California Noticed That The Second Amendment Provides No Right To Ammunition

You may need a license to reload at some point as well.

Good luck with that. :lol:

Might happen. Don't be surprised.

Won't happen as long as I am alive to at least attempt to stop it. That is a promise.

Like i said, don't be surprised. One Executive Order, and Government can make things very difficult for you. Why do you need to make your own bullets? You a Terrorist? Remember, the Patriot Act and NDAA were created to be used against American Citizens.

Why the fuck don't you stop your incessant whining and move to another country? You hate this one so much why the are you still here?

Because he has a right to be here? Whether I disagree with him or not, he has a right to have and express his opinion. You see in free societies...in the America I grew up in...one is free to express whatever opinions they want, no matter how repugnant. Now, if those words turn into actions that infringe upon our right to life, liberty or property, then we can simply knock the shiite out of him. ;)

You seem to have a problem with this whole freedom thing. Perhaps it is you that might be happier in another country where blind obedience to TPTB is the rule.

Before we get into it, let me say that I am not a gun control advocate.

Having said that.....

I think it is you that misunderstands the Constitution.

The constitution was written for the federal government and is a limit on their powers.

The supremacy clause only gives them supremacy over those things within their scope to administer. It has nothing to do with things they are forbidden to touch.

If that were not the case, then why did states write the right to bear arms into their individual constitutions ? The answer is that because they understood that.

It is analogous to the freedom of religion. The federal government is forbid to pass laws respecting religion. States were not constrained and several had state sponsored religions well into the 1820's...and they only went away because states wrote them out. They were never challenged in court. One member of the SCOTUS recently stated that such would still be the case today (of course, he'd be in the minority).

The 14th amendment and the doctrine of selective incorporation is clearly the thing used today by the NRA. It is also what allows the far left and far right to push their agenda from the federal level. I always laugh at my NRA friends who hide behind this argument.

Selective incorporation is an invention of the FDR court.

It applies...but as I said...."in theory".

So, I think I understand better than you.

No you don't.

The Supremacy Clause is the provision in Article Six, Clause 2 of the United States Constitution that establishes the United States Constitution, federal statutes, and treaties as "the supreme law of the land." It provides that these are the highest form of law in the United States legal system, and mandates that all state judges must follow federal law when a conflict arises between federal law and either a state constitution or state law of any state.

This Constitution, and the Laws of the United States which shall be made in pursuance thereof; and all treaties made, or which shall be made, under the authority of the United States, shall be the supreme law of the land; and the judges in every state shall be bound thereby, anything in the constitution or laws of any state to the contrary notwithstanding.

With each post, I see I understand it much better than you....

Please tell me that you think this applies to all laws and I'll understand that you really have no clue about federalism or the context in which it was written.

And I'll look forward to you explaining why states wrote the same language into their respective state constitutions.

Or how state sponsored religions existed.

I'd be interested to hear your understanding of the 14th amendment and some of its interpretations in relation to the Federalist thinking that existed prior.

the 14th wasn't ratified legally because of the provisional military "governments" installed by the north after the war of northern aggression.
The people were deprived of their right of legal, ELECTED representatives and the rubber stamp federalist "representatives" "passed" whatever regulation/law was placed in front of them by the u.s. government...
So much for the constitutional republic. It died back then.

I don't disagree...but we gotta deal with the realities of today...not with shoulda, woulda, couldas. When this rotten monstrosity collapses, which it will, we can hopefully rebuild it according to the principles in which we were founded...and avoid repeating the same mistakes. Till then, all we can do is prepare and help others to prepare...as well as to help them discover or rediscover the principles of freedom and self-governance that our founders tried to create.

The best way to prevent, stop or rebuild from tyranny is to ensure an educated, self-reliant, independent population. ;)

Surely ONE of the three or four nations that will form after the (inevitable) collapse will be (generally) based on the Constitution and the ideals our forefathers fought for to found this country.

You don't understand the Constitution do you?

The provision of the Constitution that ensures this is called the Supremacy Clause. Look that up. The states cannot act contrary to the Constitution. They can make laws about topics on which the document is silent, but if a state law and federal law are in conflict, the federal law wins. Also, the 14th Amendment incorporates the protections of the Bill of Rights to the states. States must adhere to the requirements of the Second Amendment as interpreted by the Supreme Court.

Before we get into it, let me say that I am not a gun control advocate.

Having said that.....

I think it is you that misunderstands the Constitution.

The constitution was written for the federal government and is a limit on their powers.

The supremacy clause only gives them supremacy over those things within their scope to administer. It has nothing to do with things they are forbidden to touch.

If that were not the case, then why did states write the right to bear arms into their individual constitutions ? The answer is that because they understood that.

It is analogous to the freedom of religion. The federal government is forbid to pass laws respecting religion. States were not constrained and several had state sponsored religions well into the 1820's...and they only went away because states wrote them out. They were never challenged in court. One member of the SCOTUS recently stated that such would still be the case today (of course, he'd be in the minority).

The 14th amendment and the doctrine of selective incorporation is clearly the thing used today by the NRA. It is also what allows the far left and far right to push their agenda from the federal level. I always laugh at my NRA friends who hide behind this argument.

Selective incorporation is an invention of the FDR court.

It applies...but as I said...."in theory".

So, I think I understand better than you.

No you don't.

The Supremacy Clause is the provision in Article Six, Clause 2 of the United States Constitution that establishes the United States Constitution, federal statutes, and treaties as "the supreme law of the land." It provides that these are the highest form of law in the United States legal system, and mandates that all state judges must follow federal law when a conflict arises between federal law and either a state constitution or state law of any state.

This Constitution, and the Laws of the United States which shall be made in pursuance thereof; and all treaties made, or which shall be made, under the authority of the United States, shall be the supreme law of the land; and the judges in every state shall be bound thereby, anything in the constitution or laws of any state to the contrary notwithstanding.

With each post, I see I understand it much better than you....

Please tell me that you think this applies to all laws and I'll understand that you really have no clue about federalism or the context in which it was written.

And I'll look forward to you explaining why states wrote the same language into their respective state constitutions.

Or how state sponsored religions existed.

I'd be interested to hear your understanding of the 14th amendment and some of its interpretations in relation to the Federalist thinking that existed prior.

the 14th wasn't ratified legally because of the provisional military "governments" installed by the north after the war of northern aggression.
The people were deprived of their right of legal, ELECTED representatives and the rubber stamp federalist "representatives" "passed" whatever regulation/law was placed in front of them by the u.s. government...
So much for the constitutional republic. It died back then.

While I agree that it was a disaster, it still rules our lives.

The Squalid 14th Amendment – LewRockwell.com

I wish I could tell you but I was 5 at the time and no one was wandering around carrying a weigh scale. I think it was a funeral we were going to. Or a wedding. Cripes let me think here for a minute. I zone out and remember.

This was just like a "do it every year journey".

Hey you go north to Kirkland Lake you take breathers on the journey. My dad just liked to fish. And we would pull over and throw in a line.

This one trip was awesome.

The damn thing was bigger than my body.

When I kick into these zones it hurts sometimes. This was a funeral.

Surely ONE of the three or four nations that will form after the (inevitable) collapse will be (generally) based on the Constitution and the ideals our forefathers fought for to found this country.

If not, we'll just have to make our own! ;)

You may need a license to reload at some point as well.

Good luck with that. :lol:

Might happen. Don't be surprised.

Won't happen as long as I am alive to at least attempt to stop it. That is a promise.

Like i said, don't be surprised. One Executive Order, and Government can make things very difficult for you. Why do you need to make your own bullets? You a Terrorist? Remember, the Patriot Act and NDAA were created to be used against American Citizens.

Unlike you, I don't roll over and say "thank you Uncle Sugar, may I have another?" Nothing worth having or doing comes easy, boy.

Ironically, most staunch 2nd Amendment advocates fully supported Un-American laws like the Patriot Act and NDAA. They're likely to be the main targets of such laws in the future. Why do they need to make their own ammunition? Why do they need so many guns? Are they Terrorists?

The call for more gun control is fading... Fading... Fading away, as it should being an nonissue and all.

Just like in Benghazi, sh!t happens I guess??

Forum List

Back