Calif. set to adopt sweeping cap-and-trade rules

What?

I ride the bus everyday to work and car pool home.

I don't understand how hard it would be to bring in a Bus company and set up routes.

the problem with the bus system in LA is that it is currently inefficient and you end up sitting in the same traffic anyways, most people would just prefer to sit in their own cars and have some freedom if they are going to be forced to sit in traffic.

like i said, something in the way of a rail/subway system would be the only way to go. you could expand the current metro system, but it would also take billions to do.

just like it is in new york, washington dc, boston and chicago. all terrible reasons to have public transportation. :anj_stfu:

well, it's THEIR CHOICE TO LIVE THERE, isn't it?
what about all them people who don't live in cramped cities? what do you propose for them. horse and buggy?:lol:

youre really an idoit arent you?
1 - i never said to get rid of car for everyone
2 - a public transportation system in LA is needed, but would be extremely expensive
3 - I LIVE IN LA, if you dont then :anj_stfu:
4 - people who dont live in major urbans areas arent affected by this conversation. so again :anj_stfu:

That's not true. They will be paying the same amount in increased cost as city people, but they will get less from it.

Please keep in mind, what you do for a city, fucksover the people ourside the city.

ive been saying this for years, but they need to put the $ into the public transportation infrastructure. the reason most people drive in the greater LA area, is because there is no other efficient means of transportation. if they develop either a rail or rail/subway combination that is cheap and efficient, then many people will cease to use their cars.

but.....building such a system in LA would cost billions that the city, county and state doesnt have.

yeah man, then we can all be like friggen cattle riding on a rail car to slaughter.
:lol:

What?

I don't understand how hard it would be to bring in a Bus company and set up routes.

that's good for you my dear.
but I live in a town which doesn't have bus service and I work hours where I can't car pool.
one thing, has anyone seen the Price of an Amtrack ticket.? it's dang cheaper and takes less time to drive.

It's a "reward tool"?

Yet... "The idea is to incentivize clean technology over fossil fuels by putting a price on carbon..."

Why not target each and every automobile as a point-source of carbon emmissions? Aren't they collectively the largest polluter?

It's a nail in the coffin all right.

Umm, where have you been? They are doing this.

California approves world's toughest vehicle emissions rules

I've been aware of California's strict vehicle emissions rules for 6 years now. :D
The state also requires some rather exotic "boutique" blended fuels, contributing to even higher gasoline prices in the state.

Let them raise the state's gasoline taxes even higher, and use the proceedes to fund mass transit infrastructure.

Industry won't survive cap und trade legislation unless they are able to ultimately pass costs along to consumers. Same difference.

35 ppm is 0.000035 of the air, or .0035% of the air. You truly want to see industry, ALL forms of industry crushed for .0035%?

i work for an OEM and construction company, and this wont affect us at all. it wont affect a lot of small businesses. it will only affect gross polluters.

not every business is gonna jump ship just because of this new regulation, california is always in the forefront, this is just another case. and the people approved this bill, not just the legislature.

Cause and effect.

You increase the cost of having the lights on.
People have less to spend on everything else
Gas goes up, b/c gas stations have lights
Food up
Hospitals up
medicine up
schools up

on and on

Cause and effect is not just going to hit the big polluters.

I wish you the best of luck, you're gonna need it.

What?

the problem with the bus system in LA is that it is currently inefficient and you end up sitting in the same traffic anyways, most people would just prefer to sit in their own cars and have some freedom if they are going to be forced to sit in traffic.

like i said, something in the way of a rail/subway system would be the only way to go. you could expand the current metro system, but it would also take billions to do.

In Philly, during the rush hours, they will have 2 buses right to gether so people don't get over crowded, and there is a minor rail system.

well, it's THEIR CHOICE TO LIVE THERE, isn't it?
what about all them people who don't live in cramped cities? what do you propose for them. horse and buggy?:lol:

2 - a public transportation system in LA is needed, but would be extremely expensive
4 - people who dont live in major urbans areas arent affected by this conversation. so again :anj_stfu:

That's not true. They will be paying the same amount in increased cost as city people, but they will get less from it.

Please keep in mind, what you do for a city, fucksover the people ourside the city.

how will they being paying an increased cost? people in fresno and bakersfield wont see an increase in anything because LA is building a public transportation system. the areas that would benefit ie the inland empire, orange county, the south bay, the valley and venture county might see an increase through a bond measure or tax increase. but they would also benefit from the services as well.

how will they being paying an increased cost? people in fresno and bakersfield wont see an increase in anything because LA is building a public transportation system. the areas that would benefit ie the inland empire, orange county, the south bay, the valley and venture county might see an increase through a bond measure or tax increase. but they would also benefit from the services as well.

Given that virtually all public transit systems are heavily subsidized with taxpayer money, we'll all pay, bub.

yeah man, then we can all be like friggen cattle riding on a rail car to slaughter.
:lol:

What?

that's good for you my dear.
but I live in a town which doesn't have bus service and I work hours where I can't car pool.
one thing, has anyone seen the Price of an Amtrack ticket.? it's dang cheaper and takes less time to drive.

exactly, you live in a town. obviously not a major urban area.

Given that virtually all public transit systems are heavily subsidized with taxpayer money, we'll all pay, bub.

yes with taxpayer money from that area. not from the entire state (that is unless you have a tiny state, which california isnt)

You are wrong. Federal and state money come into play in many projects.

No, they just go deeper into debt, screw up our monetary policy, and drive up our taxes and reduce disposable income in other ways.

OP's article states these rules will put California at an economic competitive disadvantage. Just what California and the rest of the country needs......NOT!

oops, sorry. I was on the main topic of cap and trade. got confused there. No, building a rail will still have some effect on the states budget and affect others, just it won't be pronounced as cap and trade.

you may believe in freedom of speech, but your speech is full of bullshit and lies. youre basically an imbecile.

and if you didnt live in LA, you have no standing at all.

LOL, and you call me an idiot and imbecile..:eusa_whistle:

Steph, should I remind you of this little gem you posted. I wouldn't be criticizing someone for forgetting an apostrophe when you are FAR from being educated.

Stephanie in all her Glory

do what EVA it takes to blow your skirt up my dear.:lol:

Forum List

Back