Calif High Speed Rail project derailed

Mr.asshole believes America shouldn't build anything anymore.

The guy has no faith...This asshole is named todd!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luKmSLXukaw

You did not address the cost concerns. From where does the money come to build the thing.
And don't say
"Bonds"....Those are obligations which must be satisfied with tax dollars.
So unless there is ( after the customary cost over runs, delays and the unions wanting their asses kissed) a huge pile of money just waiting to be spent, this thing is someone's dream.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luKmSLXukaw

Instead of wasting money on a rail road that no one will use because it goes from nowhere, to nowhere, we put that money in fusion research. How's that for ya!

Liberals are like children. There is no concept of prior experience. So prioritzing two projects which compete for the same source of funding is met with "Let's do both of them".

The State of California is being governed by 12 year olds.

Keystone Pipeline
The oil from the Keystone Pipeline is not destined for the US markets. If it were for the US market there would be no need to run it to Houston. There are refineries in several US states where the oil could be refined and then sent on to the various states. The pipeline is carrying the oil to Houston because Houston is a major shipping port for oil. It would make better sense to build the pipeline to Vancouver or to somewhere along the St. Lawrence Seaway. But that would mean running the line over Canadian soil and I suspect the Canadians are smart enough to know that they want to avoid that at all costs. "Let America pay the price WHEN there is a big leak."

<arrogant youtube omitted>
This needs an unspin machine interpretation:

It's too expensive. Let's find a fiscally responsible conservative and impose the blame game on him in the most egregious means possible--claimed celebrity dissing along with a couple of taboo terms and misrepresentations.

No person I know of has more faith in winning concepts, his nation, and his framer's ideals than todd, the patriot. Discerning good in the marketplace and in the public sector has to be governed by a code so sacred to the public good to assure those dependent on the good judgment of elected officials that the taxable item under scrutiny will deliver a cost-effective benefit for the greater good, and those desiring that everybody else is financially responsible for a pet rock project have to make the solid case that tapping the taxpayer for it will deliver more benefits than it cost and establish a revenue that will help the government safely and efficiently maintain it in a way that will not break people's backs.

Take a hard look at how much the average Californian pays--the highest costs in real estate, the highest state taxes, the most expensive educational system designed to improve guest aliens laboring in the state and residents.

Can Californians afford another tax hike after being tapped for the highest federal income tax in history aka "affordable" (that's a laugh) health care perpetrated on the entire country by Californian Nancy Pelosi, mega millionaire, who has quite lost touch with reality in the luxuries she has heaped on herself--free flight service for her bipolar political swoops via the United States Air Force; cramming the highest tax on Americans to date in a 2500 white paper bill that gave Congress 2 weeks only to read and finally cracking the whip with the words "Don't read the bill, just pass to see what's in it (later)."

It takes a responsible citizen to cut through all that redistribution bullshit being perpetrated in Congress to assure taxpayers they will not be ripped off again.

50 cities in this nation have either gone bankrupt or are tottering on the brink. A quarter of those unfortunate cities are in California--Stockton, Mammoth Lakes, Fresno, Oakland, San Jose, Compton, et al en districtia.

In other words, whoever wants something has to pay for it themselves because everybody else is taxed to the nines.

Men of reason know and support the user fee. Even I don't see how California can come up with nonexistent funds to pay the workers who would have done such a wonderful thing as provide a system to lower the heinous pollution in the Golden State's San Fernando Valley and beyond that causes life-threatening lung disorders to everyone inhaling.

Last edited:
I've been in LA and their road system is gridlocked. They need light rail projects not high speed rail.

There are not enough population centers between LA and SF to justify a high speed link

I've been in LA and their road system is gridlocked. They need light rail projects not high speed rail.

There are not enough population centers between LA and SF to justify a high speed link

Correct. LIght rail carries the right amount of people. Is the cheapest to build and operate.
The problem with LA and environs is the cost to buy the land to build the rails is standing in the way...
But, you're correct. The Los Angeles Metro area is in dire need of more mass transit.

Keystone Pipeline
The oil from the Keystone Pipeline is not destined for the US markets. If it were for the US market there would be no need to run it to Houston. There are refineries in several US states where the oil could be refined and then sent on to the various states. The pipeline is carrying the oil to Houston because Houston is a major shipping port for oil. It would make better sense to build the pipeline to Vancouver or to somewhere along the St. Lawrence Seaway. But that would mean running the line over Canadian soil and I suspect the Canadians are smart enough to know that they want to avoid that at all costs. "Let America pay the price WHEN there is a big leak."

I will preface my response with...What the hell does the Keystone XL pipeline have to do with the subject matter of this thread?

No respond to your commentary...Oh please stop the chicken little nonsense.
My gut tells me you're just another Obamabot lib who opposes Keystone because your Messiah opposes it. I think you are full of shit.
Because if someone offered you a job making over $100k ( typical of those working in the oil and gas business) helping to build or become a permanent employee for Keystone, you know God damned well you be pleading for the pipeline to be built.

Forum List

Back