Best buy hunting rifle.

Crixus

Gold Member
Oct 9, 2015
BFE Texas.
The Howa 1500. They are avalible in about every caliber you can think of, they are reliable as hell. I have one in 6.5 creedmore that has never failed me. The price tag is low, and they are sold as barreled actions so you can have a mostly custom gun if you want.

7A1A2DEC-26C2-40BF-83AD-AE695C65F524.png

Like the tactical chassis's look?

47EEB4C9-B5DB-4BEA-B056-7CFC9F834E5B.jpeg

From the abominable above, to a fine Bell and Carlson epoxy stock in about any caliber you can want they are gettable for thousands less then other makes.

Nice...

I don't do a lot of hunting but I do have a Remington 700, 7mm mag that I've never had an issue with. Reading a lot of the reviews when I got it most seemed to be that it's not a 700... And not an elite hunting rifle which I didn't see the need to spend on.

But it's been problem-free and accurate for me.

Nice...

I don't do a lot of hunting but I do have a Remington 700, 7mm mag that I've never had an issue with. Reading a lot of the reviews when I got it most seemed to be that it's not a 700... And not an elite hunting rifle which I didn't see the need to spend on.

d0506765c41b50e18bc99a5c6b51ef54--gun-rights-gun-control.jpg

Nice...

The 700 is a fine platform, but I can’t buy one with a decent scope as cheap as I got the Howa. Fine fun though.

Nice...

d0506765c41b50e18bc99a5c6b51ef54--gun-rights-gun-control.jpg

You don't sell guns to Jews?

Savage 110 and Rem 788 were good old school and inexpensive bolt actions.
243 is a decent all around cartridge.Flat, not much kick, hits hard enough.

Savage 110 and Rem 788 were good old school and inexpensive bolt actions.
243 is a decent all around cartridge.Flat, not much kick, hits hard enough.

243 is flat out bad ass. One of my favorite rounds that’s a plenty capable.

The Howa 1500. They are avalible in about every caliber you can think of, they are reliable as hell. I have one in 6.5 creedmore that has never failed me. The price tag is low, and they are sold as barreled actions so you can have a mostly custom gun if you want.

View attachment 255302

How long is the barrel? Are there aftermarket magazines? I already know what gun I'm getting. Wanted .270 but have to settle for .308 :(

View attachment 255302

How long is the barrel? Are there aftermarket magazines? I already know what gun I'm getting. Wanted .270 but have to settle for .308 :(

Howa should have plenty of after market support. Mine is fixed magazine. I get three rounds and the 6.5 is a death ray on everything I have shot so far. I’m pretty sure you can get a baffled action in any caliber from 416 Rigby down to 5.56. Buds, cheaper then dirt all the likely places should have them. I got mine off guns America because they guy did layaway. My brother got a baffled action in .300 magnum for about $375 and slapped it in one of those horrible chassis’s. That thing is saweet.

View attachment 255302

Howa should have plenty of after market support. Mine is fixed magazine. I get three rounds and the 6.5 is a death ray on everything I have shot so far. I’m pretty sure you can get a baffled action in any caliber from 416 Rigby down to 5.56. Buds, cheaper then dirt all the likely places should have them. I got mine off guns America because they guy did layaway. My brother got a baffled action in .300 magnum for about $375 and slapped it in one of those horrible chassis’s. That thing is saweet.

Detachable box magazine, or no? Howa is somehow entertwined with Weatherby now.

View attachment 255302

Detachable box magazine, or no? Howa is somehow entertwined with Weatherby now.

I know some models have detachable mags off the shelf, and some you can convert.

Bah! What would really tickle my pickle is a #1-2 grade BAR in .270

$$$$ and it sucks when you drag it across the seat and scratch the hell out of it. I stick with tactical Tupperware as much as possible.
No scratchy! :(

Idk, my aunt had this gorgeous BAR .06 ..top of the line, not a scratch on it. I love purty wood! She took it out every year and got a deer.
Something like what I talky about is $9-1300. Whole lotta monies. 1 drop from teh stand and I'd cry. I'd literally cry right there in the woods.

Says the kit fits all short and long action models as well as Weatherby, so you could likely ump the .270 to 10 rounds, lol.

Forum List

Back