Futures and Pre-Market data

CNBC

Looks like a strong open today, but can it hold?

Trying to guess the stock market and its reaction to news is like trying to figure out a woman on the first date. We have horrible unemployment numbers and the market is up... WAY up. 220 right now.

When the market receives bad news, it's supposed to go down. When it receives good news, it's supposed to go up. Why isn't it behaving like this?

Trying to guess the stock market and its reaction to news is like trying to figure out a woman on the first date. We have horrible unemployment numbers and the market is up... WAY up. 220 right now.

When the market receives bad news, it's supposed to go down. When it receives good news, it's supposed to go up. Why isn't it behaving like this?

Déjà Vu… This reminds me of 1 ½yrs ago when companies were reporting excellent earnings/outlook and getting taken to the wood shed for their efforts. IMO, that’s because W St., knew what we didn’t know.

If history repeats itself, well learn what’s changed AFTER the real money is made.

Same ole same ole…

What exactly leads you to think it looks stong, NO?

Serious question, not a refutation of your analysis.

Pre-market futures for the DOW were up 280+.

I think that's what he was saying. Whether or not that's considered "strong" is up for debate, I suppose.

Pre-market futures for the DOW were up 280+.

I think that's what he was saying. Whether or not that's considered "strong" is up for debate, I suppose.

Plus: World indices, more money being dumped into the banks today, the auto makers about to rip us off for 15B$, and the strange behavior of the market last Friday.

Plus: World indices, more money being dumped into the banks today, the auto makers about to rip us off for 15B$, and the strange behavior of the market last Friday.

Strange wouldn't describe it. The most job losses in 34 years and the market shoots up. You need heart medication to follow this market.

Strange wouldn't describe it. The most job losses in 34 years and the market shoots up. You need heart medication to follow this market.

Exactly why I might question the strength of 280 in just pre-market.

Gap might partially fill later today, but I'm long from the open.

I've been waiting for DOW 9000 for a while. I hate to say it, but once the Treasury did exactly what they were supposed to do a while ago, buy up mortgage backed securities, the market has somewhat stabilized, save last Monday.

Still, I'd like to see the volatility go down a bit. Let's have 2-3 days of only double digit increases or decreases - I think since mid September, almost every day has had triple digits either way.

Don't know what you're talking about. Right after the election was over, the DOW was back up to 9625.
Draw a trend line from the high of Sept. 19 to Friday's high. There are four touches and two near touches.

Forum List

Back