Cable or Dish?

Skull Pilot

Diamond Member
Nov 17, 2007
I have had cable for years and I am considering changing to dish for my TV. I'm keeping cable for internet because it's faster.

Quite frankly I am sick of my cable company. The customer service blows and lately the reception seems to suck and the higher tier channels seem to not work occasionally.

And since I DVR most of the shows I watch, the 2 show at a time limit for cable is annoying

Any feedback on Dish?

I've had terrible experiences with Dish and I wouldn't use their service if it were free.

Of course that's just me, I'm sure plenty of people love Dish.

I have had Dish for years.
I have never had any bad experiences with them.
Dish has more programs than Direct TV and Dish keeps the costs down as much as possible.
If you become a new customer you can get the hopper and you can record up to 6 programs at the same time.

I have Direct. Could not be happier. Had dish, it sucked.. If it thought it was going to cloud up, I lost reception. Stick with cable or go Direct, not dish.. plus they dont cave.. Direct does :)

I'm keeping my cable. We get it for free. When cable was first installed in our neighborhood (long before we bought our house), some lawyer who lived nearby negotiated free cable in perpetuity for our neighborhood loop. It comes with the property rights. The cable has gone through a couple of aquisitions (viacom, then comcast). Both times I had to file complaints to get the credits on the bills.

We're locked in as long as we stay in our house.

Get Direct....we used to have Dish and had a lot of problems. They had also talked us into getting their satellite internet because all we could get in our area was dial-up (even tho we're only like 2 miles out of town!) and that SUCKED! Nobody told us how you only get so much bandwidth for internet and we would use it up before the end of the month! I was pissed! I ended up turning them in to BBB...next thing i knew i got out of my contract with them! Of course it isn't just Dish internet that does that, any satellite internet is that way, but we didn't know that.

I have had cable for years and I am considering changing to dish for my TV. I'm keeping cable for internet because it's faster.

Quite frankly I am sick of my cable company. The customer service blows and lately the reception seems to suck and the higher tier channels seem to not work occasionally.

And since I DVR most of the shows I watch, the 2 show at a time limit for cable is annoying

Any feedback on Dish?

You must have Comcast.

Any feedback on Dish?

I love DirecTV. And they always have some sort of deal going on.

When we moved here, our apartment faces the wrong direction so we had to go to cable.

Any feedback on Dish?

You must have Comcast.

Charter.

DISH is my favorite. We went to cable a few months ago and changed right back to DISH after a month. We also tried Direct TV and didn't care for the menu system and I asked them to remove it the next day. DISH costs us a bit more then cable TV but we find it to be worth it.

I swore I would never use satellite service for television. Then, in 2009, my wife moved to Albuquerque about three or four months ahead of me and, in the course of setting up the utilites, she got DirectTV. I was pissed.

That was almost four years ago.

I love DirectTV. Best shit ever.

Any feedback on Dish?

I have Bell Satellite for television and DSL for the network.

Forum List

Back