Burglar Stops to Pet Golden Retriever

Road Runner

Take Back America In 2024 Vote Trump!
Jun 16, 2021
USA
He's stealing the bike as well as the Golden's heart. I'm not sure what to think here, I just hope that he doesn't come for the dog next.

He's stealing the bike as well as the Golden's heart. I'm not sure what to think here, I just hope that he doesn't come for the dog next.

Some dogs are not good dogs for protecting your house. I would refrain from labeling the breed as a bad guard dog breed. I have seen very friendly Pitbulls act more Golden Retrievers toward house intruders. I also have seen a Collie ,which has more a reputation of being a very friendly dog like a Golden Retriever, be a very fierce guard dog. I had a Collie growing up that bit and chased a burgular out of our house, cop said the burglar was scared to death of that Collie. He actually was not a friendly dog toward strangers, but had more of personality of a Rottweiller and was an excellent guard dog. Of course after family members let the dog know the stranger is ok to trust he would be very friendly toward him, but the dog was by nature very untrusting of strangers and intruders he did not know. The Collie by instinct would also bite/attack anybody he percieved as hurting a family member. I was wrestling/ tackling/ sparing with friends and the Collie would think I was in danger and actually bite/ attack my friends. We learned if any friends were coming over to wrestle/spar with that we needed to lock that Collie in another room.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back