Calif. cities eye plan to seize mortgages

Calif. cities eye plan to seize mortgages - Yahoo! News

Makes sense to me; cities, counties and homeowners are suffering and the banks, which were complicit in this entire housing bubble burst, have thus far not only escaped penalties, they've benefited with a bailout of taxpayer's money.

It is crazy how some of you liberals seem to think you are very intligent, but yet the rest of us are marveled at how GAWD DAMN stupid some of you actually are.

Have you ever tried to figure out how the housing crisis began, and who is ACTUALLY to blame?

Im not explaining it to you... but damn you are way off Wry.

• Banned

Makes sense to me; cities, counties and homeowners are suffering and the banks, which were complicit in this entire housing bubble burst, have thus far not only escaped penalties, they've benefited with a bailout of taxpayer's money.

It is crazy how some of you liberals seem to think you are very intligent, but yet the rest of us are marveled at how GAWD DAMN stupid some of you actually are.

Have you ever tried to figure out how the housing crisis began, and who is ACTUALLY to blame?

Im not explaining it to you... but damn you are way off Wry.

I wish you would (explain it to me; I've always enjoyed fiction, particularly historical fiction).

Totally destroying the housing market makes sense to you? You do understand that government meddling in the market is what caused the problem we have, don't you?

http://blogs.wsj.com/developments/2...s-could-affect-7-billion-in-bonds-fitch-says/

Last edited:

Totally destroying the housing market makes sense to you? You do understand that government meddling in the market is what caused the problem we have, don't you?

California Mortgage Seizures Could Affect $7 Billion in Bonds, Fitch Says - Developments - WSJ

People do seem to forget that, don't they?

California Mortgage Seizures Could Affect $7 Billion in Bonds, Fitch Says - Developments - WSJ

Of course not; if you believe government caused the problem you're a fool (and isn't that what the GOP counts on?).

But before I'm totally convicted you're a fool - I'm 99% sure you are - explain why the government caused the housing bubble to burst. Don't simply write it's the fault of Frank and Dodd, or the greed of people who bought homes they coudn't afford, it's a bit more complicated than that. Try, and I know that would be unique for you, to think; convince me you're not the parrot your appear to be.

Last edited:

leninsmile4pv.jpg

Of course not; if you believe government caused the problem you're a fool (and isn't that what the GOP counts on?).

But before I'm totally convicted you're a fool - I'm 99% sure you are - explain why the government caused the housing bubble to burst. Don't simply write it's the fault of Frank and Dodd, or the greed of people who bought homes they coudn't afford, it's a bit more complicated than that. Try, and I know that would be unique for you, to think; convince me you're not the parrot your appear to be.

Funny, I don't remember saying the government caused the problem.

Wait a second, I didn't, I said government meddling in the market caused it. Figure out the difference and we might be able to actually discuss issues here.

For a small but of history, the government actively encouraged the housing bubble. The thing about bubbles is they burst, that is inevitable. The bigger the bubble, the bigger the mess, and the government was trying to make the housing bubble big enough to drive the entire economy.

Wait a second, I didn't, I said government meddling in the market caused it. Figure out the difference and we might be able to actually discuss issues here.

For a small but of history, the government actively encouraged the housing bubble. The thing about bubbles is they burst, that is inevitable. The bigger the bubble, the bigger the mess, and the government was trying to make the housing bubble big enough to drive the entire economy.

Grow up. The facts are: 1. the government encouraged home ownership; 2) Banks and Mortagage Brokers abused this policy for personal gain, granted mortagages to every warm body and sold what they knew were poor risks in bundles; 3) Bush and his advisers knew shit would one day hit the fan and did nothing; 4) today people like you blame everyone but those who created the mess; and 5) people who do so are dishonest (yea, I'm being nice).

Grow up. The facts are: 1. the government encouraged home ownership; 2) Banks and Mortagage Brokers abused this policy for personal gain, granted mortagages to every warm body and sold what they knew were poor risks in bundles; 3) Bush and his advisers knew shit would one day hit the fan and did nothing; 4) today people like you blame everyone but those who created the mess; and 5) people who do so are dishonest (yea, I'm being nice).

You forgot a step.

Mortgage Hits Keep Coming, Wells Fargo Pays $175 Million To Settle Discriminatory Lending Case - Forbes

You know, I think this us a great idea! Two years ago I bought a new car, and an evil banker twisted my arm to take out a 5 year loan at 2.8%. Now I have three years left to pay and it's not worth what I owe on it! This is severely impacting my ability to buy cheap stuff from China at Walmart. I also have some credit card debt on stuff that's no longer worth anything; getting rid of that would REALLY help the economy. Just give me a little advance notice; might as well run the cards up to the limit first. This will be a tremendous boon for the economy (well, except for those darn investors; I guess they'll know better than to provide financing in California again! But they're evil anyway, right? Mostly those evil pension funds investing for the future retirement of teachers, policemen and firefighters).

Forum List

Back