Bush's Folly

wihosa

Gold Member
Apr 8, 2008
The foolishness of Bush's war is now coming home to roost.

Is there any doubt that the warring between Georgia and Russia is do at least in part to the US's agression in Iraq? If Bush had not so blatantly invaded and occupied another nation would not lesser countries have shown better judgement and restraint?

Having committed our armed forces to this foolish mission has served to expose the limits of our military. Russia knowing that America, over-extended, fighting two intractable wars was in no position to do anything and so was free to take whatever action it chose.

Bush's words of admonishment to Putin are indeed hollow. For Bush to speak of loss of national respect and international acceptance is the hieght of hypocracy.

It's seams pretty clear that the new standard bearer of Bush's Neo-Con agenda of world monetary dominace, John McCain gave bad advice to Saakashvili when he gave his paid lobbiest the idea that America would come to his rescue if he started his own aggresion in South Ossetia.

The foolishness of Bush's war is now coming home to roost.

Is there any doubt that the warring between Georgia and Russia is do at least in part to the US's agression in Iraq? If Bush had not so blatantly invaded and occupied another nation would not lesser countries have shown better judgement and restraint?

Having committed our armed forces to this foolish mission has served to expose the limits of our military. Russia knowing that America, over-extended, fighting two intractable wars was in no position to do anything and so was free to take whatever action it chose.

Bush's words of admonishment to Putin are indeed hollow. For Bush to speak of loss of national respect and international acceptance is the hieght of hypocracy.

It's seams pretty clear that the new standard bearer of Bush's Neo-Con agenda of world monetary dominace, John McCain gave bad advice to Saakashvili when he gave his paid lobbiest the idea that America would come to his rescue if he started his own aggresion in South Ossetia.

I don't see how anyone in the Bush Administration can suggest to Russia that they should withdraw from Georgia and keep a straight face.

So whose fault was it the last time the Russians/Soviets invaded another country? Can you twist and turn and find a way to pin that on Bush, too?

So whose fault was it the last time the Russians/Soviets invaded another country? Can you twist and turn and find a way to pin that on Bush, too?

Russia has not invaded another country for over a hundred years and I don't know who's fault that was, or were you referring to the Soviet Union?

As for pinning it on Bush, why don't you make a reasoned argument for why my point is not valid?

Is that the only place you have ever heard the phrase "coming home to roost".

It seams you are only trying to deflect my point by distracting with a refence to J. Wright.

If you make mindless posts, like Russia wouldn't have invaded a sovereign nation if we hadn't acted upon a nation that violated it's ceasefire terms. Then I see no problem in posting connections between coming home to roost and J.Wright.

Russia has not invaded another country for over a hundred years and I don't know who's fault that was, or were you referring to the Soviet Union?

As for pinning it on Bush, why don't you make a reasoned argument for why my point is not valid?

There's no real difference between the actions of the Soviets in 1979, and the actions of Russia today.

The Russians/Soviets have a long history of exploiting perceived weaknesses. They correctly deduced that Jimmy Carter would not stop them in Afghanistan. Whether or not they went into Georgia under the assumption that we were too distracted to stop them, the fact that they have stopped and agreed to a withdrawal perhaps shows their judgement was in error.

It does take alot of gull for Bush to talk to others about aggression.
It takes even more gull to bring rev Wright into this thread, that's getting so old, it's sickening, are you retarded jreeves? You've hijacked evey thread in this forum with that lame ass vid, try coming up with something new, dam

Last edited:
It does take alot of gull for Bush to talk to others about aggression.
It takes even more gull to bring rev Wright into this thread, that's getting so old, it's sickening, are you retarded jreeves? You've hijackled evey thread in this forum with that lame ass vid, try coming up with something new, dam

Blunt...:cuckoo:

Saddam violated the ceasefire agreement of the Gulf War, we were every bit justified in what we did. Russia violated Georgia's internationally recognized borders which was unjustified.

He used the same words as J.Wright...not me. I very rarely quote the J.Wright racism....

Blunt...:cuckoo:

Saddam violated the ceasefire agreement of the Gulf War, we were every bit justified in what we did. Russia violated Georgia's internationally recognized borders which was unjustified.

He used the same words as J.Wright...not me. I very rarely quote the J.Wright racism....

Well to be acurate, I did not use J Wright's words because he said "chickens coming home to roost".

Perhaps I was referring to pigeons.

The idea that we were justified in invading based on the red herring that he was shooting at our planes as they flew across his country daily, keeping him completely contained is weak indeed. This amounted to Hussein flipping the bird at us. Never once in all the time that we enforced the no fly zone did his firing at our planes result in a hit.

Justification? Laughable.

Hungary and Czecheslovakia ring a bell, Czech was in 1968, I think that was less than 100 years ago. Hungary was in 1956, that too was less than 100 years ago.

They also invade Poland in 39. Lithuaina, Estonia and Latvia in 1940 as well as Finland.

Last I checked that was less than 100 years ago as well.

Ohh ya forgot Afghanistan in 1979.

Last edited:
Well to be acurate, I did not use J Wright's words because he said "chickens coming home to roost".

The idea that we were justified in invading based on the red herring that he was shooting at our planes as they flew across his country daily, keeping him completely contained is weak indeed. This amounted to Hussein flipping the bird at us. Never once in all the time that we enforced the no fly zone did his firing at our planes result in a hit.

Justification? Laughable.

Pigeons--chickens who the hell cares. And if you think Bush orchestrated this strategy you're nuts.

Hungary and Czecheslovakia ring a bell, Czech was in 1968, I think that was less than 100 years ago. Hungary was in 1956, that too was less than 100 years ago.

They also invade Poland in 39. Lithuaina, Estonia and Latvia in 1940 as well as Finland.

Last I checked that was less than 100 years ago as well.

Ohh ya forgot Afghanistan in 1979.

Do you know that Russia is not the Soviet Union? Do you know that the Soviet Union came into being in 1917 and dissolved in 1989 and any invasions which took place between those dates were by the Soviet Union, not Russia?

Pigeons--chickens who the hell cares. And if you think Bush orchestrated this strategy you're nuts.

Where in the hell did you get the idea that I said Bush "Orchestrated it"? I said nothing of the kind. My point is that America as the role model for the civilized countries set a bad precident, a bad example for the rest of the not so civilized world.

If America can break international law, why not other counties, especially when Bush made the stategic blunder of exposing our military limitations?

Do you know that Russia is not the Soviet Union? Do you know that the Soviet Union came into being in 1917 and dissolved in 1989 and any invasions which took place between those dates were by the Soviet Union, not Russia?

SO then you are claiming apples and oranges, since Russia, in this manner has only existed since , what 1990 then you can not make a call about 100 years, now can you?

But the Soviet Union WAS Russia, just under a different name. Further Putin is a PRODUCT of the Soviet Union and he is about restoring the Countries he lost when the Soviet dissolved.

In either case your trite little claim is proven false.

The idea that we were justified in invading based on the red herring that he was shooting at our planes as they flew across his country daily, keeping him completely contained is weak indeed. This amounted to Hussein flipping the bird at us. Never once in all the time that we enforced the no fly zone did his firing at our planes result in a hit.Justification? Laughable.

Again this was all part of the ceasefire agreement....

Another part of the ceasefire agreement was full disclosure of weapons programs, which Saddam didn't comply with.

Along with various other ceasefire agreements that Saddam breached?

Its not just this.. democracy has been on the decline in Russia for some time while bush has been turning a blind eye. He then decided to put missiles in Poland thinking that Putin would say, Hell yeah ole buddy ole pal... Missiles in eastern europe has been a sore point for years... I thought bush studied history in college between coke and beer bong 101.

Did anyone catch the little blurb in the press last week where Russia was contemplating putting missiles in Cuba...

You idiots out there need to stop looking at foreign policy as a worldwide big dick contest...

Talk about splitting hairs!!!! Russia. Soviet Union. Same animal.

Forum List

Back