Calif. set to adopt sweeping cap-and-trade rules

I don't think it can be fixed without drastic changes, no.

how bout they OUTLAW cars AND start gassing some of the millions of people who live there to get it "fixed".

That seems practical/reasonable/doable. :eusa_eh:

Go back to sleep Stephanie, you're obviously not awake enough yet to try and contribute to this thread.

and you are I suppose.
you said they would need "drastic changes". I gave you a couple.:lol:

im sure everyone enjoys coming to the california beaches and breathing the clean ocean air. lets just pollute all of that so no one can enjoy that anymore. :cuckoo:

CO2 is not pollution. Never has been, never will be to anyone with any honesty.

really, did you just call CO2 not pollution? thanks for an easy pwning

"The more CO2 in the atmosphere, the more of it that dissolves into surface ocean water. That small chemistry change could cause huge changes in marine biology."
CO2 Pollution Could Erase Coral Reefs | Wired Science | Wired.com

"The primary air pollutants found in most urban areas are carbon monoxide, nitrogen oxides, sulfur oxides, hydrocarbons, and particulate matter (both solid and liquid). These pollutants are dispersed throughout the world's atmosphere in concentrations high enough to gradually cause serious health problems. Serious health problems can occur quickly when air pollutants are concentrated, such as when massive injections of sulfur dioxide and suspended particulate matter are emitted by a large volcanic eruption."
Air Pollution Causes

Environment
Pollution has been found to be present widely in the environment. There are a number of effects of this:
Biomagnification describes situations where toxins (such as heavy metals) may pass through trophic levels, becoming exponentially more concentrated in the process.
Carbon dioxide emissions cause ocean acidification, the ongoing decrease in the pH of the Earth's oceans as CO2 becomes dissolved.
The emission of greenhouse gases leads to global warming which affects ecosystems in many ways.
Invasive species can out compete native species and reduce biodiversity. Invasive plants can contribute debris and biomolecules (allelopathy) that can alter soil and chemical compositions of an environment, often reducing native species competitiveness.
Nitrogen oxides are removed from the air by rain and fertilise land which can change the species composition of ecosystems.
Smog and haze can reduce the amount of sunlight received by plants to carry out photosynthesis and leads to the production of tropospheric ozone which damages plants.
Soil can become infertile and unsuitable for plants. This will affect other organisms in the food web.
Sulphur dioxide and nitrogen oxides can cause acid rain which lowers the pH value of soil.
Pollution - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

LOL good to know CO2 is not a naturally occuring combination of elements (which is what the guy that you responded to was saying, that it is a naturally occuring substance)

"The more CO2 in the atmosphere, the more of it that dissolves into surface ocean water. That small chemistry change could cause huge changes in marine biology."

"The primary air pollutants found in most urban areas are carbon monoxide, nitrogen oxides, sulfur oxides, hydrocarbons, and particulate matter (both solid and liquid). These pollutants are dispersed throughout the world's atmosphere in concentrations high enough to gradually cause serious health problems. Serious health problems can occur quickly when air pollutants are concentrated, such as when massive injections of sulfur dioxide and suspended particulate matter are emitted by a large volcanic eruption."
Air Pollution Causes

Environment
Pollution has been found to be present widely in the environment. There are a number of effects of this:
Biomagnification describes situations where toxins (such as heavy metals) may pass through trophic levels, becoming exponentially more concentrated in the process.
Carbon dioxide emissions cause ocean acidification, the ongoing decrease in the pH of the Earth's oceans as CO2 becomes dissolved.
The emission of greenhouse gases leads to global warming which affects ecosystems in many ways.
Invasive species can out compete native species and reduce biodiversity. Invasive plants can contribute debris and biomolecules (allelopathy) that can alter soil and chemical compositions of an environment, often reducing native species competitiveness.
Nitrogen oxides are removed from the air by rain and fertilise land which can change the species composition of ecosystems.
Smog and haze can reduce the amount of sunlight received by plants to carry out photosynthesis and leads to the production of tropospheric ozone which damages plants.
Soil can become infertile and unsuitable for plants. This will affect other organisms in the food web.
Sulphur dioxide and nitrogen oxides can cause acid rain which lowers the pH value of soil.

LOL good to know CO2 is not a naturally occuring combination of elements (which is what the guy that you responded to was saying, that it is a naturally occuring substance)

Is this a serious post? Please tell me you're just joking around....

Just because it's natural doesn't mean that man can't create an overabundance of it, which is detrimental to the planet.

But I didn't have to explain that to you, right? Since you were obviously joking around. :eusa_pray:

im sure everyone enjoys coming to the california beaches and breathing the clean ocean air. lets just pollute all of that so no one can enjoy that anymore. :cuckoo:

I've been to Cali three times. I was transferred there and stayed for 4 months. Requested a transfer out after sitting in traffic for several hours every day.

I went back once for a wedding and another time to visit my brother.

This sounds like exactly the kind of law that the folks who would like this kind of law would like.

There is no group more richly deserving of this kind of law than those who would approve of it.

well if you dont like it dont come back. it wont hurt our feeling if idiots like you stay out.

if you really hate just traffic better not go to any of these cities either:

Philadelphia
Seattle
Boston
San Francisco
Houston
Dallas
Washington DC
Chicago
New York

Last edited:
You don't think it can be fixed without the disgusting taxes that come with cap and trade? doya?

how bout they OUTLAW cars AND start gassing some of the millions of people who live there to get it "fixed".

HAHAHA

Just a tad over the top there Steph.

How about we outlaw all autos and have the death penalty for anyone that dares drive?

HAHAHA

Just a tad over the top there Steph.

How about we outlaw all autos and have the death penalty for anyone that dares drive?

That's more like it! We should probably execute anyone who has ever been in a car in their lifetimes as well. :tongue:

False Dichotomy. You imply that the choice is either these "Cap and Trade" like standards or devastating pollution, which is simply not the case.

For the sake of Californians, they had better hope that tourism remains strong because it won't be long before that's the only economy they have left in the state.

Ahhhh, what the right wouldn't do for the promise a few more jobs. Rape the planet, give ourselves cancer. Hey, as long as it creates jobs it's all worth it!

Cali is democrat blue through and through.

they fucked thier own state on thier own, with regular pollution.

But this bs is about regulating CO2. Can you find any single link that shows CO2 causing cancer?

Rape the planet? good lord. Destroy your computer, turn off all your lights, park your car in the desert, never use the bus, grow and eat your own food only, live in a cave or or build a home yourself from brick.

OR

Grow up and finally admit we need industry to live. And that by fucking over industry it makes it far harder and far to expensive to live.

you do even know why LA has such bad smog, maybe you would understand the "natural" dilemma of putting a major metropolitan area in a bowl surrounded by mountains.

im pretty sure there isnt near as much smog in malibu, monterey, lake tahoe, carmel, laguna beach, yosemite or many other parts of the state.

Air Pollution Causes

Environment

Just because it's natural doesn't mean that man can't create an overabundance of it, which is detrimental to the planet.
But I didn't have to explain that to you, right? Since you were obviously joking around. :eusa_pray:

I thought that was obvious?

Last edited:

I thought that was obvious?

I did too. I was just making sure though. Can't take anything for granted on this board.

Air Pollution Causes

Environment

Lopsided BS

"Coral reefs, nature’s most lively architecture, could come tumbling down and it could take millions of years for them to return, if carbon dioxide emissions aren’t cut quickly, scientists warned today." CO2 Pollution Could Erase Coral Reefs | Wired Science | Wired.com

Note the use of the word 'could'. In other words they are guessing at best, but you assumed that they meant 'will'.

The primary air pollutants found in most urban areas are carbon monoxide, nitrogen oxides, sulfur oxides, hydrocarbons, and particulate matter (both solid and liquid). These pollutants are dispersed throughout the world's atmosphere in concentrations high enough to gradually cause serious health problems. Serious health problems can occur quickly when air pollutants are concentrated, such as when massive injections of sulfur dioxide and suspended particulate matter are emitted by a large volcanic eruption."

No mention of CO2

And wikipedia is a shit source.

Just b/c some lefty goons want to make billions off of cap and trade, doesn't mean they won't stretch the truth, right?

Lopsided BS

"Coral reefs, nature’s most lively architecture, could come tumbling down and it could take millions of years for them to return, if carbon dioxide emissions aren’t cut quickly, scientists warned today." CO2 Pollution Could Erase Coral Reefs | Wired Science | Wired.com

Note the use of the word 'could'. In other words they are guessing at best, but you assumed that they meant 'will'.

The primary air pollutants found in most urban areas are carbon monoxide, nitrogen oxides, sulfur oxides, hydrocarbons, and particulate matter (both solid and liquid). These pollutants are dispersed throughout the world's atmosphere in concentrations high enough to gradually cause serious health problems. Serious health problems can occur quickly when air pollutants are concentrated, such as when massive injections of sulfur dioxide and suspended particulate matter are emitted by a large volcanic eruption."

No mention of CO2

And wikipedia is a shit source.

Just b/c some lefty goons want to make billions off of cap and trade, doesn't mean they won't stretch the truth, right?

is this better:
Carbon Dioxide

Carbon dioxide (CO2) is one of the major pollutants in the atmosphere. Major sources of CO2 are fossil fuels burning and deforestation. "The concentrations of CO2 in the air around 1860 before the effects of industrialization were felt, is assumed to have been about 290 parts per million (ppm). In the hundred years and more since then, the concentration has increased by about 30 to 35 ppm that is by 10 percent". (Breuer 67) Industrial countries account for 65% of CO2 emissions with the United States and Soviet Union responsible for 50%. Less developed countries (LDCs), with 80% of the world's people, are responsible for 35% of CO2 emissions but may contribute 50% by 2020. "Carbon dioxide emissions are increasing by 4% a year". (Miller 450)

In 1975, 18 thousand million tons of carbon dioxide (equivalent to 5 thousand million tons of carbon) were released into the atmosphere, but the atmosphere showed an increase of only 8 billion tons (equivalent to 2.2 billion tons of carbon". (Breuer 70) The ocean waters contain about sixty times more CO2 than the atmosphere. If the equilibrium is disturbed by externally increasing the concentration of CO2 in the air, then the oceans would absorb more and more CO2. If the oceans can no longer keep pace, then more CO2 will remain into the atmosphere. As water warms, its ability to absorb CO2 is reduced.

CO2 is a good transmitter of sunlight, but partially restricts infrared radiation going back from the earth into space. This produces the so-called greenhouse effect that prevents a drastic cooling of the Earth during the night. Increasing the amount of CO2 in the atmosphere reinforces this effect and is expected to result in a warming of the Earth's surface. Currently carbon dioxide is responsible for 57% of the global warming trend. Nitrogen oxides contribute most of the atmospheric contaminants.

It's a "reward tool"?

Yet... "The idea is to incentivize clean technology over fossil fuels by putting a price on carbon..."

Why not target each and every automobile as a point-source of carbon emmissions? Aren't they collectively the largest polluter?

It's a nail in the coffin all right.

I've been to Cali three times. I was transferred there and stayed for 4 months. Requested a transfer out after sitting in traffic for several hours every day.

I went back once for a wedding and another time to visit my brother.

This sounds like exactly the kind of law that the folks who would like this kind of law would like.

There is no group more richly deserving of this kind of law than those who would approve of it.

The voters could have stopped this in the last election. I tried to convince everyone I talked to vote yes on the proposition that would have stopped this. The STUPID voters NEVER read the voters information packet and all the add's said it would help "big oil" so it failed. We have such stupid voters in this state (the product of years of illegal immigration).

It's a "reward tool"?

Yet... "The idea is to incentivize clean technology over fossil fuels by putting a price on carbon..."

Why not target each and every automobile as a point-source of carbon emmissions? Aren't they collectively the largest polluter?

ive been saying this for years, but they need to put the $ into the public transportation infrastructure. the reason most people drive in the greater LA area, is because there is no other efficient means of transportation. if they develop either a rail or rail/subway combination that is cheap and efficient, then many people will cease to use their cars.

but.....building such a system in LA would cost billions that the city, county and state doesnt have.

It's a "reward tool"?

ive been saying this for years, but they need to put the $ into the public transportation infrastructure. the reason most people drive in the greater LA area, is because there is no other efficient means of transportation. if they develop either a rail or rail/subway combination that is cheap and efficient, then many people will cease to use their cars.

but.....building such a system in LA would cost billions that the city, county and state doesnt have.

yeah man, then we can all be like friggen cattle riding on a rail car to slaughter.
:lol:

It's a "reward tool"?

yeah man, then we can all be like friggen cattle riding on a rail car to slaughter.

Please stop posting. I'm not asking because we have different political views, I'm asking because your posts just don't make any sense. I actually cringe for you every time you post. :eusa_shhh:

Please stop posting. I'm not asking because we have different political views, I'm asking because your posts just don't make any sense. I actually cringe for you every time you post. :eusa_shhh:

awww, poor thang. how bout I ask you to shut the hell up and go bug someone else.:lol:

Forum List

Back