California lawmakers consider 'Skip the Slip' bill banning paper receipts...this is comical

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2015
what the hell?

California lawmakers consider 'Skip the Slip' bill banning paper receipts

D2nL5jIUcAADneM.jpg

You can opt to not receive a paper receipt if you use a credit/debit card in most places. California is bureaucratic hell. Disgusting shithole.

When buying returnable items a paper receipt is nice to have....

Maybe limit the size of the receipt?

CVS and Home Depot give you this 9 foot piece of paper for buying 2 items. WTH?

You know, when I had to process travel claims in the military for people who had traveled on PCS or TAD orders, it used to be that receipts needed to be kept, and I always asked for them.

But, the last tour I had at MEPS Amarillo, we just used credit cards, and the credit card bill was basically your receipt pile.

I also remember one time when I was with VFA-131, some guy ate as cheaply as he could (bought bread and lunchmeat and made sandwiches), and turned in the receipts to me, hoping to get back all the money he'd paid out. When I did the calculations of what his daily per diem was for the trip, and compared it to what he actually spent, he actually came in at about half of what his per diem rate was. I then told him I wasn't going to take any receipts, because if I did, he would be getting less money than he would if he didn't submit anything and just went with the daily per diem rate.

Sometimes, you can screw yourself by submitting receipts.

California is going broke and they are spending time on receipts. Next, the're going to teach the whales to sing.

California is going broke and they are spending time on receipts. Next, the're going to teach the whales to sing.

Ever heard a whale signing in the wild yourself? I have, and it's a pretty cool experience.
Let me guess...California spent $45Billion on the research! No I haven't. Sounds like quite an experience!

Actually, because my berthing area on the ship was below the waterline, whenever we were close to whales that were singing, we could hear them through the hull.

Ever heard a whale signing in the wild yourself? I have, and it's a pretty cool experience.
Let me guess...California spent $45Billion on the research! No I haven't. Sounds like quite an experience!

Actually, because my berthing area on the ship was below the waterline, whenever we were close to whales that were singing, we could hear them through the hull.
How cool!

How cool!

Yeah, it was pretty cool. However................hearing it for the first time wasn't nearly as cool as you might think, because when I first heard it, I thought something was going wrong with the ship.

Didn’t they already ban straws?

But free needles for heroin is in the budget. The place is too far gone.

Forum List

Back