easyt65

Diamond Member
Aug 4, 2015
6.5 MAG OFF CA COAST...

MAP...

'GROUND ROLLING'...

SAN ANDREAS WAKES?

"6.5 magnitude quake off the coast of Humboldt County

People reported feeling the earthquake as far away as San Francisco and Santa Cruz. It reportedly hit right on the Mendocino fault line.

Big One coming? Powerful 6.8 magnitude earthquake rocks California
AN EARTHQUAKE has rocked the dangerous San Andreas fault line in California."

If the San Andreas fault 'wakes' and California finally has THE 'big one', perhaps the entire state will just drop off into the ocean or break off and 'float out like an island...like Alcatraz?! :p

6.5 magnitude quake off the coast of Humboldt County

You stupid ass, that is not the San Andreas. That is on the Cascadia subduction zone. At the very southern base of it. And if the fault system is is part of lets go, it could be as large as 9.5.

You stupid ass, that is not the San Andreas. That is on the Cascadia subduction zone. At the very southern base of it. And if the fault system is is part of lets go, it could be as large as 9.5.
Hey asshole, I didn't write the article - take it up with the reporter.

Going to be a lot more than a 9.5. Alaska had a 9.8 and it just dropped 4th 10 feet or so. Government hill (southish of 4th) dropped 5 feet.

Kamchatka-earthquakes.jpg

In Seward, a bit closer to the epicenter, there was only about 4-6' of travel

aeq00070.jpg

(More Alaska quake photos here for those interested - DHSEM Outreach -- The pictures of what we now call Earthquake Park are amazing, basically an entire huge neighborhood on a bluff liquefied and trashed everyone in the area; there were huge spruce trees facing sideways and the houses kind of surfed down the "waves" of earth. Wicked stuff.)

Going to be a lot more than a 9.5. Alaska had a 9.8 and it just dropped 4th 10 feet or so. Government hill (southish of 4th) dropped 5 feet.

Kamchatka-earthquakes.jpg

In Seward, a bit closer to the epicenter, there was only about 4-6' of travel

aeq00070.jpg

(More Alaska quake photos here for those interested - DHSEM Outreach -- The pictures of what we now call Earthquake Park are amazing, basically an entire huge neighborhood on a bluff liquefied and trashed everyone in the area; there were huge spruce trees facing sideways and the houses kind of surfed down the "waves" of earth. Wicked stuff.)
I've visited Seward many times.
I took a photo of a steam tug boat about 100' long. It's laying in a grove of trees about 1/4 mile from the ocean along with a couple of dozen old commercial fishing boats.

6.5 MAG OFF CA COAST...

MAP...

'GROUND ROLLING'...

SAN ANDREAS WAKES?

People reported feeling the earthquake as far away as San Francisco and Santa Cruz. It reportedly hit right on the Mendocino fault line.

If the San Andreas fault 'wakes' and California finally has THE 'big one', perhaps the entire state will just drop off into the ocean or break off and 'float out like an island...like Alcatraz?! :p

you should learn something about earthquakes.....

6.5 MAG OFF CA COAST...

MAP...

'GROUND ROLLING'...

SAN ANDREAS WAKES?

I know about earthquakes. I am not an expert on California Faults. I posted a link about an earthquake off the coast of Ca written by a reporter who I assumed was familiar with the actual details of the story. Thank you for your concern, though.

6.5 MAG OFF CA COAST...

MAP...

'GROUND ROLLING'...

SAN ANDREAS WAKES?

I know about earthquakes. I am not an expert on California Faults. I posted a link about an earthquake off the coast of Ca written by a reporter who I assumed was familiar with the actual details of the story. Thank you for your concern, though.
dont mention it.....im here to help....

And now for the view of someone who's an obvious expert on things sliding into the ocean:

I've visited Seward many times.
I took a photo of a steam tug boat about 100' long. It's laying in a grove of trees about 1/4 mile from the ocean along with a couple of dozen old commercial fishing boats.

My bio-father helped install the electrical grid in Seward and Valdez (yeah I've been up here that long heh)

The quake and tsunami completely wiped Valdez off the map; they actually moved the entire city 4 miles west (pretty sure it was west) after the quake. Kind of a blessing in disguise in a way because now Valdez is where all the oil goes out.

Fun fact; before the quake there was a no shit western style shootout between railroad owners fighting over the terminus for shipping out mining ores - at that time Alaska was just a territory and the US government had required that everything had to be shipped through an American port. Which meant everything from Alaska had to be shipped first to Washington/Oregon/California before it could go anywhere else. Valdez was high on the list because it was closer to the lower 48 than Anchorage (which is tucked into an inlet and required ships to sail all the way around the Kenai peninsula.) If the Federal government hadn't passed that particular law, then Valdez would be nothing more than the mining village it started out as in... I believe it was 1790.

6.5 MAG OFF CA COAST...

MAP...

'GROUND ROLLING'...

SAN ANDREAS WAKES?

Go GOD!

Forum List

Back