Airlines Worry Frustrations With Security Contributing To Decline In Travel...

paulitician

Platinum Member
Oct 7, 2011
Really? Gee,what a bunch of braniacs they have at these Airlines. Groping old ladies & children and forcing people to walk around in their socks? Yea nothing too humiliating about that. Why would anyone want to fly at this point?

Screening still a pain at Airports,fliers say...

The lines will still be long and the screening still invasive at airport checkpoints this Thanksgiving.

While the government has made some changes to security procedures, many passengers and travel executives contend that the moves do not go far enough.

Since last November, the Transportation Security Administration has adopted a policy to reduce pat-downs of children 12 and under, altered some body scanners to display a generic outline of a human figure and begun testing programs that offer expedited screening to pilots and select frequent fliers.

Still, some travelers are bothered by a screening process that has become increasingly time-consuming and intimate, and industry representatives say they are worried that these frustrations are contributing to a decline in air travel.

The Air Transport Association expects 2 percent fewer people will fly this Thanksgiving week compared with last year, while AAA projects a 4 percent increase in automobile travel.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/11/22/business/airport-screening-is-still-a-pain-fliers-complain.html?hp
http://drudgereport.com/

Last edited:
These days I'll drive 4-5 hours rather than put up with the hassle of airports as well as what seems like a lot of morons traveling these days who don't know the ropes and tend to slow things down as well.

It's not a big deal to me as there aren't a lot of direct flight destinations from where I live, so making connections often add an hour or more to the travel time wherever I'm headed. Plus I've always enjoyed driving so it's no inconvenience for me at all.

Of course the rising ticket prices and reduction of disposable income has nothing to do with the airtravel slowdown?

These days I'll drive 4-5 hours rather than put up with the hassle of airports as well as what seems like a lot of morons traveling these days who don't know the ropes and tend to slow things down as well.

It's not a big deal to me as there aren't a lot of direct flight destinations from where I live, so making connections often add an hour or more to the travel time wherever I'm headed. Plus I've always enjoyed driving so it's no inconvenience for me at all.

I hear ya. I feel the same way.

Of course the rising ticket prices and reduction of disposable income has nothing to do with the airtravel slowdown?

Yea that has to play a big part in it too. But i must admit watching Americans standing around in their socks waiting to be poked & prodded is pretty depressing. Not a very fun experience. I would drive if it's possible.

Ya' think?!

Some of us are old enough to remember when flying was actually FUN.

Now it has all the charm of a visit to a Federal prison only with more personal indignities attached to your visit.

Ya' think?!

Now it has all the charm of a visit to a Federal prison only with more personal indignities attached to your visit.

And not just security, but the airlines themselves.

Ya' think?!

lol! Yea i stood in line one time and just took a look around at the miserable looks on people's faces and it really was depressing. Lots of indignities involved. I recommend driving when possible. It'll be much more pleasant.

Really? Gee,what a bunch of braniacs they have at these Airlines. Groping old ladies & children and forcing people to walk around in their socks? Yea nothing too humiliating about that. Why would anyone want to fly at this point?

Screening still a pain at Airports,fliers say...

The lines will still be long and the screening still invasive at airport checkpoints this Thanksgiving.

While the government has made some changes to security procedures, many passengers and travel executives contend that the moves do not go far enough.

Since last November, the Transportation Security Administration has adopted a policy to reduce pat-downs of children 12 and under, altered some body scanners to display a generic outline of a human figure and begun testing programs that offer expedited screening to pilots and select frequent fliers.

Still, some travelers are bothered by a screening process that has become increasingly time-consuming and intimate, and industry representatives say they are worried that these frustrations are contributing to a decline in air travel.

The Air Transport Association expects 2 percent fewer people will fly this Thanksgiving week compared with last year, while AAA projects a 4 percent increase in automobile travel.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/11/22/business/airport-screening-is-still-a-pain-fliers-complain.html?hp
DRUDGE REPORT 2012®

I read one report that the airlines were reducing the number of flights and the number of available seats.. so they got no worries except their fabricated ones..

Because airlines have reduced thousands of available seats, low-fare airline tickets for the busiest days surrounding Thanksgiving and Christmas will go quickly, experts say, leaving only high-priced seats or fares for flights several days before or after the holidays.

Last edited:
Back before the security issues I used to fly a lot between Tampa and Atlanta.
Many times I could have gotten home faster by driving.

How long before they start begging for Bailouts? Too big to fail? Hmm?

I think of flying the same way I think of going to the doctors. Something you hate to do but sometimes you have to do!! I would rather drive and unless its an emergency situation I will never fly because of what the TSA does to people.

And can they please figure out the shoe thing? My God,watching good Americans walking around in their socks like pathetic morons really is pretty humiliating. How many years and how much cash have they had to figure it out? SHEESH!

We've reached some new lows for sure. Taking the Bus is probably a better alternative now. :(

Forum List

Back