By 2034 47% of all jobs will be automated - The Economist

TGN

Pacifist Egalitarian
Apr 11, 2014
HuffPo posting of an article by The Economist on the effects of possible future technological unemployment and governments lack of preparedness.

47% Of All Jobs Will Be Automated By 2034, And 'No Government Is Prepared' Says Economist

Which is why it's a good idea to study issues such as Universal Basic Income or reduced work schedules before this situation is upon us.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqKkERp-ias]Cash Bern: Swiss may grant unconditional income for all - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3I-teuk_B8]Technological Unemployment | 60 minutes - YouTube[/ame]

HuffPo posting of an article by The Economist on the effects of possible future technological unemployment and governments lack of preparedness.

47% Of All Jobs Will Be Automated By 2034, And 'No Government Is Prepared' Says Economist

Which is why it's a good idea to study issues such as Universal Basic Income or reduced work schedules before this situation is upon us.

Cash Bern: Swiss may grant unconditional income for all - YouTube

Technological Unemployment | 60 minutes - YouTube

Like I've said on this forum once or twice, Vonnegut foresaw something like this in the 50's when he wrote "Player Piano". Much of industry was done by robots. The now unneeded workers were given a stipend to exist on. Someone had to buy the products the robots were producing. It was still have vs have not, but at least people didn't go hungry. I don't think today's haves and have mores would go for this though.

Not to worry.
There will be plenty of work in psychiatric counseling and recovery,
legal mediation, and financial planning and development
for environmental and community reconstruction,
from all the damages we are doing to ourselves and our communities now,
wasting resources fighting politically for power
while our countries and economies are destroyed for abuse of resources.

No shortage of work to do, and plenty of debts already accrued
to credit the labor against to invest in sustainable development.

Cash Bern: Swiss may grant unconditional income for all - YouTube

Technological Unemployment | 60 minutes - YouTube

Like I've said on this forum once or twice, Vonnegut foresaw something like this in the 50's when he wrote "Player Piano". Much of industry was done by robots. The now unneeded workers were given a stipend to exist on. Someone had to buy the products the robots were producing. It was still have vs have not, but at least people didn't go hungry. I don't think today's haves and have mores would go for this though.

Last edited:
47%.......What an interesting percentage! I understand it is one of Mitt Romney's favorite numbers.

Great, then we can focus on bigger and better things with our time. Only progressives would like to see us living in the stone ages where there are shovel ready jobs for everyone.

DIG PEEONS!

I think we will see a move toward 32 hour work weeks but companies will resist unless overtime laws are changed. Both sides will need to give some.

Forum List

Back