By train from Vannes in Britanny to Stuttgart in Württemberg

TGV:

The TGV (French: Train à Grande Vitesse, "high-speed train"; previously TurboTrain à Grande Vitesse) is France's intercity high-speed rail service, operated by SNCF. SNCF worked on a high-speed rail network from 1966 to 1974 and presented the project to President Georges Pompidou who approved it. Originally designed as turbotrains to be powered by gas turbines, TGV prototypes evolved into electric trains with the 1973 oil crisis. In 1976 the SNCF ordered 87 high-speed trains from Alstom. Following the inaugural service between Paris and Lyon in 1981 on the LGV Sud-Est (LGV for Ligne à Grande Vitesse; "high-speed line"), the network, centered on Paris, has expanded to connect major cities across France (including Marseille, Lille, Bordeaux, Strasbourg, Rennes and Montpellier) and in neighbouring countries on a combination of high-speed and conventional lines. The TGV network in France carries about 110 million passengers a year.

When you post a topic you need to provide a reference, i.e. pictures, links, something.
The mods frown on people starting threads with a statement and not providing anything that proves the statement.
btw; I do NOT take any pictures any more.
And anyway: Pictures can be forged.

so whenever i tell of my travels, i must give proof?

Then I can probably NOT tell of ANY of my travels.

I am no star reporter with 12 helpers who film me all the time.

Has anybody ever been to

Stuttgart in Württemberg​

I don't get past the Sierra Nevada/Cascade Divide very often ... is Stuttgart much past Salt Lake City? ... ha ha ... I have been as close as Boston Ma, so about halfway ... I don't trust the Englishing they make there, sounds funny to my West Coast ear ... [giggle] ... queer-like ...

Google Earth says "too many people" ... no wonder there's been so many wars there ...

OK, and the USA is too far away from Stuttgart to matter much.

It's four days to New York City by train ... 7 days by car ... Stuttgart isn't that far from the USA ... it's just really really far from where I live ...

That's right ... it's a 7 day drive to cross just 1 country ... and even longer to cross Canada !!! ...

Forum List

Back