Business of Unaccompanied Alien Children Is Booming

Stephanie

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2004
Not only are these people being used as pawns for Obama/Democrats/LaRaza, but contractors associated with Obama DHS are RAKING in the dough too..while we the citizens of the country get hosed...what a sweet and caring government eh?
links in the article at the site

SNIP:
HHS is giving hundreds of millions to contractors, and they're refusing to talk about it.

By Ryan Lovelace

It’s not just human smugglers, dubbed “coyotes,” who have a made a fortune from the influx of unaccompanied alien children into the United States. Nonprofit organizations responsible for operating shelters for the illegal-immigrant children have received hundreds of millions of dollars from the federal government, and a Republican senator is getting stonewalled in his efforts to find out what’s going on with that money.

One organization, BCFS — also known as Baptist Child and Family Services — has received more than $280 million from the federal government in 2014, according to usaspending.gov. That’s a steep hike from the sum of just less than $42 million that BCFS got from the federal government in 2013, according to usaspending.gov. In just one grant last month, the Department of Health and Human Services awarded BCFS more than $190 million.

Iowa senator Chuck Grassley wrote a letter to HHS Secretary Sylvia Mathews Burwell in July, requesting information about government spending on the housing of illegal-immigrant children and calling BCFS’ track record “a cause for concern.” Grassley noted that nearly 96 percent of BCFS’s 2012 budget came from taxpayer money.

“Despite being almost completely dependent on the public, BCFS has faced heavy criticism for attempting to avoid public scrutiny,” Grassley wrote. “BCFS staff prohibited a Member of Congress from entering the taxpayer-funded detention center at Fort Sill; prevented a Los Angeles Times reporter from interviewing detainees, caseworkers, and other staff; physically pushed a local TV reporter from the entrance of a facility; and attempted to block the reporter’s camera crew from recording across the street from the facility.” Despite such criticism, Department of Homeland Security Secretary Jeh Johnson has testified that BCFS has done a “remarkable job” housing and identifying the children and then placing them with a sponsor.

ALL of it here
Business of Unaccompanied Alien Children Is Booming | National Review Online

It was time to donate mucho dinero to the evangelicals, Catholics and any other profit backed religion...

Now Europe got a bunch o' illegal unaccompanied minors runnin' around...

Young and alone: Europe sees record surge of child refugees
Oct 11,`15 -- The bags are packed, the goodbye hugs done. The Afghan, Eritrean and Sudanese boys are on the move again, but this time it's a happy occasion: After months of hardship traversing continents, the teenage refugees are finally on the way to English homes where they can settle down for a long dreamed-of life in Europe.
The dozens of boys are unaccompanied child refugees who have come to the end of a long, risky journey by boat, foot, truck and train. Upon reaching the shores of Dover they were brought to a reception center in Kent, southern England, where they were given temporary shelter. As the teenagers leave for more permanent social housing or foster homes, they are seen off by another group of boys who are eagerly awaiting their turn. Europe's migrant crisis has seen a record surge of unaccompanied child asylum seekers fleeing civil war, conscription and poverty at home to countries including Britain and Sweden, which have scrambled to provide care for thousands of newly arrived minors. Most are boys aged between 14 to 18 hailing from Syria, Afghanistan, Eritrea and Sudan. "I'm happy to leave today," said Sadiq, a shy 17-year-old Sudanese, who said he wanted to become an engineer. Like all the refugees interviewed at the center, his full name cannot be reported because they are minors under government care.

Like the other youngsters, Sadiq had made it to Europe alone after leaving behind his family, and may never see his loved ones again. He lowered his head when asked about his homeland, where a years-long conflict has killed thousands and driven millions from their homes. "Since I left I have had no information, I don't know anything about my family. I'm very sad because of that, but what can I do?"

In Kent, the main English county receiving the children, arrivals jumped from 296 in September 2014 to almost 800 in the same period this year. Almost all land in Dover, a key port connected by rail and road to France. And in Sweden, which takes the largest number of refugees per capita in Europe, the Migration Agency says almost 1,300 minors sought asylum in a single week in September - a staggering increase from about 400 a week in June. The agency estimates that a total of 12,000 unaccompanied children would have sought asylum in the country this year. "The municipalities have never been close to having a situation like this before, ever," said Kjell-Terje Torvik, an expert at the Swedish migration board who has worked with child refugees for over a decade. "Even though we knew the numbers were going to rise, this is far beyond our imagination."

MORE

Closed military bases would make good temporary housing for immigrant families...

Holloman Air Force Base to House Immigrant Children
Dec 28, 2015 -- Holloman Air Force Base will be a temporary shelter for hundreds of immigrant children from Central America.
U.S. Defense Secretary Ashton Carter has directed the base to house up to 400 children starting in January, according to The Alamogordo Daily News. The children are currently in the care of the Department of Health and Human Services' Administration for Children and Families. Alamogordo Chamber of Commerce President Mike Espiritu said health department officials have already visited Holloman to see if the site could work. "I'll be the contact on this perspective. I'll be working directly with HHS and Holloman and help them connect the dots with the things they need to take care of these young people," he said. "We'll be meeting with Holloman next week, and hopefully we'll have more information that we can provide to the public. "

holloman-air-force-base.jpg

A view of the crowd during the Sunset Stealth retirement ceremony at Heritage Park on Holloman Air Force Base​

The children will be housed in a vacant building that was used by the 4th Space Surveillance Squadron. Espiritu said the children will be from several different Central American countries, including El Salvador, Guatemala and Honduras. He said they have been immunized and screened for possible diseases. The children are considered refugees who fled strife in their homeland or are trying to reunite with family in the U.S. "That's what the purpose is, is to try and reunite them with their families," he said. "They may be placed with host families as well."

Espiritu encouraged members of the Alamogordo community to be supportive of the government and Holloman in trying to help the refugee children. "I think we should help our government and base to support them in those needs. I believe we need to support our government and our base so that they're successful. If it means taking care of these kids for a period of time, then I think it's the right thing to do," he said. "They're children after all, and I think most people understand that. I think we're a very positive and humane community."

Holloman Air Force Base to House Immigrant Children | Military.com

Did MS-13 gang members from El Salvador enter U.S. through UAC program?...

Congress Asks HHS: Did 17-Year-Old Murder Suspects Enter US as Unaccompanied Minors?
February 12, 2016 | The chairmen of the Senate and House Judiciary Committees are asking Health and Human Services Secretary Sylvia Mathews Burwell to clarify whether two suspected MS-13 gang members from El Salvador who are accused of an execution-style murder in Massachusetts entered the U.S. through the Obama administration’s Unaccompanied Alien Children (UAC) program.
Jose Vasquez Ardon and Cristian Nunez-Flores, both 17, are charged with murdering 19-year-old Omar Wilfredo Reyes, of Everett, Mass. Reyes was shot in the head on January 2 and died the next day at Massachusetts General Hospital. “Did either Jose Vasquez Ardon or Cristian Nunez-Flores enter the United States as an unaccompanied minor?” Sen. Chuck Grassley (R-IA) and Rep. Bob Goodlatte (R-VA) queried Burwell in a February 9 letter. They also asked Burwell for a “complete copy of the alien file” for each underage murder suspect showing their date of entry into the U.S., whether they were designated as an unaccompanied minor by HHS, and whether they applied for any immigration benefits, including Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals, which exempts from deportation those who illegally enter the U.S. before their 16th birthday.

An attorney representing Nunez-Flores told the court during his arraignment that the 17-year-old moved to the U.S. from El Salvador a year and a half ago without his parents, The Boston Globe reported. According to HHS’s Office of Refugee Resettlement, a total of 2,509 unaccompanied minors were released to sponsors in Massachusetts between October 2013 and December 2015. Middlesex District Attorney Carrie Spiros said that evidence collected during the month-long murder investigation “indicated that Mr. Nunez and Mr. Ardon are affiliated with the gang MS-13,” according to The Boston Herald . In July 2014, Judicial Watch reported that Mara Salvatrucha (MS-13), one of the most violent street gangs operating in the U.S., was “actively recruiting new members at U.S. shelters housing illegal immigrant minors and they’re using Red Cross phones to communicate.”

On January 29, the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the District of Massachusetts announced the arrests of 56 alleged leaders and members of MS-13 in the Boston area on federal charges, including racketeering, conspiracy to commit murder, and drug trafficking. “During the course of this investigation, it is alleged that MS-13 actively recruited prospective members, known as ‘paros,’ inside local high schools from communities with significant immigrant populations from Central America... Prospective members were typically 14 or 15 years old. “Under the strict rules of MS-13, as communicated to the local ‘cliques’ by the leaders of MS-13 in El Salvador, these prospective members must engage in significant violent criminal activity on behalf of the criminal organization, usually the killing of a rival gang member, in order to become a full-fledged member of MS-13, known as a ‘homeboy’,” according to a DOJ press release.

Congress Asks HHS: Did 17-Year-Old Murder Suspects Enter US as Unaccompanied Minors?

Forum List

Back