CA Sales Tax Drops 1%

DontBeStupid

Look it up!
Jun 23, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
California taxes: Some California taxes take a dip - latimes.com

Reporting from Sacramento and Los Angeles -- Millions of California shoppers and car owners are in for some rare good news from Sacramento: tax cuts.

Starting Friday, the statewide sales tax rate drops by one percentage point — a penny on the dollar — and the annual vehicle license charge that drivers pay tumbles by 43%.

Well, this will be a good test of "conservative" tax policy.

Why are libs obsessed with taking money from hard-working people? I mean, every time you blink, they're devising new scheme for getting into your wallet in some way shape or form.

Are they just thieves by nature?

Last edited:
Why are libs obsessed with taking money from hard-working people?

I'll give you this. You are consistent. First reply and already you are dodging the subject and trying to de-rail the thread.

:clap2:

Actually, I'm highly consistent with your theme that taking less taxes is a bad thing.

Wanna try again?

Sure. I'll give you another shot to talk about how CA dropping taxes will lead to new jobs and an increase in business. Go for it.

Reporting from Sacramento and Los Angeles -- Millions of California shoppers and car owners are in for some rare good news from Sacramento: tax cuts.

Starting Friday, the statewide sales tax rate drops by one percentage point — a penny on the dollar — and the annual vehicle license charge that drivers pay tumbles by 43%.

:shock:HOLD UP!:shock:

Did I just slip into some kind of parallel universe?

CA is lowering taxes? :disbelief:

what's next? TX bans oil drilling? :lalala:

:420:

I'll give you this. You are consistent. First reply and already you are dodging the subject and trying to de-rail the thread.

Actually, I'm highly consistent with your theme that taking less taxes is a bad thing.

Wanna try again?

Sure. I'll give you another shot to talk about how CA dropping taxes will lead to new jobs and an increase in business. Go for it.

Good luck on that. Right now there's a mass exodus out of Ca.

CA had raised taxes temporarily a few years ago to balance the budget. The Governor wanted to put those taxes on the ballot to allow the voters of CA to decide if they wanted to keep them or not. The GOP said no, the voters are not allowed to decide, and that the taxes should expire, which they did today.

oh, wait. hold on again

Did they also cut spending? b/c if they didn't, this tax cut may not work out as well as they hope.

It may bring people into the state lines to buy things and people that do live there will have a little more money in their pockets.

A family of 4 spends ~ $600 on food a month so they will have enough to go to MacDonalds and get a Bigmac supersized. Considering theres ~ 4 million families in CA, that's a lot of burgers.

I'm sorry, what is up for debate? That they lowered sales taxes 1%? That's like, un-noticeable... How could that create jobs? Do you know how much shit you would have to sell just to get a year’s worth of paycheck money out of it? You would have to be a giant corporation and you would prolly already have shit loads of employees.

Sooo, “you guys” defend Obama’s near Trillion dollar stimulus that didn’t live up to a single claim it said it would do… but you expect 1% off sales tax to create jobs?? Are you for fuckin real?

Did they also cut spending?

The Dems gutted the budget. Big time. And there are triggers in place that there could be additional cuts this year if tax revenue isn't where it needs to be.

Already it has been announced that all CA state colleges will have to raise tuition by 12%. (sarcasm alert) I'm sure that will really prompt people to move here.

Since CA taxes everything, this is a hugely progressive move on taxes.

The deal with sales taxes is they are steeply regressive. Lower income folks pay a larger proportion than higher income persons.

California does not tax any kind of service. It is one of the most steeply regressive tax regimes in the country.

CA had raised taxes temporarily a few years ago to balance the budget. The Governor wanted to put those taxes on the ballot to allow the voters of CA to decide if they wanted to keep them or not. The GOP said no, the voters are not allowed to decide, and that the taxes should expire, which they did today.

The Guvinator wanted people to vote on taxes? but then his own party shot him down?

:lol:

But thanks for clearing up that it wasn't an idea by the dems to lower taxes. I was looking up the suicide hot line number b/c I thought I had seen everything.

Wanna try again?

Wanna take a shot at explaining how draining the private sector creates jobs? Oh, wait, just look at CA, IL, NY, etc.

TX created more Jobs than all other states COMBINED.... and the income tax is $0.

BTW Dontbestupid, your quote of me "Obama wanted to make Bush look bad and destroy the economy ... he did it, Obama destroyed the economy under Bush!" - Avorysuds, 30-June, 2011" was a joke, I explained that and others got it... how is it you missed it? Or is this an example of how stupid you really are... Maybe you named yourself "Dontbestupid" so you see it every time before you post as a reminder that you have a history of making an ass of yourself?

Feel free to keep it though lol, it’s pretty lol that you didn’t understand it’s meaning and took it literally, even after I told you it was a joke haha. I suppose that’s why it’s a quote taken out of context as much as humanly possible lol.

For others it was about the debt ceiling and how Obama voted not to up it under Bush but now gives Reps crap for playing him at the same game. It was in response to people like Dontbestupid and TM claiming that the economy "would start" to recover but won't because the Reps are playing chicken with the debt ceiling... like Obama did under Bush, you know, when everything fell apart. Hence the joke, Obama caused the economy to crash.... lol, it's so easy to understand but lol whatever...

Last edited:

The Dems gutted the budget. Big time. And there are triggers in place that there could be additional cuts this year if tax revenue isn't where it needs to be.

Already it has been announced that all CA state colleges will have to raise tuition by 12%. (sarcasm alert) I'm sure that will really prompt people to move here.

So, let me get this strait.... You, on your own are defending CA for cutting taxes and cutting spending?

BTW Dontbestupid, your quote of me "Obama wanted to make Bush look bad and destroy the economy ... he did it, Obama destroyed the economy under Bush!" - Avorysuds, 30-June, 2011" was a joke, I explained that and others got it... how is it you missed it? Or is this an example of how stupid you really are... Maybe you named yourself "Dontbestupid" so you see it every time before you post as a reminder that you have a history of making an ass of yourself?

Feel free to keep it though lol, it’s pretty lol that you didn’t understand it’s meaning and took it literally, even after I told you it was a joke haha. I suppose that’s why it’s a quote taken out of context as much as humanly possible lol.

DontBeStupid should heed the advice of his own sig.

:lol:

ouchie

We really need to stop the education grants and force colleges to make it on thier own.

People just can't work thier way through anymore.

Good to hear they are making cuts though.

Forum List

Back