Bush Below 40% for 7th consecutive month..

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by T-Bor, Apr 9, 2007.

1. T-Bor

T-Bor Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +101
    The american people are speaking up. Sounds to me like most of America cant wait till Bush gets the hell out of office. Seems like most of the people who supported him are now turning against him. Can I say WE TOLD YA SO !!!!!

http://www.playfuls.com/news_10_23393-Bush-Approval-Below-40-Percent-Again.html

U.S. President George Bush's approval rating has stayed below 40 percent for a seventh consecutive month, a USA Today/Gallup Poll said.

USA Today reported Monday that two other presidents have had longer periods of low approval ratings since modern polling began -- one was Richard Nixon in the 13 months leading up to his resignation during the Watergate scandal and the other was Harry Truman during his final 26 months in office and the Korean War.

Bush's approval rating in a poll taken last Monday through Thursday was 38 percent, USA Today reported.

"It's pretty hard for a president to get ratings this low in general and then to be in the position where you basically don't budge -- that's been reserved for some of the least popular presidents during the worst times of the last 60 years," Jeffrey Jones of the Gallup Poll told USA Today.

White House spokeswoman Dana Perino told the newspaper that the president pays little attention to polls.

"If we're reviewing consecutive streaks, one of the most impressive is our 60-plus months of economic growth and 42 months of job creation," she said.

2. Creek_George

Creek_George Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +48
    I'd bet my left nut..If every American had to vote by force..

Four options only..

A friendly gay man,Mrs.Clinton....Ellen DeGeneres.....I'm not sure what Republican will take the lead....So have not a clue on who wants that job.

Richard Simmons would be the next president...if this administration don't get there shit in gear....

The Con Party will have to resort to Michael Jackson endorsing them...

You Libs will be as equaly guilty on making the small man go out of business...Your loans,grants..funding that helps those more...not making the sacrafice here in our own country....that those who try to do so born & raised need.

Having the carrer politican Mrs.Clinton aint gona make my life any better...to the low class I feel I'm in..to the middle.

I feel things would be better..if the super rich said..better to be middle class...Than my poor as trying to make it to it...(smile)

Hahahahaha..:)

Well..gona dip some celery in some peanut butter....Sip on some more beer..:)

If the American dream is gone..so is the belief to trying to succeed....

Social Security is something now...this country needs..to keep that boat from sinking....

Beer is the only thing that is gona save us...:)

Peace

Creek

3. no1tovote4

no1tovote4 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +616
    I'd like to ask one question....

How many on this site would STILL vote Bush if the choice was Kerry or Bush?

Kerry with the grand plan in Iraq of "Do wut he duz, but wit 10 thousand more guyz..." Not even a "surge"? Honestly.

How many would?

4. Creek_George

Creek_George Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +48
    Can I say...I'd vote Kerry..if it was only for the fact...to keep Bush out?....(smile).

Richard Simmons....Some more options please..:)

Creek..:)

5. red states rule

red states rule Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +572
    Only those who consider the troops terrorists and uneducated

Only those who want to fight a "more sensitive war"

Only those who support a "Global Test" before America takes steps to protect and defend herself

I would, however, cast a vote for Kerry if he was running for President of France

6. Vintij

Vintij Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +105
    Bush's approval rating is the lowest since jimmy carter. Even Nixon had a higher rating when he left office.

7. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    • Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  8. Dirt McGirt

Dirt McGirt Bad Mother****er

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +503
    I never voted for Bush...but I wouldn't vote for Kerry again either. I'll write my own name in there if it's between those two. But for '08 and every election forward, I've come to the conclusion that minority governments are best for the nation. You have a little more oversight that way. A Dem or Repub majority in two branches of government is bad any way you slice you it. If the Dems are still in power at the House and Senate in 08, I'm voting Republican in the Presidential primaries no matter what. I'd be content with Giuliani in the White House if the House and Senate are split.

9. Vintij

Vintij Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +105
    The only difference, bush has had an approval rating below 40 for 7 straight months. Too bad this is not an American Idol approval rating. I think more people voted for sanjiya than in the entire political poll.

10. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Looks to me that Congressional 30's have been a year or more!