Calling all Adrenaline Junkies!

:eek:

really? That must have been some bump you took! Did you get the memory back?

Eventually, yea. I did a thread about it a while back. :lol: I got off the ride and passed out. :lol::lol:

ok...so long as you didn't puke. :lol:

It was at a theme park called Alton Towers, which is a few hours drive from my place... When I passed out, my brother told the attendant to call an ambulance. They took me to hospital and the doc said I was 'fine'... my brother said 'she's not fucking fine, she's concussed'... but the doc insisted I was fine. Being a Marine, my brother knows the dangers of head injuries so he and his buds (one of whom I could not remember meeting :lol: and kept asking him 'who are you?').... they got me in the car, got me back to my place, got the contact details of my private health care, got me back to a decent hospital and they kept me in. I found the whole thing very funny.... but I was concussed. Took me weeks to get my memory back. Thank God for brothers! Particularly those with medical training:lol:

I'm afraid of heights, but respect engineering. Before I go on something like that, I have to walk around it and check out the construction/design. Only then can I get on. I'm still terrified, but that's what I'm paying them for, and I get more than most.
Even flying is a rush for me. Take off and the actual flight are no sweat. Physics says if you get a plane going fast enough, it will fly. Standard design practice pretty much ensures it will stay in the air, but landing? I'm basically entrusting my life to the judgment and skill of a guy who might be hung over or pissed off at his wife.

Eventually, yea. I did a thread about it a while back. :lol: I got off the ride and passed out. :lol::lol:

It was at a theme park called Alton Towers, which is a few hours drive from my place... When I passed out, my brother told the attendant to call an ambulance. They took me to hospital and the doc said I was 'fine'... my brother said 'she's not fucking fine, she's concussed'... but the doc insisted I was fine. Being a Marine, my brother knows the dangers of head injuries so he and his buds (one of whom I could not remember meeting :lol: and kept asking him 'who are you?').... they got me in the car, got me back to my place, got the contact details of my private health care, got me back to a decent hospital and they kept me in. I found the whole thing very funny.... but I was concussed. Took me weeks to get my memory back. Thank God for brothers! Particularly those with medical training:lol:

Good for your brother! That is the difference between public and private health care...what can i say. :eusa_whistle:

LOL... oh i know all about telling the health care people what they doing or not doing right and wrong.

I'm afraid of heights, but respect engineering. Before I go on something like that, I have to walk around it and check out the construction/design. Only then can I get on. I'm still terrified, but that's what I'm paying them for, and I get more than most.
Even flying is a rush for me. Take off and the actual flight are no sweat. Physics says if you get a plane going fast enough, it will fly. Standard design practice pretty much ensures it will stay in the air, but landing? I'm basically entrusting my life to the judgment and skill of a guy who might be hung over or pissed off at his wife.

You would never want to get into a plane with my Dad. He has this thing about stalling a plane.... just for the craic of it.

You would never want to get into a plane with my Dad. He has this thing about stalling a plane.... just for the craic of it.

woohoo.... NEG G's!

woohoo.... NEG G's!

Scary shit..... but fun! :lol:

On the downside, it's a lot higher up.... and no safety harness. :lol:

Good for your brother! That is the difference between public and private health care...what can i say. :eusa_whistle:

LOL... oh i know all about telling the health care people what they doing or not doing right and wrong.

Meh, now you see why I don't use their stupid NHS system. I coulda died, for God's sake!

woohoo.... NEG G's!

Scary shit..... but fun! :lol:

On the downside, it's a lot higher up.... and no safety harness. :lol:

Its all good for the adrenaline junkie in us!

One of the coolest things I ever did was when I transferred out of Newport RI, I got advance pay for transfer (3 months) and used some of it to take a glider ride.

First one, I had my girlfriend with me, so the pilot didn't do anything crazy, just a really nice flight over Newport.

Then, I asked if I could have another ride, only this time with all the acrobatics he could pull (it was a stunt glider). He said sure, but if someone is at the landing strip, I had to remember that I was his nephew, as he couldn't do acrobatics with paying passengers due to insurance costs.

Nothing like doing loops and hammerheads in a glider over the top of the Naval War College. Probably one of the best times I'd ever had, and would willingly go up again.

Neg g tends to make one's stomach do flip flops though..........

Forum List

Back