Buy MCD

PoliticalChic

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
A couple of weeks ago, I heard that one of the stocks that does well during recessions is McDonalds. The logic being that people don't have lot of disposable income, so they're more likely to spend money on cheap fast food.

McDonald's same-store sales jump in November
McDonald's global same-store sales rise 7.7 percent in November, US sales rise 4.5 percent
Lauren Shepherd, AP Business Writer
Monday December 8, 2008, 12:26 pm EST

NEW YORK (AP) -- Consumers hungry for cheap meals boosted worldwide sales at McDonald's Corp.'s established locations by 7.7 percent in November, more proof of how the fast-food leader is thriving in a downturn that has eaten into sales at its competitors.

Related Quotes
Symbol Price Change
MCD 61.48 -1.24

Even recession-weary consumers in the U.S. were enticed by the Golden Arches during the month. U.S. same-store sales -- or sales at locations open at least a year -- rose 4.5 percent, the company said Monday.

The Oak Brook, Ill.-based chain said the increase came from strong sales of breakfast items, chicken sandwiches and the chain's value menu options. It comes even as U.S. consumers increasingly opt for eating at home to conserve cash.

"I think what you're seeing is that McDonald's has so far been relatively immune to the recession," said David Morris, senior analyst at consumer research firm Mintel.

Read more below...

McDonald's same-store sales jump in November - Yahoo! Finance

I agree, this stock has remained strong through out the turbulence in the market the last few months.

Forum List

Back