C,mon, fess up, are you regretting your vote?

Lets look at the great presidents in history and what made them great. A common thread is that great presidents followed horrible presidents.
-Lincoln followed Buchannon
- FDR followed Hoover
- Reagan followed Carter
Obama gets to follow George Bush, the worst president in history

Great presidents also faced great challenges
- Lincoln: the civil war
- FDR: the depression and WWII
- Reagan: the Carter recession and Cold War

Obama entered office in the worst recession in 70 years, two wars and declining US reputation around the globe. The recession appears to be recovering, he is working to draw down troops, he has traveled the globe repairing the US image. Healthcare reform would provide a lasting accomplishment

Like it or not, all the pieces are there. We will see what happens in the next eight years.

signed: LEFTWINGER Osama's pimp :lol::lol:

Granted that you are entitled to believe that President Bush was a terrible President. But you are wrong. He was, in many respects, a terrific President. He was certainly FAR better than your bogus little view acknowledges.

Unfortunately, Historians disagree. In a recent poll of leading historians, Bush finished 39 out of 43 and was the worst modern president by far.

Reagan was the best recent president finishing at 11. Obama will ultimately be ranked higher than Reagan

Historians are not yet even up to speed on what President Bush did and what he accomplished.

In any event, do you consider yourself bound by the opinions of some liberal schmucks?

I couldn't give a rat's ass even IF "historians" generally agreed that President Bush was a poor President. That's just biased opinion. And like your opinion, theirs would be distorted and ultimately flawed.

President Obama is DESTINED to be a FAILURE because (as Mark Levin has long noted) President Obama has adopted a failed political ideology. And President Obama is likely to be one of the worst Presidents EVER to infest the White House. As I predicted long ago, there is even a chance that he will suck ass so badly that even Kimmy Carter will start to look better by comparison -- and that would take a LOT of effort since Jimmah is, to date, the WORST thing to ever hit the oval office, bar none.

I had 8 people in my family, including my husband who voted for Obama. None of them will vote for him again.

I voted for Obama so that I wouldn't be called a racist and not be damned to Hell for all of Eternity. So why hasn't he bought me a house yet? :lol:

Other factors lining up to add to Obamas legacy

Cuba- After 50 years of having an enemy within 90 miles of our coast, Castro is dying. Once a new regime takes over, the icy relationship will thaw resulting in reestablished ties

N Korea- After almost 60 years, Kim Jung Il is on his last legs. A regime change will open the door for some backdoor negotiating and less stressful relations as the new regime tries to improve a non-existent economy

Both are potential big tickets on Obamas legacy

Do I think Obama needs to start realizing that the majority voted for him and not the republicans and stop letting them ruin his plans, yes.

how is it that Republicans ruin little one's plans exactly?

Jillian, no he didn't, he listened to all the campaign speeches and did not know that.Obama was heavy pro-union. Unfortunately, he and millions of others are seeing the light on everything that's why the disastor being evidenced by the polling data.

Recently he has seen the racist statements by Van Jones, the new Green Czar and of course he was not at all happy with the Professor Gates situation and Obama's response to it. Remember, the police officer acted "stupidly," after admitting that he knew nothing about the facts of the case. It became very clear to him and I would imagine many other Obama supporters that OOPS, they made a mistake in voting for this guy.

Last edited:
Do I think Obama needs to start realizing that the majority voted for him and not the republicans and stop letting them ruin his plans, yes.

The republicans can't ruin his plans, because you guys have total power in the house, the senate and the Presidency. So what's your worry???? Could it be that you have lost the independent, moderate and conservative democrat votes???? I think that must be it.

*yawn*

rightwingers crying about "failed" ideology and defending Bush as some kind of media martyr crack me up.

I had 8 people in my family, including my husband who voted for Obama. None of them will vote for him again.

My husband is anti-union and found out after the fact that Obama is pro-union. Then last night he see's Van Jones on television making his racist statements and that just sent him over the edge. I warned all of them and told them that no-one goes to a church and listens to anti-american rhetoric and anti-white rhetoric for TWENTY YEARS and doesn't hear that stuff unless he believes it himself. The evidence is in:

Reverent Wright
Bill Ayers
Van Jones
and many more to come to light in the very near future.

So tell me about your freinds and family that would change thier vote now, if they could.

This evidence;

What type of person is Reverend Wright?

What type of person is Bill Ayers?

What type of person is Van Jones?

Last edited:

Cuba- After 50 years of having an enemy within 90 miles of our coast, Castro is dying. Once a new regime takes over, the icy relationship will thaw resulting in reestablished ties

N Korea- After almost 60 years, Kim Jung Il is on his last legs. A regime change will open the door for some backdoor negotiating and less stressful relations as the new regime tries to improve a non-existent economy

The Cuba thing is your pipe dream. Dems value the Hispanic vote, especially in places like Florida. Anybody who cozies up overly much with Cuba is gonna get an earful from the Cuban American community and if there's one thing we know for sure about Dims, they will not take principled stance on ANYTHING if it is likely to hurt them in the polls.

And North Korea is not one man. It is a God-foresaken miserable communist nightmare. Improving our "relations" with such an oppressive government is not likely to happen -- nor is it necessarily a desirable thing in any event.

Nothing President Obama is doing or has planned is going to help him in historical perspective because he is a spectacular failure in the making. Sadly, the impact of what a massive failure he is will damage us for many years to come.

Last edited:

What planet do you live on? I beleive it's Casto's brother who will be left in charge of Cuba and Kim Jung Il's son who will be left in power in N Korea. They both are identical in thier belief systems of thier predecessors. If anything the situation could deteriorate further.

Last edited:

What planet do you live on? I beleive it's Casto's brother who will be left in charge of Cuba and Kim Jung Il's son who will be left in power in N Korea. They both are identical in thier belief systems of their predecessors. If anything the situation could deteriorate further.

Stay tuned...much of this is already happening

Obama has already loosened restrictions on Cuba. Castro's brother has indicated a willingness to talk. Look for lifting of US travel restrictions as soon as Fidel dies. Lifting of trade barriers shortly afterward.

N Korea must moderate its position or cease to exist

I voted for Obama so that I wouldn't be called a racist and not be damned to Hell for all of Eternity. So why hasn't he bought me a house yet? :lol:

Isn't that the truth. I have a good friend who voted for Obama and when I asked her why, she stated that she wanted to tell her grandchildren that she voted for the 1st black President in history. She is now regretting her vote, because yes , she voted for the 1st black President, but she will also leave her grandchildren a national debt that will reduce thier standard of living as compared to ours by about 30%. She voted for a President who spends money like he is on speed. She knows it now.

Isn't that the truth. I have a good friend who voted for Obama and when I asked her why, she stated that she wanted to tell her grandchildren that she voted for the 1st black President in history. She is now regretting her vote, because yes , she voted for the 1st black President, but she will also leave her grandchildren a national debt that will reduce thier standard of living as compared to ours by about 30%. She voted for a President who spends money like he is on speed. She knows it now.

Yep, I know many like that, especially here in Arkansas. It's sad really. Obviously, I never even considered voting for Obamalama, but it's funny how some otherwise 'intelligent' people would call you a racist if you didn't.

I attribute the jump in Obama's approval rating (and dip in disapproval rating) to petty mean-spritied attacks - people tend to rally around folks who are the targets of such tripe.

Forum List

Back