Bullying among our youth is still a problem

Bullying is a problem of the human condition. It will never go away, but we should do our best to minimize it as much as possible.

Michigan boy, 13, kills himself after being bullied on school bus, mom says

I wish this was something everyone could get behind. Conservative, Liberals.... I can see where both sides have come up short on this issue and flaws in their approach.

They learn it from the adults.

That sounds like a blame it and leave it strategy. I am more about accountability..... on the Adults. If Teachers, Administrators, Facilities, Bus drivers, etc., witness bullying, they need to get involved. Parents of bullys need to be held accountable. If children and parents are lying about being bullied as a means to accuse someone of bullying, they need to be held accountable.

I wish this was something everyone could get behind. Conservative, Liberals.... I can see where both sides have come up short on this issue and flaws in their approach.
i know of no one on any side who is "for" bullying. those that may well be are certainly not limited to a political mindset. it all comes back to parenting and they must take control. i've seen several videos where parents made their children walk to school with an I'M A BULLY type banner around them or some such thing to get them to stop.

we need to call out the positive stories when we see them but unfortunately, those get very few clicks and we're back to bitching about what trump had for lunch.

That sounds like a blame it and leave it strategy. I am more about accountability..... on the Adults. If Teachers, Administrators, Facilities, Bus drivers, etc., witness bullying, they need to get involved. Parents of bullys need to be held accountable. If children and parents are lying about being bullied as a means to accuse someone of bullying, they need to be held accountable.
Agreed. I suspect the adults in the schools, fail to do anything about it. They need training to recognize it and control it, because sadly many government school workers aren’t very smart. They require training.

Agreed. I suspect the adults in the schools, fail to do anything about it. They need training to recognize it and control it, because sadly many government school workers aren’t very smart. They require training.

Why not? I mean schools are seeking to control more and more of our students’ lives and they can’t or won’t stop bullying?

Why not? I mean schools are seeking to control more and more of our students’ lives and they can’t or won’t stop bullying?
I believe school personnel aren’t smart enough to recognize and stop bullying. They need training.

Bullying is a problem of the human condition. It will never go away, but we should do our best to minimize it as much as possible.
It occurs because adults ignore it. It often goes on right under their nose, and they do nothing about it. Sometimes they even participate in it.

I believe school personnel aren’t smart enough to recognize and stop bullying. They need training.
Parents need to be trained to detect the signs of bullying. Often their children won't tell them, but when they show signs of not wanting to go to school, bullying is often the reason.

I doubt the later ever happens.

I say involve the police.

If someone is bullying another, call the cops and (assuming there is enough evidence) charge the little shit and make him pay for his crime.
Laws must be changed that you cannot get away with bullying/beating people just because you are under 18.
I say as soon as you turn 13, you are subject to EXACTLY the same laws and penalties as adults when it comes to violent crime.
If a 13/14 year old is old enough to mother/father a child - and most are - than they are old enough to be treated like adults if they want to assault/mentally torture others.
Stop protecting these bullies because they are 'pre-adults' or bullying will NEVER stop.

I agree with that. But, I think it is fantastic when we watch adults in action. They have school policies in place. His bus had two cameras. They did not follow procedure. So, they could get a lawsuit.

That said, it's all about liability. Had all of the procedures been used, this child would probably still be bullied and may have committed suicide but...........the school and Dean's bus system-thing wouldn't be open to a lawsuit. They would have done their little investigation looking for did we follow policy and procedure to avoid being responsible or held accountable.

But it’s “toxic” to teach young boys that sometimes you gotta punch someone in the mouth? Why the surprise when the result is so predictable?

Bullying comes in many ways shape and forms. Who teaches the girls to smear, snear, and geer at a girl who’s clothes don’t fit right because her family is poor?

Bullying is an epidemic that needs to be taken on by politicians who are willing to enforce and not lip talk.

Forum List

Back