Cambodian police block Farrow’s Darfur rally

Gunny

Gold Member
Dec 27, 2004
The Republic of Texas
Reuters
updated 2:15 a.m. CT, Sun., Jan. 20, 2008

PHNOM PENH - Cambodian police barred Hollywood actress Mia Farrow and other activists from laying flowers at a "Killing Fields" museum on Sunday, as part of a campaign to end atrocities in Sudan's Darfur.

Some 100 baton-wielding police blocked Farrow, who fronts the Dream for Darfur pressure group, and her fellow activists from entering the compound at Tuol Sleng, the Phnom Penh high school that became Pol Pot's main torture center.

"Darfur has nothing to do with Cambodia. Go protest in Darfur," Phnom Penh police chief Touch Naruth told reporters after the brief stand-off ended without incident.

more ... http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22749900/

Have to say I agree with the police chief on this one. Seems to that if I was of a mind to protest the genocide in Darfur, outside the front door of the UN might be a more appropriate place. If they REALLY has some balls, Khartoum might be a good bet.

But Cambodia?:cuckoo:

Have to say I agree with the police chief on this one. Seems to that if I was of a mind to protest the genocide in Darfur, outside the front door of the UN might be a more appropriate place. If they REALLY has some balls, Khartoum might be a good bet.

But Cambodia?:cuckoo:

Maybe because the Cambodian Govt (read "regime") is backed by China?

Hell , yeah..Going to Khartoum and protesting against the atrocities in Darfur would really require balls.

Forum List

Back