Bush's Campaign Donation$$ - Legal Bribery ?

protectionist

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2013
A major issue in the presidential primary races that seems to be getting overlooked, is the donations that candidates are receiving. Questions abound here. Who are the donors giving money to which candidates ? How much money ? Any strings attached ? Anything expected in return for the donations$$$ ?

Here is where Donald Trump has a huge advantage over all the other candidates. To the best of my knowledge, Trump has not received one dime from anybody, and can't be seen as beholden to anyone. But for those who are receiving money (and in very large amounts), this is a concern that simply can't be brushed off.

Jeb Bush has bragged that he had received $100 Million in the first quarter of his campaign, eclipsing both his brother George Bush, and Mitt Romney. Maybe Bush shouldn't be talking so loud about this. Bush is facing new scrutiny about the connections and background that could follow him into the Oval Office. Let's see who some of these are:

1. Wal-Mart's founders, the Walton family - $3.5 million to more than $6 million.

2. Microsoft founder Bill Gates' foundation gave between $3 million and more than $5 million. This is the same company that has been firing thousands of American workers, while bringing in foreign workers on H1B work visas to replace them at lower wages. Would Bush be reluctant to stop this traitorous activity, from being paid off by Gates ?

3. Murdoch's News Corp. made three contributions, at $500,001 to $1 million apiece.

4. The Leona M. and Harry B. Helmsley Charitable Trust, built from the family real estate empire, gave more than $2 million.

5. Four companies and nonprofits that appointed Bush to their boards of directors or advisory boards backed the educational foundation. One, Bloomberg Philanthropies, was among the most frequent supporters, making seven donations worth between $1.2 million to $2.4 million. Bush served on Bloomberg's board from 2010-14. He also served on the boards of Jackson Healthcare, Rayonier Inc. and an affiliate of CNL Bank, each of which gave a lesser amount to the foundation.

6. Bush's education nonprofit provided $1.1 million in public information grants to eight states in 2013, its tax form shows. In recent years, at least nine charter school and education-related donors to the Foundation for Excellence in Education won contracts in those eight states, revealing the mirrored missions of donors and the foundation.

7. Florida citrus grower Bill Becker - eight donations worth between $225,008 and $450,000.

8. Education outfits such as Charter Schools USA, the publishing and education company Pearson PLC and Renaissance Learning were frequent contributors. So were financial groups and big businesses, with the Charles and Helen Schwab Foundation giving from $1.6 million to $3.25 million and the SunTrust Bank Foundation $300,003 to $750,000. Exxon Mobil Corp., Duke Energy and BP America made nine contributions combined.

If all this mess isn't bad enough, click the link to see how far and deep this goes, and then Americans can ask themselves if they really want this much special interest influence attached to "their" White House. They can also ask themselves about the even worse situation of Hillary Clinton's contributions$$ that aren't even being shown, and many from outside the United States.

Jeb Bush Releases List of Donors to Education Foundation - NBC News

Last edited:
seems you guys are about 15 years too late to be worried about this sort of thing.

Here's the problem. The kind of bigot like you who is all dreamy for "the Donald" wasn't going to vote Democratic anyway. So nominating him doesn't get you anywhere.

YOu do get this, right. In order to win in 2016, you have to get people who voted for Obama in 2008 and 2012 to vote for your guy this time.

A major issue in the presidential primary races that seems to be getting overlooked, is the donations that candidates are receiving. Questions abound here. Who are the donors giving money to which candidates ? How much money ? Any strings attached ? Anything expected in return for the donations$$$ ?

Here is where Donald Trump has a huge advantage over all the other candidates. To the best of my knowledge, Trump has not received one dime from anybody, and can't be seen as beholden to anyone. But for those who are receiving money (and in very large amounts), this is a concern that simply can't be brushed off.

Jeb Bush has bragged that he had received $100 Million in the first quarter of his campaign, eclipsing both his brother George Bush, and Mitt Romney. Maybe Bush shouldn't be talking so loud about this. Bush is facing new scrutiny about the connections and background that could follow him into the Oval Office. Let's see who some of these are:

1. Wal-Mart's founders, the Walton family - $3.5 million to more than $6 million.

2. Microsoft founder Bill Gates' foundation gave between $3 million and more than $5 million. This is the same company that has been firing thousands of American workers, while bringing in foreign workers on H1B work visas to replace them at lower wages. Would Bush be reluctant to stop this traitorous activity, from being paid off by Gates ?

3. Murdoch's News Corp. made three contributions, at $500,001 to $1 million apiece.

4. The Leona M. and Harry B. Helmsley Charitable Trust, built from the family real estate empire, gave more than $2 million.

5. Four companies and nonprofits that appointed Bush to their boards of directors or advisory boards backed the educational foundation. One, Bloomberg Philanthropies, was among the most frequent supporters, making seven donations worth between $1.2 million to $2.4 million. Bush served on Bloomberg's board from 2010-14. He also served on the boards of Jackson Healthcare, Rayonier Inc. and an affiliate of CNL Bank, each of which gave a lesser amount to the foundation.

6. Bush's education nonprofit provided $1.1 million in public information grants to eight states in 2013, its tax form shows. In recent years, at least nine charter school and education-related donors to the Foundation for Excellence in Education won contracts in those eight states, revealing the mirrored missions of donors and the foundation.

7. Florida citrus grower Bill Becker - eight donations worth between $225,008 and $450,000.

8. Education outfits such as Charter Schools USA, the publishing and education company Pearson PLC and Renaissance Learning were frequent contributors. So were financial groups and big businesses, with the Charles and Helen Schwab Foundation giving from $1.6 million to $3.25 million and the SunTrust Bank Foundation $300,003 to $750,000. Exxon Mobil Corp., Duke Energy and BP America made nine contributions combined.

If all this mess isn't bad enough, click the link to see how far and deep this goes, and then Americans can ask themselves if they really want this much special interest influence attached to "their" White House. They can also ask themselves about the even worse situation of Hillary Clinton's contributions$$ that aren't even being shown, and many from outside the United States.

Sorry...until a federal investigation into the activities of hilary and her time at the state department as she sold her office to foreign governments is investigated, in a serious way, I really could not care less about problems with the Republicans.....she sold her office to foreign governments that are hostile to this country....

How is this an issue? Which candidate isn't going to get funds from special interest groups? Like obie and Hillary get it all from individuals?

What is your point? That people can't donate? That rich people don't have the expendable cash to give a whole lot? Are you insinuating they broke the law? Are you implying there is something wrong with these people?

I am not a Bush supporter, we need to stay out of the Bushes. BUT I would much rather know the donar up front then this BS of millions of people donating 100 dollars as is the case with Mrs. Clinton and Obama. That to me looks like money laundering.

"The Donald" doesn't need to spend money, he is smart and got the press to do his campaigning for him. He just spouts populist views that are counter to the left wing press and after waking from their apoplectic coma they do all the campaigning he needs.

I viewed and article about how the Mexicans working on Trumps buildings were upset. Mark may words. In a few days Trump will go to those building sites and make nice. First because there probably isn't a problem and second it is good free PR.

seems you guys are about 15 years too late to be worried about this sort of thing.

Here's the problem. The kind of bigot like you who is all dreamy for "the Donald" wasn't going to vote Democratic anyway. So nominating him doesn't get you anywhere.

YOu do get this, right. In order to win in 2016, you have to get people who voted for Obama in 2008 and 2012 to vote for your guy this time.
Don't worry, professor. The rules change every year. Right now it's Trump rules. :biggrin:

How is this an issue? Which candidate isn't going to get funds from special interest groups? Like obie and Hillary get it all from individuals?
The OP told you "which candidate isn't going to get funds from special interest groups" :biggrin: Did you read it ?

What is your point? That people can't donate? That rich people don't have the expendable cash to give a whole lot? Are you insinuating they broke the law? Are you implying there is something wrong with these people?

I am not a Bush supporter, we need to stay out of the Bushes. BUT I would much rather know the donar up front then this BS of millions of people donating 100 dollars as is the case with Mrs. Clinton and Obama. That to me looks like money laundering.
The OP explained my point. Did you read it ? My point is that the candidates are bribable. Yeah, there's something wrong with them. They are all taking money from special interests, which then puts them in a position to be indebted to those contributors. All except for Trump.

And no, I'm not insinuating. And no, I''m not implying. I never insinuate, infer, or imply anything, Not ever. If I want to say something, I say it. And I said it, right here, right now, And in the OP.

So sure, people can donate. And candidates can accept those donations. BUT, when they do, they then become suspect to the possibility that their presidency may be corrupted as linked to those contributors. In the case of Trump, who does this without contributors, that possibility and suspicion is absent. Get it ?

Last edited:
The OP told you "which candidate isn't going to get funds from special interest groups" :biggrin: Did you read it ?
No, I read what you posted. "To the best of your knowledge" is meaningless. Trump will raise capital, it's what he does for a living. Plus he has no chance and he knows it. It's all about his "brand".

No, I read what you posted. "To the best of your knowledge" is meaningless. Trump will raise capital, it's what he does for a living. Plus he has no chance and he knows it. It's all about his "brand".
"Raise capital" ? LOL. What does that mean ? You're saying he's going to get contributions for his campaign ?
Maybe you hadn't read the background. Trump is a multi-billionaire. Smartest thing he could do is tell contributors >> "Thanks, but no thanks." Then he can be the only candidate unconnected to special interests - a huge campaign advantage. For Trump, taking contributions would be stupid. And he's not a stupid guy. Now try reading the OP, that you said you didn't read.

It's not just Bush, it's MOST of them.
Obviously.
Money has completely polluted and distorted our political/electoral system.

And the American people know it, and don't like it. That's another reason why Trump is so popular. They see him as the only candidate unconnected to special interest "contributors" (bribers)

Yes, they all (except Trump) are connected to special interests. I only picked Bush to talk about, because he happens to be atop the polls (for now)

No one wants another Bush. BTW, do you remember Mrs. Clinton? Her foundation took money from foreign governments and who-else-knows-who. Our politicians are so above the politics.

The OP explained my point. Did you read it ? My point is that the candidates are bribable. Yeah, there's something wrong with them. They are all taking money from special interests, which then puts them in a position to be indebted to those contributors. All except for Trump.

And no, I'm not insinuating. And no, I''m not implying. I never insinuate, infer, or imply anything, Not ever. If I want to say something, I say it. And I said it, right here, right now, And in the OP.

So sure, people can donate. And candidates can accept those donations. BUT, when they do, they then become suspect to the possibility that their presidency may be corrupted as linked to those contributors. In the case of Trump, who does this without contributors, that possibility and suspicion is absent. Get it ?

In my opinion, Trump and Mrs. Clinton are too old.

Sorry...until a federal investigation into the activities of hilary and her time at the state department as she sold her office to foreign governments is investigated, in a serious way, I really could not care less about problems with the Republicans.....she sold her office to foreign governments that are hostile to this country....

yes. And then she got other government agencies AND Congress to go along with her scheme using her insidious mind powers.

yes. And then she got other government agencies AND Congress to go along with her scheme using her insidious mind powers.
Yet millions of Americans support her for president, while opposing Donald Trump who is not selling his office-to-be to anyone. Strange.

Forum List

Back