Last edited:

Morti, there are several similarities between Islam and Catholicism. They are both tribalistic and violent. The Catholics persecuted people for not being Catholic for centuries. Islam does the same thing. The Catholics have a history of rounded up people and butchered them alive, burning people alive and the mass hanging of people for not being Catholic. ISIS does the same sort of ultra violent crimes against humanity. The European Catholics are obsessed with hating Jews. In America the Catholics are obsessed with hating the Evangelicals.(tribalism) During WWII the Catholics rounded up the Orthodox Christians and mass murdered them. The Nazi Party's genocidal hatred of Jews came right out of the Catholic Church's centuries of anti-Semitic teachings. The Mexican Catholics persecuted Texans for not being Catholic and that was what caused the Texas revolution. Thankfully today's Catholics are no longer violent bigots, but they are still very tribalistic. They want the whole world to be Catholic in the similar way that the Muslims want the whole world to be Muslim. BTW, I am not a Christian.

What is tragic is when people look at that horrible history of the Catholic Church and conflate it with actual Christianity, which is basically the exact opposite. Love your neighbor, love even your enemies. Be at peace with others. Blessed are the meek, the merciful and pure of heart... Do unto others as you would have them do unto you. etc. etc.

Thankfully, wise people understand the difference between mere religion and God/truth, but unfortunately many people don’t (and often those people end up becoming bitter atheists.)

Catholicism is the only TRUE Christian faith

Unless you are baptized Catholic, you will not get into heaven
Lucky for me, I was baptized

I actually did laugh out loud at that. I know you’re trollin, but for anyone reading who might actually believe your words, getting sprinkled on the forehead as a infant, when you had zero idea what was going on, is not going to get you into heaven.

Religion is not going to get you to heaven, going to church is not going to get you to heaven, even being a “good person” is not going to get you to heaven.

You have to be born spiritually. There are two births, a physical birth and a spiritual birth. If all you had was the physical birth, you are still in your natural, unregenerate state. Once you become born again, you literally become a new creation. If you would’ve seen me in my 20s, I was an entirely different person… My life was entirely different. My life radically changed, and my only regret was that it didn’t happen sooner. Jesus is the way, and having been on both sides, I can truly say that belonging to God and doing things God‘s way is infinitely better than doing things the world’s way. :)

ETA: Just curious, are you an atheist?

Last edited:

You’re kidding, right?

There are three possible states; you can be moving towards God, you can be moving away from God or you can be static. And at any point you can change from one state to another.

It’s a journey.

I actually did laugh out loud at that. I know you’re trollin, but for anyone reading who might actually believe your words, getting sprinkled on the forehead as a infant, when you had zero idea what was going on, is not going to get you into heaven.

Religion is not going to get you to heaven, going to church is not going to get you to heaven, even being a “good person” is not going to get you to heaven.

You have to be born spiritually. There are two births, a physical birth and a spiritual birth. If all you had was the physical birth, you are still in your natural, unregenerate state. Once you become born again, you literally become a new creation. If you would’ve seen me in my 20s, I was an entirely different person… My life was entirely different. My life radically changed, and my only regret was that it didn’t happen sooner. Jesus is the way, and having been on both sides, I can truly say that belonging to God and doing things God‘s way is infinitely better than doing things the world’s way. :)

I don’t believe you have a balanced view of Catholics and Catholicism.

My mom is Catholic, and I was raised going to Catholic church. I went through all of it, first communion, confirmation, etc. What do you think I have wrong about Catholicism?

My mom is Catholic, and I was raised going to Catholic church. I went through all of it, first communion, confirmation, etc. What do you think I have wrong about Catholicism?
That you only see the bad that you perceive.

That you only see the bad that you perceive.

No, I don’t only see the bad. But I do have pretty strong views on this. The thing is, this is a very controversial and touchy subject… so even though at times I feel like being much more straightforward and blunt, I try to be careful with my words. I have to get going right now, but maybe I’ll come back later to elaborate on that.

I was raised Catholic

We were taught that if you were not baptized Catholic, you still have original sin

Looks like you are not getting into heaven
Seems you backed the wrong religion

Forum List

Back