Bush Blamed Again

this is being FORCED Globally, worldwide i believe....along with those stupid fluorescent lites....buy your up your incandescent lites now, cuz they will be no more, globally either....

Actually not forced. Other countries have made the transition, many over a decade ago. I think all of Europe made it in 1995 (have a few friends in England who wondered why we took so long). The switch was planed a loooong time ago, they just sold the TV's without telling everyone so that by the time it did happen most people wouldn't notice (as I said, TV's as early as 1998 are likely to already understand digital as well as analog signals). The con was that since the switch was near anyway some group found a way to scare our government into giving them a bunch of tax money without a way to get it back, scare the populace into thinking they all need their product. It worked, they made off with a ton of our taxes and many people are still ignorant enough to think they MUST have the stupid boxes just because they are using "rabbit ears", rabbit ears are just another antenna, they were just an early shape for them and still common today. The antenna has no effect on the type of signal you can receive though they can have amplifiers built in to make it clearer (which the amplifier must be able to understand the available signal to work).

Why did they put expiration dates on those coupons? Idiots!!! And it wasn't cheap. The gov wasted a lot of money sending out those coupons that no one used.
I'm guilty too. I got my coupon but didn't buy a converter. :eusa_shhh:

:clap2: Yeah, go figure why the gov (gov being all gov, both repubs and dems) would do something so illogical. I wonder how much they've spent on advertising and how much they will spend on advertising for the next four months.

Hey, I understand that when stores do get these converter boxes in they run out almost right away. If you do get another coupon try to get to the store as soon as they get them in. Are you sure you need a converter box? If you get cable or satelitte dish, you don't need one. Just if you have rabbit ears. Well, if your tv has rabbit ears. Although, go check out the thread on this somewhere on here. Kittenkoder has a lot of info on this, you may not need anything regardless of what you have.

I cancelled cable in 2004 and they never actually turned it off. :eusa_shhh: So I do have cable, sort of.

I get the feeling they're going to find out once this converter thing happens and turn me off. So I'll need the converter.

I hope the converter makes basic tv's w/o cable usable finally. My cable ready tv gets only one channel, channel 7, and that channel is fuzzy. I can't believe you can not get 2,4,7,50 and 20 plus 56 and 62 free anymore like when I was a kid.

My grandma can in Detroit, but in Metro Detroit only channel 7 comes in, and real crappy too. And big antenna's don't really work all that good either.

So if these converter boxes make it so you get the basics crystal clear, I'll be really happy.
no, they wont
the cable feeds are already digital in a sense
if they never turned your box off, then it wont change
if you have a cable feed of any kind you dont need the box

:clap2: Yeah, go figure why the gov (gov being all gov, both repubs and dems) would do something so illogical. I wonder how much they've spent on advertising and how much they will spend on advertising for the next four months.

Hey, I understand that when stores do get these converter boxes in they run out almost right away. If you do get another coupon try to get to the store as soon as they get them in. Are you sure you need a converter box? If you get cable or satelitte dish, you don't need one. Just if you have rabbit ears. Well, if your tv has rabbit ears. Although, go check out the thread on this somewhere on here. Kittenkoder has a lot of info on this, you may not need anything regardless of what you have.

I cancelled cable in 2004 and they never actually turned it off. :eusa_shhh: So I do have cable, sort of.

I get the feeling they're going to find out once this converter thing happens and turn me off. So I'll need the converter.

I hope the converter makes basic tv's w/o cable usable finally. My cable ready tv gets only one channel, channel 7, and that channel is fuzzy. I can't believe you can not get 2,4,7,50 and 20 plus 56 and 62 free anymore like when I was a kid.

My grandma can in Detroit, but in Metro Detroit only channel 7 comes in, and real crappy too. And big antenna's don't really work all that good either.

So if these converter boxes make it so you get the basics crystal clear, I'll be really happy.
no, they wont

I'm just saying that after this conversion, they might go around checking to see who should and shouldn't be connected, and they might discover I shoudn't be.

One neighbor ran another neighbors caple from condo to condo and they were out the next day to disconnect it. I thought they were going to find me out then. I would have killed him! LOL.

My actual question is this. Will this new converter give us crystal clear 2, 4, 7, 20 & 50 like when we were kids? Before Cable came around, I

no, they wont

I'm just saying that after this conversion, they might go around checking to see who should and shouldn't be connected, and they might discover I shoudn't be.

One neighbor ran another neighbors caple from condo to condo and they were out the next day to disconnect it. I thought they were going to find me out then. I would have killed him! LOL.

My actual question is this. Will this new converter give us crystal clear 2, 4, 7, 20 & 50 like when we were kids? Before Cable came around, I

A box would help (and before the transition started an analog one would have helped as well) because they have signal amplifiers, so if you can only get one station right now anyway, you may as well get the box even if your TV can understand the digital signal, just for the better reception.

no, they wont

LOL
i highly doubt the converter box will help you
how old is your TV?

This was bound to happen, I don't see how they can blame bush, I'm not defending bush, don't see how its his fault.

Haven't ya heard? Everything is Bush's fault. Hurricanes are his fault, global warming is his fault, & the mouse in my house is his fault.

I wonder who the Dems going to blame when the U.S. is bankrupt in 2010? The last eight, maybe they'll add the last two as well.

This was bound to happen, I don't see how they can blame bush, I'm not defending bush, don't see how its his fault.

Haven't ya heard? Everything is Bush's fault. Hurricanes are his fault, global warming is his fault, & the mouse in my house is his fault.

I wonder who the Dems going to blame when the U.S. is bankrupt in 2010? The last eight, maybe they'll add the last two as well.
bush, of course

Everyone should blame congress first of all, 2nd the President Obama for not up holding the oath he took, 3rd International bankers, 4 Our Self's for not putting the money back into our own hands, and out of privatized banking. I only see 1 or 2 ways out of this whole mess of paying off our national debt. Currency backed by gold, or silver, issued by the treasury of the united states, is the most honest solution.

Forum List

Back