Calif. set to adopt sweeping cap-and-trade rules

It's a "reward tool"?

Yet... "The idea is to incentivize clean technology over fossil fuels by putting a price on carbon..."

Why not target each and every automobile as a point-source of carbon emmissions? Aren't they collectively the largest polluter?

It's a nail in the coffin all right.

ive been saying this for years, but they need to put the $ into the public transportation infrastructure. the reason most people drive in the greater LA area, is because there is no other efficient means of transportation. if they develop either a rail or rail/subway combination that is cheap and efficient, then many people will cease to use their cars.

but.....building such a system in LA would cost billions that the city, county and state doesnt have.

yeah man, then we can all be like friggen cattle riding on a rail car to slaughter.
:lol:

just like it is in new york, washington dc, boston and chicago. all terrible reasons to have public transportation. :anj_stfu:

ive been saying this for years, but they need to put the $ into the public transportation infrastructure. the reason most people drive in the greater LA area, is because there is no other efficient means of transportation. if they develop either a rail or rail/subway combination that is cheap and efficient, then many people will cease to use their cars.

but.....building such a system in LA would cost billions that the city, county and state doesnt have.

yeah man, then we can all be like friggen cattle riding on a rail car to slaughter.

just like it is in new york, washington dc, boston and chicago. all terrible reasons to have public transportation. :anj_stfu:

well, it's THEIR CHOICE TO LIVE THERE, isn't it?
what about all them people who don't live in cramped cities? what do you propose for them. horse and buggy?:lol:

what about all them people who don't live in cramped cities? what do you propose for them. horse and buggy?:lol:

youre really an idoit arent you?
1 - i never said to get rid of car for everyone
2 - a public transportation system in LA is needed, but would be extremely expensive
3 - I LIVE IN LA, if you dont then :anj_stfu:
4 - people who dont live in major urbans areas arent affected by this conversation. so again :anj_stfu:

:eusa_pray:

You're the one who proposed getting rid of all cars, remember? Not us.

2 - a public transportation system in LA is needed, but would be extremely expensive
4 - people who dont live in major urbans areas arent affected by this conversation. so again :anj_stfu:

don't blow a gasket.
I've lived in California so I spose I can "comment" on it.
and I do believe I have a thing called, Freedom of speech. :lol:

don't blow a gasket.

you may believe in freedom of speech, but your speech is full of bullshit and lies. youre basically an imbecile.

and if you didnt live in LA, you have no standing at all.

CA is doing everything it can to drive itself into post-developed world, collapsed economy status.

I had lunch with a friend earlier this week who is in the process of a job search. One of his recent interviews (for a senior executive position) was with a large Private Equity Fund. This fund's POLICY is to move any companies in which it invests or purchases out of California due to the oppressive regulatory environment and high cost of doing business.

The beneficiaries of these moves are states like Texas.

Lopsided BS

"Coral reefs, nature’s most lively architecture, could come tumbling down and it could take millions of years for them to return, if carbon dioxide emissions aren’t cut quickly, scientists warned today." CO2 Pollution Could Erase Coral Reefs | Wired Science | Wired.com

Note the use of the word 'could'. In other words they are guessing at best, but you assumed that they meant 'will'.

The primary air pollutants found in most urban areas are carbon monoxide, nitrogen oxides, sulfur oxides, hydrocarbons, and particulate matter (both solid and liquid). These pollutants are dispersed throughout the world's atmosphere in concentrations high enough to gradually cause serious health problems. Serious health problems can occur quickly when air pollutants are concentrated, such as when massive injections of sulfur dioxide and suspended particulate matter are emitted by a large volcanic eruption."

No mention of CO2

And wikipedia is a shit source.

Just b/c some lefty goons want to make billions off of cap and trade, doesn't mean they won't stretch the truth, right?

is this better:
Carbon Dioxide

Carbon dioxide (CO2) is one of the major pollutants in the atmosphere. Major sources of CO2 are fossil fuels burning and deforestation. "The concentrations of CO2 in the air around 1860 before the effects of industrialization were felt, is assumed to have been about 290 parts per million (ppm). In the hundred years and more since then, the concentration has increased by about 30 to 35 ppm that is by 10 percent". (Breuer 67) Industrial countries account for 65% of CO2 emissions with the United States and Soviet Union responsible for 50%. Less developed countries (LDCs), with 80% of the world's people, are responsible for 35% of CO2 emissions but may contribute 50% by 2020. "Carbon dioxide emissions are increasing by 4% a year". (Miller 450)

In 1975, 18 thousand million tons of carbon dioxide (equivalent to 5 thousand million tons of carbon) were released into the atmosphere, but the atmosphere showed an increase of only 8 billion tons (equivalent to 2.2 billion tons of carbon". (Breuer 70) The ocean waters contain about sixty times more CO2 than the atmosphere. If the equilibrium is disturbed by externally increasing the concentration of CO2 in the air, then the oceans would absorb more and more CO2. If the oceans can no longer keep pace, then more CO2 will remain into the atmosphere. As water warms, its ability to absorb CO2 is reduced.

CO2 is a good transmitter of sunlight, but partially restricts infrared radiation going back from the earth into space. This produces the so-called greenhouse effect that prevents a drastic cooling of the Earth during the night. Increasing the amount of CO2 in the atmosphere reinforces this effect and is expected to result in a warming of the Earth's surface. Currently carbon dioxide is responsible for 57% of the global warming trend. Nitrogen oxides contribute most of the atmospheric contaminants.

35 ppm is 0.000035 of the air, or .0035% of the air. You truly want to see industry, ALL forms of industry crushed for .0035%?

don't blow a gasket.

you may believe in freedom of speech, but your speech is full of bullshit and lies. youre basically an imbecile.

LOL, and you call me an idiot and imbecile..:eusa_whistle:

It's a "reward tool"?

Yet... "The idea is to incentivize clean technology over fossil fuels by putting a price on carbon..."

Why not target each and every automobile as a point-source of carbon emmissions? Aren't they collectively the largest polluter?

And now, never will. No industry can thrive in such a harsh system, except for the systems they are rewarding. Which are decades behind being able to fuel a city the size of LA

35 ppm is 0.000035 of the air, or .0035% of the air. You truly want to see industry, ALL forms of industry crushed for .0035%?

i work for an OEM and construction company, and this wont affect us at all. it wont affect a lot of small businesses. it will only affect gross polluters.

not every business is gonna jump ship just because of this new regulation, california is always in the forefront, this is just another case. and the people approved this bill, not just the legislature.

What happens to plant life on Earth if we get rid of CO2?

don't blow a gasket.

Steph, should I remind you of this little gem you posted. I wouldn't be criticizing someone for forgetting an apostrophe when you are FAR from being educated.

Stephanie in all her Glory

It's a "reward tool"?

And now, never will. No industry can thrive in such a harsh system, except for the systems they are rewarding. Which are decades behind being able to fuel a city the size of LA

i think one day, there might be a viable option for public transportation, but the people will have to demand it. its probably 10-15 years off if the growth in the LA area continues.

i work for an OEM and construction company, and this wont affect us at all. it wont affect a lot of small businesses. it will only affect gross polluters.

not every business is gonna jump ship just because of this new regulation, california is always in the forefront, this is just another case. and the people approved this bill, not just the legislature.

Gawd, you are stupid.

You are correct about one thing, in the same way that a broken clock is right twice a day.

CA is in the forefront - in the forefront of a Greek Style Debt and Budget Crisis.

It's a "reward tool"?

What?

I ride the bus everyday to work and car pool home.

I don't understand how hard it would be to bring in a Bus company and set up routes.

Steph, should I remind you of this little gem you posted. I wouldn't be criticizing someone for forgetting an apostrophe when you are FAR from being educated.

if she actually reads any of my posts, i rarely use capital letters or apostrophes because you can type faster that way. and im not the only one who does it. she just doesnt have anything else to argue about because shes knows that she is simply wrong and keeps digging a deeper hole for her.
:dig:

if she actually reads any of my posts, i rarely use capital letters or apostrophes because you can type faster that way. and im not the only one who does it. she just doesnt have anything else to argue about because shes knows that she is simply wrong and keeps digging a deeper hole for her.
:dig:

Oh I know. I just love the fact that SHE of ALL people even attempted to call someone out for spelling/grammar. F*#king Amazing!

Forum List

Back