'Calypso' Franklin (Roosevelt)

PoliticalChic

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
1. I don't know which of the following is more apt when one reveals truths about Franklin Delano Roosevelt....you choose:

a. " And if I laugh at any mortal thing, 'T is that Imay not weep; and if Iweep,"

Lord Byron

or this....

b. Sacred Cows make the best hamburger.

2. Franklin Roosevelt, the man who altered the relationship between the people and their government, and not for the better, had several interesting ties to the Caribbean.

First, did you know that he wrote the Constitution of Haiti?

a. "While campaigning for vice president in 1920, Franklin D. Roosevelt, who had served as assistant secretary of the Navy in the Wilson Administration, later boasted, "I wrote Haiti's Constitution myself, and if I do say it, it was a pretty good little Constitution."
Digital History

b. " The Assistant Secretary of the Navy at the time, a young Franklin D. Roosevelt, took credit for writing Haiti’s constitution, which gave preference to American corporations to buy and own Haiti’s land, as well as saying he had been “running several Caribbean republics.”[7] Later, in 1928, four years following the end of the American occupation of the Dominican Republic, Franklin Roosevelt stated, “We accomplished an excellent piece of constructive work, and the world ought to thank us.”[8] Franklin Roosevelt, long hailed as one of the greatest American Presidents in history, once referred to Latin Americans, saying, “You have to treat them like children.”[9]" Punishing the Population The American Occupations of Haiti and the Dominican Republic Andrew Gavin Marshall

Aside from the inherent racism in “You have to treat them like children,” dang....he must be one smart dude, huh?

So saith the LATimes, too.....

c. "The Americans who landed in 1915 ended up staying 19 years and ruling Haiti by means of a military government. In the provinces, Marine Corps commanders served as administrators. In the capital, the legislature was dissolved after its members declined to adopt a constitution reportedly written by Franklin D. Roosevelt, then assistant secretary of the Navy" Los Angeles Times in its March 4, 2004 account of the history of Haiti History News Network FDR Did Not Write the Constitution for Haiti

Wait.....did you notice the subtle change.....from "I wrote Haiti's Constitution myself,..." to " ...a constitution reportedly written by Franklin D. Roosevelt..."

So....did Calypso Franklin write the constitution of Haiti or not????

Liberals may not want to....but inquiring minds want to know!

3. "But did Franklin Roosevelt, then assistant secretary of the navy, write the constitution we imposed on Haiti? FDR himself claimed he did in a speech during the 1920 presidential election when he was running for vice president. It wasn't true. He lied.

But the myth endures and continues to trip up the unknowing.

FDR didn't write that constitution. Check any FDR biography. His false claims about Haiti are always used to demonstrate his extraordinary capacity for prevarication." History News Network FDR Did Not Write the Constitution for Haiti

Keep this phrase in mind:

".... his extraordinary capacity for prevarication."

Wanna make fun of FDR and ya don't use how his mother dressed him up like a girl to about age 5 or 6 isn't how you do it? :)

393739793_PinkandBlue_FranklinRoosevelt_xlarge.jpeg

Wanna make fun of FDR and ya don't use how his mother dressed him up like a girl to about age 5 or 6 isn't how you do it? :)

There is no attempt to "make fun" of the dictator, Roosevelt, in this thread.

If you stay tuned, the point will be made, and made strongly, that Lord Byron corrected your misapprehension.

The OP set the tone, concluding with ".... his extraordinary capacity for prevarication."

Lest you misunderstand further....
  1. 'Prevarication is when someone tells a lie, especially in a sneaky way. A boy might use prevarication to avoid telling the whole truth about how the kitchen window got broken.'

She's just being a silly far right social reactionary with a love affair for the John Birch Society position.

She gives FDR far more opportunity than an asst secretary of the navy had during WWI.

Pleanty of dumb live white guys to worry about without going after long dead ones.

"White"?

Your bias, as well as your ignorance, is showing.

Can't see why anyone would rush in to, essentially, shout 'hey, don't post any of these facts!!!!!'

Why the fear?

If you stay tuned, the point will be made, and made strongly, that Lord Byron corrected your misapprehension.

The OP set the tone, concluding with ".... his extraordinary capacity for prevarication."

• 'Prevarication is when someone tells a lie, especially in a sneaky way. A boy might use prevarication to avoid telling the whole truth about how the kitchen window got broken.'

Any idiot stupid enough to think that FDR was a dictator is really more worth our pity than our scorn... I just cannot kick a mentally retarded person when she is down and out.

Would you like some nice green playdo to play with?

• 'Prevarication is when someone tells a lie, especially in a sneaky way. A boy might use prevarication to avoid telling the whole truth about how the kitchen window got broken.'

Any idiot stupid enough to think that FDR was a dictator is really more worth our pity than our scorn... I just cannot kick a mentally retarded person when she is down and out.

Would you like some nice green playdo to play with?

Time to put you in your place again?
Sure.

Dictator: A tyrant; a despot.

You must be so very proud: you've taken the Art of Clueless to an epic level, you creep.

1. In July 5, 1935, in a letter to Representative Samuel B. Hill of Washington, the President manifested his contempt for the Constitution. Hill was chairman of the subcommittee studying the Guffey-Vinson bill to regulate the coal industry: the purpose of the legislation was to re-establish, for the coal industry, the NRA code system which the Supreme Court had unanimously declared unconstitutional. Roosevelt wrote: "I hope your committee will not permit doubts as to constitutionality, however reasonable, to block the legislation."
Franklin D. Roosevelt Letter to Representative Samuel B. Hill on H.R. 8479.

a. This was the same Roosevelt who had sworn an oath on his 300 year old family Bible, to "preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States."
Chesly Manly, "The Twenty Year Revolution," p. 65.

2. In 1935, the Supreme Court upheld the New Deal repudiation of gold payments in government contracts and private contracts .... Justice McReynolds declared in a dissenting opinion that "the Constitution as we have known it is gone." The Brookshire Times from Brookshire Texas Page 2

FDR was no tyrant, was no dictator.

Anyone trying to make that case has swiss cheese for a brain.

FDR was no tyrant, was no dictator.

Anyone trying to make that case has swiss cheese for a brain.

So....you'd like to continue the regular pattern of me posting facts, and you whining 'is not, is not.....whaaaaaaa!'

One is left to assume that it is out of abject loneliness that forces you to constantly embarrass yourself.

The Constitution is, allegedly, 'the law of the land.'
It is correct to identify one who ignores and subverts the law of the land, a dictator,tyrant, despot.

Let me know if your require further remediation.

You post conclusions without objective evidence to support your points, PC. You have always done that, and that is why you have a fail record even worse than the rebel from NC.

So....Roosevelt lied about writing the constitution of Haiti.

Did he tell any more significant lies?

You betcha'!!

4. The basis of FDR's 1932 campaign to win the presidency from Herbert Hoover was his emphatic promise to the suffering American people, that he would balance the budget. Of course, he also promised that he would use the government to create jobs, and that they "had a right to a comfortable living."
FDR s Commonwealth Club Address

5.The part about balancing the budget had a certain resonance as President Harding had veered sharply away from federal spending and solved as big a recession in about one year. Certainly Franklin Roosevelt knew this, as he hammered away at Hoover's spending.

October 19, 1932, he nailed Hoover, observing that in recent years federal expenses had increased by $1 billion "and that I may add, is the most reckless and extravagant past that I have been able to discover in the statistical record of any peacetime Government anywhere, any time."
Franklin D. Roosevelt Campaign Address on the Federal Budget at Pittsburgh Pennsylvania

a. Roosevelt went further!
The cause: "It arises from one cause only and that is the unbalanced budget at he continued failure of this administration to take effective steps to balance it! If that budget had been fully and honestly balanced in 1930, some of the 1931 troubles would have been avoided. Even if it had been balanced in 1931, much of the extreme dip in 1932 would have been obviated. Every financial man in the country knows why this is true."
Franklin D. Roosevelt Campaign Address on the Federal Budget at Pittsburgh Pennsylvania

b. And this: "... carrying out the plain precept of our Party, which is to reduce the cost of current Federal Government operations by 25 percent."
Ibid.

c. .... he went on to vow that everyone he selects for his cabinet had to pledge absolute fealty to a balanced budget and a 25% across-the-board cut in government spending.

Yeah, boyyeeeee!

Democrat boilerplate:
"If you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor."

"My helicopter was shot down by Katyusha Rockets and ak47 fire!"

"I never had sex with that woman...Ms. Lewinsky."

"Sacred cows make the best hamburgers" I like that!

By the way D4E I have a picture of my Grandfather dressed similarly as a kid around 1918 or so. Was probably the fashion of the times.

Didn't seem to cause him any problems as he went on to fly B-24's over Nazi occupied Europe.

PC, you will probably have to define 'dictator' for these folks. They likely think a dictator is one who enslaves, murders, and imprisons all who he does not like.

Ops...FDR did imprison Japanese Americans.

Oh well...

Do we need any more evidence on FDR's impact on the world, on history, on the American people than FDR's impact on Chic? She doesn't seem to spend much time on presidents Buchanan or Arthur or even Lincoln but does devote time to FDR. That was one of the most important periods in American history and the more time she spends researching history tidbits on FDR the better for all. But all those bits on FDR are well known to historians and they still rate FDR....

Writing a constitution makes one a dictator?

And, no, the far right does not get to redefine words.

They are stuck with the traditional definitions as are all rational people.

Do we need any more evidence on FDR's impact on the world, on history, on the American people than FDR's impact on Chic? She doesn't seem to spend much time on presidents Buchanan or Arthur or even Lincoln but does devote time to FDR. That was one of the most important periods in American history and the more time she spends researching history tidbits on FDR the better for all. But all those bits on FDR are well known to historians and they still rate FDR....

"Do we need any more evidence on FDR's impact ....blah blah blah...."

Gee....you aren't one of those FDR-apologists who makes every attempt to shut off the truth about the guy......are you?

First of all......you've admitted that everything I've revealed is factual.
And, secondly......
...the best is yet to come.

Hold tight....and keep your hands inside the ride at all times.

Forum List

Back