Calling All Tech Nuts

Lewdog

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2016
Williamsburg, KY
I live downtown in an apartment and unfortunately I have to park my car in what is basically a city parking lot. Last week someone busted out my windshield and there is no security camera that the cops could look at and see who did it. So I bought a motion activated dash cam today, but I do not have anything for the back of my car. I do have a back up camera to install, but is there anything I can do with the back up camera to make it motion capture when the car is off rather than just coming on when the car is in reverse? I haven't bought the 7 inch radio to hook the back-up cam to, so if it requires a certain one of those to do what I need please let me know which I should get!

5813-1554932189-4bbdd2a03c4957712601b54a0abca69e.jpg

I live downtown in an apartment and unfortunately I have to park my car in what is basically a city parking lot. Last week someone busted out my windshield and there is no security camera that the cops could look at and see who did it. So I bought a motion activated dash cam today, but I do not have anything for the back of my car. I do have a back up camera to install, but is there anything I can do with the back up camera to make it motion capture when the car is off rather than just coming on when the car is in reverse? I haven't bought the 7 inch radio to hook the back-up cam to, so if it requires a certain one of those to do what I need please let me know which I should get!

get the same camera you have in the front and put it in the back,,,problem solved,,,

get the same camera you have in the front and put it in the back,,,problem solved,,,

I guess I could do that, but the problem is it requires a plug in for power and there is nothing like that for the back unless I was to somehow slice into the same wire I would be using for the backup cam.

I guess I could do that, but the problem is it requires a plug in for power and there is nothing like that for the back unless I was to somehow slice into the same wire I would be using for the backup cam.

just run a new one,,,not easy but doable,,,

Get a battery operated cam for the rear window...

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XZWHBJ4/?tag=ff0d01-20

A pair of testicles.

If you don't have anything to add, why post anything? Trolling in the garage area? :rolleyes:

Post up and watch your car all night, IF you have balls.

Apparently, someone doesn't like you.

It's a public lot next to the sidewalk and any random hoodlum could do it. I don't mess with anyone in my town, especially anything to the level of someone busting out my windshield.

If I posted threats to people I could understand why someone would do this, but I'm smart enough and level headed enough, not to do that. ;)

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XZWHBJ4?aaxitk=N9cOO5VII1RkuxwdtM2ZgQ&pd_rd_i=B06XZWHBJ4&pf_rd_p=e037c154-e093-48a4-b127-477e5e294e3f&hsa_cr_id=8332603960201&sb-ci-n=asinImage&sb-ci-v=https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/31e3oFII2YL.jpg&sb-ci-a=B06XZWHBJ4

I might get one of those and just post it near the roof of my apartment building outer wall to get a view of my car in the parking lot. In that position it should still be able to link to internet WiFi.

Just get another dash cam like the one you have and put it back there. That's likely the quickest and cheapest thing to do.

Yanno, not for nothing, but if you went to a decent sized Auto Zone, they would probably have what you want if you describe it to them, and, they can also help you with any installation questions.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XZWHBJ4?aaxitk=N9cOO5VII1RkuxwdtM2ZgQ&pd_rd_i=B06XZWHBJ4&pf_rd_p=e037c154-e093-48a4-b127-477e5e294e3f&hsa_cr_id=8332603960201&sb-ci-n=asinImage&sb-ci-v=https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/31e3oFII2YL.jpg&sb-ci-a=B06XZWHBJ4

I might get one of those and just post it near the roof of my apartment building outer wall to get a view of my car in the parking lot. In that position it should still be able to link to internet WiFi.

Why are you whining?
Celebrate the diversity!!!!!!

Stop messing around with a married woman ?

/—-/ What a fucking scumbag. Sorry man.

/—-/ What a fucking scumbag. Sorry man.

Thanks. I was surprised but my insurance paid to have a new one installed with no deductible, and it won't raise my insurance rate. It was just a hassle waiting until yesterday to get the new one put in because of the weekend and the weather.

Forum List

Back