California is so damn Unbelievably Smart!

He's had 36 years to plan his next crime. How long do you think he'll wait to implement it?

after he kills 20 more kids, Rdean will say we just need more cops. Liberals love to catch and release criminals kinda like they do with illegals.

Relax everyone. This wasn't a hate crime. Except for laws made in slave days of America, there's no reason that that this guy should have gone to prison in the first place for burying children alive.

If California democrats had their way, the state wouldn't even have prisons at all. Democrats never met a criminal they didn't like.

It's one of the reasons California is known for it's random shootings. The law isn't trustworthy.

The crime was horrific, committed by three stupid young adults. The guy spent 36 years in jail. He has a good prison record. The parole board determined that he posed no danger to society. This guy is not Charles Manson, who will never be released.

Somehow you have turned this into a political commentary on Democrats.

Could it be because Cali is a Dem state?
Burying 26 children alive, for ransom, was indeed stupid and all three of them, young or not, should have lived their entire lives in prison. Two of the three are still in prison.

But you're OK with this:
:cuckoo:

"The kidnappers, who grew up in wealthy families on the Peninsula - the Schoenfelds in Atherton, Woods in Portola Valley - were sentenced to life in prison. They pleaded guilty to the kidnapping-for-ransom scheme that stunned the nation for both its audacity and potentially tragic outcome.

They set up a roadblock, where they stopped a school bus from the San Joaquin Valley town of Chowchilla at gunpoint. With their faces covered in stocking masks, they transferred their captives to vans and drove about 100 miles northeast to Livermore, where they buried them in a moving van in a rock quarry with little air and little to eat and demanded $5 million ransom. The children ranged in age from 5 to 14."

Read more: Chowchilla kidnapper Richard Schoenfeld paroled

No, I am not OK with it. I grew up one hour from the scene of the crime and I was in high school when it happened. The crime was horrific and the three offenders were sent to jail. The sentences given were those available at the time.

The children were affected by this and they are objecting to the release. I feel bad for the victims. I would prefer that the guy was not released for their sake, certainly not for your sense of vengeance.

The parole board determined the guy is not a danger to society. The guy is being released as per the law. He did serve 36 years. I do not like it, but there are worse things out there.
I do wonder why this is being blamed on the democrats. Is everything that happens in a state with a majority of a particular party, the fault of that party. Since I live in California and it is unbearably hot today, shall I blame it on the democrats?

Deflection does not suit you.

Since Cali is a Dem state, prisons are closing, CalPERS is bankrupting the state, Medicaid and education are being cut, legs are willing to throw underlings under the bus in order to keep their salaries/bennies.
They don't seem to be able to LEAD like JB did in the 70's when he actually practiced fiscal responsibility, which he has gotten away from this go round. All the cuts to the budget are for political face and fear only.

And I have no 'sense of vengeance'....only justice.

How do you feel about term limits?

Hot indeed...102 in my neck of the woods. Al Gore warned us all about global warming didn't he?:D

Last edited:
The parts of California that are more republican, are really nice, few and far between as they might be, bay area, now that is a liberal haven filled with homeless druggies child rapers and the school bus buriers.

And armless mods...:D

If California democrats had their way, the state wouldn't even have prisons at all. Democrats never met a criminal they didn't like.

It's one of the reasons California is known for it's random shootings. The law isn't trustworthy.

The crime was horrific, committed by three stupid young adults. The guy spent 36 years in jail. He has a good prison record. The parole board determined that he posed no danger to society. This guy is not Charles Manson, who will never be released.

Who gives a shit about his prison record? IT is a commentary on Democrats. They release these guys and then you guys say you care about children and that we need more cops. Hey we wouldnt if people like this were executed, we'd have more prison space and dead piece of shit. Kils again? win-win.

Plus I think the people who release guys like this should be responsible for him. If he kills again it's the parole board's ass. I doubt they would let him out.

Kills again? Who did he kill?

What this guy did is worse than what the Manson family did. What a slow, horrible death for all those children.

What this guy did is worse than what the Manson family did. What a slow, horrible death for all those children.

The kids didn't die. The bus driver got them out after 16 hours underground.

He's had 36 years to plan his next crime. How long do you think he'll wait to implement it?

after he kills 20 more kids, Rdean will say we just need more cops. Liberals love to catch and release criminals kinda like they do with illegals.

20 more? Do you have that list of names? :cuckoo:

after he....that's future tense....see...meaning he killed 26 kids so we're pretty sure he's gonna kill again, and you think he's a great guy because he played well in prison?

I'll tell you what, you let him be a big brother to your kids, you willing to do that?

Guys like that are psyco and do not need to be among people.

20 more? Do you have that list of names? :cuckoo:

after he....that's future tense....see...meaning he killed 26 kids so we're pretty sure he's gonna kill again, and you think he's a great guy because he played well in prison?

I'll tell you what, you let him be a big brother to your kids, you willing to do that?

Guys like that are psyco and do not need to be among people.

Except for the fact that he didn't kill 26 kids. They were saved by the bus driver.

Could it be because Cali is a Dem state?
Burying 26 children alive, for ransom, was indeed stupid and all three of them, young or not, should have lived their entire lives in prison. Two of the three are still in prison.

But you're OK with this:
:cuckoo:

"The kidnappers, who grew up in wealthy families on the Peninsula - the Schoenfelds in Atherton, Woods in Portola Valley - were sentenced to life in prison. They pleaded guilty to the kidnapping-for-ransom scheme that stunned the nation for both its audacity and potentially tragic outcome.

They set up a roadblock, where they stopped a school bus from the San Joaquin Valley town of Chowchilla at gunpoint. With their faces covered in stocking masks, they transferred their captives to vans and drove about 100 miles northeast to Livermore, where they buried them in a moving van in a rock quarry with little air and little to eat and demanded $5 million ransom. The children ranged in age from 5 to 14."

Read more: Chowchilla kidnapper Richard Schoenfeld paroled

No, I am not OK with it. I grew up one hour from the scene of the crime and I was in high school when it happened. The crime was horrific and the three offenders were sent to jail. The sentences given were those available at the time.

The children were affected by this and they are objecting to the release. I feel bad for the victims. I would prefer that the guy was not released for their sake, certainly not for your sense of vengeance.

The parole board determined the guy is not a danger to society. The guy is being released as per the law. He did serve 36 years. I do not like it, but there are worse things out there.
I do wonder why this is being blamed on the democrats. Is everything that happens in a state with a majority of a particular party, the fault of that party. Since I live in California and it is unbearably hot today, shall I blame it on the democrats?

Deflection does not suit you.

Since Cali is a Dem state, prisons are closing, CalPERS is bankrupting the state, Medicaid and education are being cut, legs are willing to throw underlings under the bus in order to keep their salaries/bennies.
They don't seem to be able to LEAD like JB did in the 70's when he actually practiced fiscal responsibility, which he has gotten away from this go round. All the cuts to the budget are for political face and fear only.

And I have no 'sense of vengeance'....only justice.

How do you feel about term limits?

Hot indeed...102 in my neck of the woods. Al Gore warned us all about global warming didn't he?:D

Jerry Brown has a tougher gig his second time around. He is proposing a combination of cuts and tax increases to narrow the huge budget deficit. The democrats will argue over every cut and the Republicans chant no new taxes. Brown has taken a moderate position, but moderates are an endangered species, only liberal loons and conservative cuckoos. What we get is ineffective government as the economy heads towards apocalypse, just like the idiot democrats AND republicans in Washington.

To blame a criminals release on the democrats shows a narrow political bias.

Institutionalized graft in the Golden State

7/6/12 By Lee DeCovnick

The Democrats in the California State Assembly really believe their constituents are fools, willing to ignore the institutionalized union graft that funds their re-election. How else to explain their party line vote to fund $8 billion for building high-speed rail, starting in the agriculturally rich Central Valley. Assemblyman Tim Donnelly, a Republican from San Bernardino called the vote, "a high speed train robbery." The issue now goes to the State Senate for a close vote on Friday.

---

Read more: Blog: Institutionalized graft in the Golden State

Forum List

Back