Cain: Doctor's Name Sounded 'Too Foreign'

Remember that Sanford and Son episode where Fred goes to the Dentist and is upset to see a Black Dentist step into the room to examine him? The Black Dentist senses what's happening and sends in a White Dentist that makes Fred feel better about it.

I would have been shocked to just see a Black Dentist! :lol:

Sidebar: My father is a Dentist and a couple of years ago I went with him to the California Dental Association Convention in Anaheim (which wasn't as boring as you may think, it was actually pretty interesting) Any way as we're walking around I notice that the VAST MAJORITY of the Dentists there were either White or Asian! I think I saw maybe 1 or 2 Black Dentists. And I didn't talk to them so I they could have been from another country.

My Dad is also National Board Certified meaning he can practice in all 50 states. Well he went to a Convention of Nationally Certified Dentists and he told me he was the only white guy there! Everyone was either Asian or Indian!

Sorry for getting off on a tangent, it seemed appropriate given the subject. For some reason.

Remember that Sanford and Son episode where Fred goes to the Dentist and is upset to see a Black Dentist step into the room to examine him? The Black Dentist senses what's happening and sends in a White Dentist that makes Fred feel better about it.

I would have been shocked to just see a Black Dentist! :lol:

Sidebar: My father is a Dentist and a couple of years ago I went with him to the California Dental Association Convention in Anaheim (which wasn't as boring as you may think, it was actually pretty interesting) Any way as we're walking around I notice that the VAST MAJORITY of the Dentists there were either White or Asian! I think I saw maybe 1 or 2 Black Dentists. And I didn't talk to them so I they could have been from another country.

My Dad is also National Board Certified meaning he can practice in all 50 states. Well he went to a Convention of Nationally Certified Dentists and he told me he was the only white guy there! Everyone was either Asian or Indian!

Sorry for getting off on a tangent, it seemed appropriate given the subject. For some reason.

When I was about to have surgery years ago, After I was semi drugged, the surgeons came in and introduced themselves again. Being so uninhibited after hearing the American names, I let out with a , "Great! Not a terrorist in the bunch!"

I didn't remember the comment or scene, but I certainly heard about it from friends later on. I profusely apologized to all later! You never know what's going to be on your mind when you are not censoring it!

Forum List

Back