But I thought...

Simply not true, Britain sent at least 30,000 troops ( I seem to recall 45,000), Italy and Spain sent troops , most of Europe was in fact IN on the war. Only France, Belgium and Germany were openly opposed. I suggest you learn some facts.

30K limeys? you post numbers with caveats like "I seem to recall" and then suggest someone else learn FACTS?

Give me a link that shows that Britain sent "at least 30K troops"

I will starve to death waiting, no doubt.

Perhaps we should be discussing the pros and cons of International Law.

I'm curious as to what you think some of the cons are. Here are some of the pros:

Deterrence against crimes against humanity (genocide, slavery, etc).
Allows international mail to be regulated and sent.
Allows international air flights.
Helps trade in general, and free trade.
Deterrence against rogue states getting Nukes.

Just a quick few off the top of my head...pretty much all international communication/trade/whatever is regulated by IL.

30K limeys? you post numbers with caveats like "I seem to recall" and then suggest someone else learn FACTS?

Give me a link that shows that Britain sent "at least 30K troops"

I will starve to death waiting, no doubt.

I hope you eat soon. I was wrong, It was Gulf War one that they sent so many, In Iraq they sent 11,000 and followed that with at least 1200 more.

http://edition.cnn.com/2003/WORLD/europe/09/08/sprj.irq.hoon/index.html

Spain, Italy, Poland and a host of other countries sent troops also. All of Eastern Europe Supported the Invasion and all but Belgium, Luxemburg, France and Germany supported in Western Europe as well. Most of Central America Supported, Japan, and parts of South America. So much for Unilateral and token forces.

I hope you eat soon. I was wrong, It was Gulf War one that they sent so many, In Iraq they sent 11,000 and followed that with at least 1200 more.

Spain, Italy, Poland and a host of other countries sent troops also. All of Eastern Europe Supported the Invasion and all but Belgium, Luxemburg, France and Germany supported in Western Europe as well. Most of Central America Supported, Japan, and parts of South America. So much for Unilateral and token forces.

Wrong again.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/3/36/State_positions_Iraq_war.png

The countries in blue oppossed your invasion. The countries in gray were nuetral. The governments of the countries in yellow (but not their citizens) supported the US, but sent no troops to invade. Only the countries in orange sent troops to help your president invade.

Its really laughable that you would compare the international support we got in gulf war one, or korea, to your and George Bush's folly in iraq.

Your own chart proves my point, check it again and notice that what I said is true, well except, oh my god, the balkans didn't help, I wonder why that is?

Rumania, Bulgaria, Poland all agreed with the war and sent troops. But hey live in your fantasy. Further Most Central American Countries also provided troops.

I suggest you learn map and reading comprehension.

Your own chart proves my point, check it again and notice that what I said is true, well except, oh my god, the balkans didn't help, I wonder why that is?

Rumania, Bulgaria, Poland all agreed with the war and sent troops. But hey live in your fantasy. Further Most Central American Countries also provided troops.

I suggest you learn map and reading comprehension.

So, you've taken over RSR's job as Chief Bush cheerleader and propogandist?

You're welcome to live with your delusion that your war had broad international support. You probably think we'll still find WMD too. Doesn't matter to me.

You were wrong. There were more european nations than just Belgium, France, and Germany that openly opposed your war, as the map shows.

So, you've taken over RSR's job as Chief Bush cheerleader and propogandist?

You're welcome to live with your delusion that your war had broad international support. You probably think we'll still find WMD too. Doesn't matter to me.

You were wrong. There were more european nations than just Belgium, France, and Germany that openly opposed your war, as the map shows.

Not in the European Union. And the only ones I didn't count are Balkan countries. already embroiled in their own little war. Well and I guess I missed that power house Czech and Slovak.

You lied when you claimed your map represents what was true in 2003. Spain, Italy, Rumania, Bulgaria,Denmark all sent troops to Iraq.

numbers don't lie. Token contingents are just that. Moldova supported the invasion with a dozen soldiers. wow.

basically, it was us bigtime, britain smalltime and a bunch of token detachments.

now it is us bigtime and everyone else has token detachments.

that ain't what I call a grand coalition, that is for sure.

Not in the European Union. And the only ones I didn't count are Balkan countries. already embroiled in their own little war. Well and I guess I missed that power house Czech and Slovak.

You lied when you claimed your map represents what was true in 2003. Spain, Italy, Rumania, Bulgaria,Denmark all sent troops to Iraq.

Honesty and integrity is not your strong suit, huh?

You started out saying that the only countries in Europe that opposed your War, were germany, france, and belgium. A patently and easily provable lie.

Then, when caught in your lie, you kept moving the goal posts: claiming at one point apparently that you were only talking about western europe (or something), and then claiming you were talking about the European Union.

I'm counting FAR more than three countries on that map that opposed your war.

Honesty and integrity is not your strong suit, huh?

You started out saying that the only countries in Europe that opposed your War, were germany, france, and belgium. A patently and easily provable lie.

Then, when caught in your lie, you kept moving the goal posts: claiming at one point apparently that you were only talking about western europe (or something), and then claiming you were talking about the European Union.

I'm counting FAR more than three countries on that map that opposed your war.

A map that does not reflect the situation in 2003 I might add. But hey who cares that Spain and Italy clearly sent troops to Iraq and your map claims otherwise, ehh. Talk about honesty and integrity.

are you suggesting that America's military is ten times larger than all the militaries of all our "coalition partners" put together?

I might need a link for that. ;)
That is likely true if your are only counting the forces in Iraq. (not their whole armies)

A map that does not reflect the situation in 2003 I might add. But hey who cares that Spain and Italy clearly sent troops to Iraq and your map claims otherwise, ehh. Talk about honesty and integrity.

LOL

You really love bringing up the Spanish and Italians like it means anything now. How many spanish and italian troops are there now?

this is the basis for my comment:

Not at all. His point is valid, and your mincing numbers irrelevant. What percentage of each countries' armed forces deployed to Iraq, and historically, have they ever provided a larger percentage?

Let us not attempt to mislead .....;)

are you suggesting that America's military is ten times larger than all the militaries of all our "coalition partners" put together?

I might need a link for that. ;)

If it is in our interests to fight a war, we should fight it. If it is not in our intersts to fight a war, we should not fight it. The number and quality of allies may enter into the equation. But in this case, they are irrelevant.

If it is in our interests to fight a war, we should fight it. If it is not in our intersts to fight a war, we should not fight it. The number and quality of allies may enter into the equation. But in this case, they are irrelevant.

that may very well be the case. In this thread, hiowever, the author makes a big deal out of trying to suggest that we went in with this powerful coalition of troops from around the world and that the world was solidly behind us and that the mistake of this war is, therefore, shared by all those other supportive allies. The mistakes of this war are numbered in pine boxes. and we don't share many of them with anyone.

Forum List

Back