Bye bye computer mouse

Digital Vision

Using two normal cameras, Touch+ sees your hands like the human eyes do, tracking the 3D positions of your hand and fingertips. It also comes with invisible LEDs to work in the dark.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6vl2e2EewiM

Touch+

(groans) Swell. Now we need a new OS, drivers, more RAM, more hd space, etc. :)

'Invisible light-emitting diodes...' That was funny. Assume ya mean infrared but still. :)

meh. i don't see the mouse going anywhere. too ingrained into our computer use and too reliable. sort of like the qwerty keyboard - it may be a less efficient and even outdated piece of equipment, but it's what people know how to use and it does the job just fine.

now, could it be supplemented by a system like the one in the op? absolutely. but until you start navigating 3d spaces i don't see the mouse going anywhere.

I only just upgraded from a 'classic' cord n ball type mouse to cord and led tracking sort. I'm not ready to 'catch up with the times' AGAIN! :)

If you sneeze you may end up ordering 50 inflatable sex dolls. I haven't used a mouse in many years, I use a tablet with a pen, much more natural and gets rid of the carpal tunnel problem.

If you sneeze you may end up ordering 50 inflatable sex dolls. I haven't used a mouse in many years, I use a tablet with a pen, much more natural and gets rid of the carpal tunnel problem.

i hate when my order gets screwed up by a factor of ten.

what am i going to do with just 50 dolls?

I wonder if we will get to a point where we just plug a cord into the base of our brain and just
think where we want the browser to go....

Maybe not in my lifetime...
Available in Windows 25 maybe...

Forum List

Back