California Single Payer

william the wie

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2009
Yeah, everyone with two functioning neurons knows that it will be a disaster:

Every medical professional who can will leave the state.

Tax flight will really ramp up.

the state budget will have to triple

Any upside to this insanity?

Any major downsides I missed?

Yeah, everyone with two functioning neurons knows that it will be a disaster:

Every medical professional who can will leave the state.

Tax flight will really ramp up.

the state budget will have to triple

Any upside to this insanity?

Any major downsides I missed?
Don't question the downsides as there are many.
How can one profit from this foolish choice?

This idea brings to mind the words of Davy Crockett "That don't even make good nonsense."

This idea brings to mind the words of Davy Crockett "That don't even make good nonsense."
There is profit in disaster. My x father in law owned the leading company cleaning up the Alaskan oil spill.
The company made 150 million and Bill took 15 million as personal profit. With any disaster somebody makes money.

We have enough Cali-crazies in FL without them exporting more. The movie business has been moving out of Cali at a compounding rate since the 1960s. Electronic games are now run mostly out of Austen TX. If this bill goes into effect I would expect at least a 50% decline in real estate values if not a whole lot more. That WA real estate you own should hit big. It could also give a huge boost to my game even though I think Strauss & Howe got it right back in 92 when they predicted the big Civic crisis will hit in 2020 (Generations and the rest of their books are available on Amazon and Howe has a website of the subject)

But to point out just one thing we have gotten two unsolicited offers recently to buy our house for 2000% of what we paid for it. The blue wall exodus is already in high gear.

There is profit in disaster. My x father in law owned the leading company cleaning up the Alaskan oil spill.
The company made 150 million and Bill took 15 million as personal profit. With any disaster somebody makes money.

We have enough Cali-crazies in FL without them exporting more. The movie business has been moving out of Cali at a compounding rate since the 1960s. Electronic games are now run mostly out of Austen TX. If this bill goes into effect I would expect at least a 50% decline in real estate values if not a whole lot more. That WA real estate you own should hit big. It could also give a huge boost to my game even though I think Strauss & Howe got it right back in 92 when they predicted the big Civic crisis will hit in 2020 (Generations and the rest of their books are available on Amazon and Howe has a website of the subject)

But to point out just one thing we have gotten two unsolicited offers recently to buy our house for 2000% of what we paid for it. The blue wall exodus is already in high gear.
I'm thinking strip mall clinics could take a huge hit. Some have a post office for an anchor. Others have a DMV. Strip malls in some parts of the country are becoming cheaper then homes. I looked at one a few years ago and kicked around the idea of making it storage units or condos.

I'm thinking strip mall clinics could take a huge hit. Some have a post office for an anchor. Others have a DMV. Strip malls in some parts of the country are becoming cheaper then homes. I looked at one a few years ago and kicked around the idea of making it storage units or condos.

Not my area of expertise but the lack of local sticks and bricks is beginning to bite Amazon and Ali Baba should really consider buying say Sears to get boots on the ground for expanding into North America while WalMart.com is taking market share from Amazon. I would assume that war will have big effects on strip malls.

Forum List

Back