Bush Tax Cuts Caused the Deficit

The most ridiculously absurd 6 words in the English language only slightly ahead of:
"President Bill Clinton left a surplus"

Would you substitute the words "contributed to" for "caused"?

Oh, and I am interested in your debt math for the end of the Clinton era.

Thanks for your time.

The most ridiculously absurd 6 words in the English language only slightly ahead of:

Thanks for your time.

No and projections of future budgets is what Clinton left.
There was never a surplus. Social Security and Medicare were not in those projected budgets along with the war and the economy tanking.
Bush did contribute heavily to the deficit.
He supported the Prescription Dope Plan for Gramps, the largest social program in 70 years.
But tax cuts never causes deficits. SPENDING causes deficits.

Thanks for your time.

There was never a surplus. Social Security and Medicare were not in those projected budgets along with the war and the economy tanking.
He supported the Prescription Dope Plan for Gramps, the largest social program in 70 years.

So we should have cut spending by 50% as a percentage of GDP to pay for the tax cuts? According to what you just said then we can just stop taxing people completely and then the deficits will be solely caused by spending. So then we cut spending completely and then there is no more deficit, or government.

This is the same as saying that tax cuts always increase revenue. Sorry, but it simply isn't true. If it were, we could cuts all taxes to zero and revenues would increase, right?

Would the deficit be different if the Economic Growth and Tax Relief Reconciliation Act of 2001 and Jobs and Growth Tax Relief Reconciliation Act of 2003 had never been passed?

Since you're suggesting no causal relation between their passage and the size of subsequent deficits, presumably you're suggesting the answer is no?

Thanks for your time.

Sir or madam,

If I start earning less money at work it will sure cause a deficit in my personal accounts. Saying anything else is just.....dishonest or contrived.

I have lost much respect for you and now treat everything you type as suspect.

My regrets.

Bill Clinton and team left a budget surplus.

Lies wont change that.

Bush left us a world wide economic disaster.

Lies wont change that.

Lies wont change that.

Lies wont change that.

What was the "debt" when Bush left office.

What is it today.

Need four calculators? There are a lot of zeros and commas.

Lies wont change that.

Lies wont change that.

Retard.. seriously. No offense to retards everywhere. Clinton ran up the national debt by over 40%.

Forum List

Back