Cairo in Madison, Wisconson

You do understand that the vote on Obamacare was with the US congress and not the Wisconsin legislature? The rules for the US congress and the Wisconsin legislature are different. In particular, the strategy of vacating the building and forestalling the vote was not available to the Republicans in the US congress. If it had been, wouldn't you, as a dogmatic conservative, wanted the Republicans to employ every means available to prevent Obamacare.

It is simply politics. The governor will not negotiate so the Democrats are hoping to pressure him back to the bargaining table. Politics is said to be the art of compromise, something a good portion of the republican party seems to have forgotten.

Rude and stupid is a poor way to go through life.

But overwhelmingly the sentiment among US VOTERS was negative when they rammed OCARE into law...didn't stop them did it?

Where was the bargaining for the American people? That's right...there wasn't...sit in the back of the bus and shut up.

You do realize that the US is a republic and that there was an election in 2008? The people did not vote on health care, their representatives did. This was a campaign issue in 2008. In addition I am not sure that an overwhelming majority of American did not want some reform in health care. I also believe that President Obama attempted to work with republicans on this issue for many months, unsuccessfully.

Sit in the back of the bus and shut up.....empty rhetoric. Now address my point in my previous post, the Wisconsin legislature does have different ruiles than the US congress.

Wrong. The GOP was virtually shut out at every turn. The democrats refused to even acknowledge GOP attempts to have input on the health care bill.
In fact, the democrats cobbled the bill together behind closed doors. Many of the decisions made in secret.
I am not going out on a limb in not thinking the Wisconsin legislature's rules contain allowing senators or representatives the ability to run and hide from voting by leaving the state en mass.

How are the circumstances different?

And don't go jumping on the first short bus out of town to avoid answering!

You do understand that the vote on Obamacare was with the US congress and not the Wisconsin legislature? The rules for the US congress and the Wisconsin legislature are different. In particular, the strategy of vacating the building and forestalling the vote was not available to the Republicans in the US congress. If it had been, wouldn't you, as a dogmatic conservative, wanted the Republicans to employ every means available to prevent Obamacare.

It is simply politics. The governor will not negotiate so the Democrats are hoping to pressure him back to the bargaining table. Politics is said to be the art of compromise, something a good portion of the republican party seems to have forgotten.

Nice attempt at a Dean Wormer impression.
The governor nor does the legislature have to negotiate anything. The people of Wisconsin changed the personnel in Madison because they wanted people there who look out for their interests. That is where the negotiation took place. At the voting polls.
The party in power does not have to negotiate. The minority party must do that.
Negotiate. Funny how you libs ignore that concept when your side has the majority in government. When dems are the minority party, all we hear is "bi-partisanship' and compromise"....Baloney.

The governor of Wisconsin does not have to negotiate anything, if he can get the legislature to vote so he can sign the bill. Unfortunately the legislature needs 20 representatives to vote and there are only 19 republicans. I remember when there was talk of a senate filabuster to prevent healthcare passing because the democrats did not have 60 votes to prevent it.

"Funny how you libs" kind of proves my point. Wouldn't it be nice to simplify the whole policy process that characterizing all liberals as this and all conservatives as that. The truth is that BOTH parties will use what means are available to them to achive their goals. That includes that whole death panel scare campaign the republicans instituted against the health care bill.I see little negotiation going on between both parties, but I do see the republican party tossing out some of their middle of the road representatives in primaries which further reduces the odds for any compromise.

BTW, you make an assumption that I am a liberal. I would classify myself as a moderate. However, to the neo-conservatives, everyone who does not stand with them, stands to the left.

The governor nor does the legislature have to negotiate anything. The people of Wisconsin changed the personnel in Madison because they wanted people there who look out for their interests. That is where the negotiation took place. At the voting polls.
Negotiate. Funny how you libs ignore that concept when your side has the majority in government. When dems are the minority party, all we hear is "bi-partisanship' and compromise"....Baloney.

The governor of Wisconsin does not have to negotiate anything, if he can get the legislature to vote so he can sign the bill. Unfortunately the legislature needs 20 representatives to vote and there are only 19 republicans. I remember when there was talk of a senate filabuster to prevent healthcare passing because the democrats did not have 60 votes to prevent it.

"Funny how you libs" kind of proves my point. Wouldn't it be nice to simplify the whole policy process that characterizing all liberals as this and all conservatives as that. The truth is that BOTH parties will use what means are available to them to achive their goals. That includes that whole death panel scare campaign the republicans instituted against the health care bill.I see little negotiation going on between both parties, but I do see the republican party tossing out some of their middle of the road representatives in primaries which further reduces the odds for any compromise.

BTW, you make an assumption that I am a liberal. I would classify myself as a moderate. However, to the neo-conservatives, everyone who does not stand with them, stands to the left.
wow
the neocon is a moderate, not a conservative

wow

What a selective response. By neo-conservative I merely meant the right wing of the republican party that ousts any moderate influence. Perhaps I have my semantics wrong.

Of course I have not wasted my life with 46,000 posts. I suggest reading a book as a more constructive use of your time.

I will ask again: If you were against the healthcare bill, would you not have wanted those representatives in congress against it to use every means at their disposal to prevent it from passing, or at least to negotiate with the party in power? The Wisconsin democrats are merely doing the same. They are not cowards and to label them as such merely demonstrates a lack of intelligence.

Will the Wisconsin democrats tactics be successful? I highly doubt it. It is more an act of desperation, but they are trying.

But overwhelmingly the sentiment among US VOTERS was negative when they rammed OCARE into law...didn't stop them did it?

Where was the bargaining for the American people? That's right...there wasn't...sit in the back of the bus and shut up.

You do realize that the US is a republic and that there was an election in 2008? The people did not vote on health care, their representatives did. This was a campaign issue in 2008. In addition I am not sure that an overwhelming majority of American did not want some reform in health care. I also believe that President Obama attempted to work with republicans on this issue for many months, unsuccessfully.

Sit in the back of the bus and shut up.....empty rhetoric. Now address my point in my previous post, the Wisconsin legislature does have different ruiles than the US congress.

Wrong. The GOP was virtually shut out at every turn. The democrats refused to even acknowledge GOP attempts to have input on the health care bill.
In fact, the democrats cobbled the bill together behind closed doors. Many of the decisions made in secret.
I am not going out on a limb in not thinking the Wisconsin legislature's rules contain allowing senators or representatives the ability to run and hide from voting by leaving the state en mass.

And not to mention the sweetheart deals Obama gave teetering Congresscritters for their vote al-la the "New Lousiana Purchase", and the "Cornhusker Kickback"...

Different set of circumstances. Given a similar set of circumstances politically, republicans would have had the political saavy to do the exact same thing. Do you really believe there is some vast moral difference between republicans and democrats? That somehow republicans are courageous warriors and democrats are cowards?

The trouble is that right wing conservatives listen to FOX news and right wing talk radio thus causing them to confuse rhetoric for reason. Does anyone actually believe that a characters like Rush Limbaugh or Sarah Palin have anything to offer this country? They simply feed on some conservative people's unwillingness to think, while enriching their own bank accounts.

Your assertion that GOP legislators would run and hide when they've never given any indication of ever doing so is at best amusing.
Political savvy? No. Cowardice and desperation on the part of Wisconsin's democrat senators.
Look, they cannot stay away forever. Perhaps the Wisconsin governor should do what the Texas governor did when democrat legislators ran off and hid to prevent a vote, he had them arrested.
Newsflash, this fight was over before it began. Democrats must take their medicine and go on to the next issue. If you believe angry taxpayers are going to forget this and forget about wanting government to rein in this kind of insane spending, forget it. This is not going away.
and if WI voters are the same as TX voters, this wont be good for those dems come the next election

They are sewing the seeds of their own demise. Stand by for Government shutdown.

wow

What a selective response. By neo-conservative I merely meant the right wing of the republican party that ousts any moderate influence. Perhaps I have my semantics wrong.

Of course I have not wasted my life with 46,000 posts. I suggest reading a book as a more constructive use of your time.

I will ask again: If you were against the healthcare bill, would you not have wanted those representatives in congress against it to use every means at their disposal to prevent it from passing, or at least to negotiate with the party in power? The Wisconsin democrats are merely doing the same. They are not cowards and to label them as such merely demonstrates a lack of intelligence.

Will the Wisconsin democrats tactics be successful? I highly doubt it. It is more an act of desperation, but they are trying.
neocon are NOT right wing

Forum List

Back